what is the match you are expecting the most? [Archive] - Xtratime Community

what is the match you are expecting the most?

mali
September 4th, 2006, 05:15
me, it's the france/italy.
it will be bloody. what's your prediction for this match?

AP4MVP
September 4th, 2006, 05:18
I think france will win 2-0. Shocker!. Im anticipating Holland vs. Albania because
1) it will be a very nice test for my boys
and
2)my father has been a holland fan all his life and now they play Albania so of course its hyped(at least in my house)

talish zone
September 4th, 2006, 17:09
azerbaycan-armenia

IVO
September 4th, 2006, 17:30
It won't be "bloody" mali, come on. France seem to be on better form right now but it's hard to see Italy going winless in their first two games.

For Wednesday's games, I'm looking forward to Czech Republic against Slovakia. I think it'll be an emotional game and nobody will stop for the 90 minutes.

audiollama
September 4th, 2006, 17:44
Yes, Czech Republic - Slovakia will be massive. My hopes go for Slovakia, it will be quite tough for both teams I think.

Jern Lizardhous
September 4th, 2006, 17:47
France will beat Italy, Ribery looks even better this season, he has become a proper player.

Gilli
September 4th, 2006, 17:52
Israel - England, can't wait to get dissapointed again when they move the match to Honoloulu

nEEbz
September 4th, 2006, 18:03
France/Italy would be walk in the park :o. Any exciting matches around?

mali
September 4th, 2006, 19:38
It won't be "bloody" mali, come on. France seem to be on better form right now but it's hard to see Italy going winless in their first two games.

it will no be penalties seance this time. and if i'm not mistaken, italy didn't win against us fair and square since 24 years. it could be a draw again, or even worse for the italians... a lost match.

IVO
September 4th, 2006, 19:44
So penalties are not a "fair and square" win?

mali
September 4th, 2006, 19:45
So penalties are not a "fair and square" win?

yes it is. but i was talking about the winning in the game play.

IVO
September 4th, 2006, 19:54
Well if that's the case then one can say they were better on the game play and if not for a weak, weak penalty call they'd have won 1-0. Let it go mali, it's history.

Alter Ego
September 4th, 2006, 19:56
Spain vs Lietcheistein

mali
September 4th, 2006, 20:00
Well if that's the case then one can say they were better on the game play and if not for a weak, weak penalty call they'd have won 1-0. Let it go mali, it's history.

ah no, excuse me. i would say that italy negociated perfectly the penalties seance. for that they deserved to win.
but in the game, they didn't prove that much. i wasn't even worried until the zidane/materazzi incident.
but as you say, it's history now. history will only be reminded as an italy win and a zizou headbutt. too bad, because i thought that this french squad deserved to get a second star for its magnifique cursus in this world cup.

Fruit Salad
September 4th, 2006, 20:02
Not a euro qualifier, but the match I'm most looking forward to seeing this midweek is the friendly between Brazil and Wales.

Mali, france and Italy seems like a draw.

IVO
September 4th, 2006, 20:02
Of course you think that ;)

mali
September 4th, 2006, 20:05
i gonna tell you, if italy manage to play as they did in semi against germany; maybe they will be able to beat france.
if not, then they will lose or draw.

RobertoBaggio
September 4th, 2006, 20:22
ah no, excuse me. i would say that italy negociated perfectly the penalties seance. for that they deserved to win.
but in the game, they didn't prove that much. i wasn't even worried until the zidane/materazzi incident.
but as you say, it's history now. history will only be reminded as an italy win and a zizou headbutt. too bad, because i thought that this french squad deserved to get a second star for its magnifique cursus in this world cup.

Did France deserve to win the World Cup? Yes.
Did they win the World Cup? No.

Did Italy deserve to win the World Cup.? Yes.
Did they win the World Cup?

The point is you should know what the difference is and you trying to discredit it won't change it.

mali
September 4th, 2006, 20:27
let's say there is different ways to win and to lose.
winning without panache.
losing without shame.

nEEbz
September 4th, 2006, 20:42
Did France deserve to win the World Cup? Yes.
Did they win the World Cup? No.

Did Italy deserve to win the World Cup.? Yes.
Did they win the World Cup?

The point is you should know what the difference is and you trying to discredit it won't change it.

Did Grosso dive? ;)

Filipe Reis
September 4th, 2006, 20:52
The match I am expecting the most is obviously Finland-Portugal.

France vs Italy will probably be a bore with a tedious 0-0 or 1-1 :yawn:

Gilli
September 4th, 2006, 20:57
I assume youre going to the Finland match right?

Filipe Reis
September 4th, 2006, 21:00
I assume youre going to the Finland match right?

I wish I could but Helsinki is not exactly next door from where I live.

mali
September 4th, 2006, 21:14
The match I am expecting the most is obviously Finland-Portugal.

