Friendly: Beitar - FC Brussels: 0-1 [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Friendly: Beitar - FC Brussels: 0-1

brusselsboy
July 8th, 2006, 22:12
Friendly played today in Oosterhout (HOL)

A few pictures: http://fcbrussels554.fotopic.net/c1015959.html

Anybody with the line-up of your team ?

Cheerz

Gilli
July 8th, 2006, 22:25
Nope, sorry, all I know is that only 3 players (Fabrice Fernandes, Shimon Gershon and Avi Ivgy) played full 90 minutes.

brusselsboy
July 8th, 2006, 22:33
Ok :) It was a very rough game, from both sides. But I think our victory was deserved, 2 quite good teams I believe. Do you guys play Uefa this season ?

Gilli
July 8th, 2006, 22:38
Ok :) It was a very rough game, from both sides. But I think our victory was deserved, 2 quite good teams I believe. Do you guys play Uefa this season ?

Heard we dominated and missed loads of chances, not sure how much we should read into this result, the team is not completed yet and our foreigners have just been signed except for one. This team will take some time to gel...yeah we play UEFA Cup this year. What do you think of our new striker Mohammed Tchite by the way? I suppose you know him well.

brusselsboy
July 8th, 2006, 22:50
Hmm, that's not true, it was a closed game, our defence was pretty good. Beitar had the most possession of the ball, but didn't create enough chances: 1 quite big (a shot from a distance, saved by our goalie), and for the rest, a few would-be chances (e.g. a dangerous situation before the goal, but a tackle right on time), but never dangerous enough. It could have been 2-0 at the end of the game, by the way. I think a draw would have been fair, but it's certainly not the case that Beitar had a lot of chances.

Concerning Tchité: a great player, he nearly came to our team the past season, but then he started playing well at Standard, and his transfer to Brussels was cancelled. Scored a lot of important goals for Standard, he's very fast and scores easily. Good luck with him !