France vs Italy will probably be a bore with a tedious 0-0 or 1-1 :yawn:

i like watching portugal playing. at the condition it's not against france. i don't know why but they get on my nerves when they play against us.

for france/italy it would be certainly a tactical game. might be boring for some, but me, i do like tactical games.

fats
September 4th, 2006, 21:19
well buffon said after the game vs lithuania that we[italy] cud do even with a defeat in this game vs france and the real test will be next month against ukraine and georgia..........so i dont think the team will be too bothered losing this one and the french will be looking for rvenge and probably get it ......... we will still make it thru though to euro 2008.......... i hope for a draw though

Filipe Reis
September 4th, 2006, 21:21
i like watching portugal playing. at the condition it's not against france. i don't know why but they get on my nerves when they play against us.

I share your feelings of irritation regarding France when they play against us but unfortunately I no longer like to watch your country as I have an allergy to arrogant players and unfortunately the current Bleus are packed with that kind.
It's a real shame as while I was a teenager I used to love watching France with that amazing midfield trio of Platini, Giresse and Tigana.

for france/italy it would be certainly a tactical game. might be boring for some, but me, i do like tactical games.

I also like tactical games but tactics do not necessarily mean boredom.

mali
September 4th, 2006, 21:25
you are a portugues living in sweden isn't it?

Filipe Reis
September 4th, 2006, 21:27
you are a portugues living in sweden isn't it?

Yes I am. What about you? A malienne living in France?

mali
September 4th, 2006, 21:37
no, i'm simply a french living in france.

IVO
September 5th, 2006, 03:53
I heard you were Quebecois :tongue:

MetinK5
September 5th, 2006, 04:27
i cant wait for both Turkey-Greece matches

X player
September 5th, 2006, 07:00
That game, and Armenia vs Azerbaijan for me.

pablome
September 6th, 2006, 16:04
lol

G.T.
September 6th, 2006, 18:13
I'm waiting for San Marino vs Malta !! My mouth is watering in anticipation !! ;)

(j/k I respect every NT...
mmh, except France maybe :D)

Jern Lizardhous
September 6th, 2006, 18:16
England v Swiss u-21 match starts soon.

THHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzeriWolf
September 6th, 2006, 18:53
Azerbaijan - Armenia..I must watch the game...Also it would be interesting Poland against Azerbaijan)

Skoko-18
September 7th, 2006, 01:04
Croatia-England ;/ being bias

I would pick Serbia-Portugal

Beast
October 9th, 2006, 12:33

piece of cake :)

Gianni Schicchi
October 12th, 2006, 13:37
Denmark-Sweden.

Jern Lizardhous
October 12th, 2006, 13:51
Andorra v England, we might have a chance to win that one.

Keisu
October 12th, 2006, 13:53
Denmark - Sweden. I hope to prove Denmark are still Sweden's little brother :pp :D But then, It would be nice to see Denmark step up and prove themselves, so a draw or loss would do just fine too. We can afford it. I love seeing nordic teams being succesful. I'm afraid Swedish era will come to an end at Euro 2008. We have a few players with untapped potential, but I'm not sure they will make a breakthru' before then. :undecide:

GICA
October 12th, 2006, 14:14
Netherlands - Romania, what a great game! :)

ARMENIAN ULTRAS
October 12th, 2006, 14:17
Azerbedjian - Armenia
Armenia - Azerbedjian
Belgium - Armenia (because I'll go to Belgium to c da game:lick: )

mali
October 12th, 2006, 17:39
Andorra v England, we might have a chance to win that one.

i feel pity for you:D

Blast
March 22nd, 2007, 09:33
Israel vs England will be a good match...

England will lose points in Israel... I hope for a draw!!

Overclass
March 22nd, 2007, 10:01
Italy vs Fracne revenge match in Italy

Blast
March 26th, 2007, 06:40
Israel vs England will be a good match...

England will lose points in Israel... I hope for a draw!!

My hopes were answered as Israel keep england to a scoreless draw... :rollani: :thumbsup:

Capitan Totti
March 26th, 2007, 07:07
My god mali... :rollani: :howler:

mali
March 26th, 2007, 08:29
My god mali... :rollani: :howler:

quoi?:D

Mithi
May 20th, 2007, 15:17
Italy vs France
Germany vs Czech
Holland vs Romania

AI_Melo
May 26th, 2007, 14:43
Italy vs France - No doubt
Also, armenia vs azerbaijan

Hajduk_Hrvatska
May 30th, 2007, 15:48
England-Croatia at Wembley. So we can knock them out of EURO's at their own pitch. :D

naervod
June 1st, 2007, 10:54
I'm excited for Germany-San Marino this weekend. :D I'm serious, I like goal-fests, and this one will be televised here in the States. :) And if its not a goal-fest, then hey, I like upsets too! Its a win-win situation, really. :D

goldice1
June 2nd, 2007, 07:50
waht channel? the germany- san marino game?

Lupi
June 2nd, 2007, 14:06
Home game against Holland and away game against Bulgaria.