Middlesbrough v Palace [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Middlesbrough v Palace

Balis-of-Steel
August 27th, 2004, 18:08
Middlesbrough are one of those sides that flatter to deceive, on paper they look good, quality throughout.

However they rarely seem to gel.
I think you could pull off a result here given Boro having an off day, if Boro click you could be on the end of 3-4 goals.

I think Southgate and Ehiogu are both out still, so the back line may not be able to cope with young Wayne or AJ.

Mart
August 27th, 2004, 21:14
I think Southgate and Ehiogu are both out still, so the back line may not be able to cope with young Wayne or AJ.

Gareth's back, he played at Fulham last week. Can't see Palace getting anything out of this one :sigh: Boro may be suspect at the back but they're much stronger in midfield and up front.

Crystal Palace (from): Speroni, Kiraly, Boyce, Hudson, Borrowdale, Popovic, Granville, Leigertwood, Riihilahti, Hall, Hughes*, Derry, Routledge, Kolkka, Johnson, Kaviedes, Torghelle*, Freedman, Black.

Hughes and Sanyi to have late fitness tests. Expect Palace to field the same side as vs Chelsea.

Orange
August 27th, 2004, 22:16
It's definetly a very tough match. Hopefully Palace can play up to their best tomorrow, it's early days, but being bottom of the table is never a good feeling.

I can's see it live, since the TV channels with EPL rights, are showing two other matches at the same time, but they will send it late in the evening in delay. I won't hide from the result, but will probably watch the match no matter what.

Come on Palace! :)

Mart
August 28th, 2004, 16:31
Speroni,Boyce, Popovic,Hudson, Granville,Routledge,Hall,Riihilahti,Kolkka, Hughes,Johnson
SUBS. Kiraly,Derry,Borrowdale,Soares,Kaviedes.

FT. Boro 2-1 Palace
All of the goals in the 2nd half,Palace took the lead with an AJ penalty after he was brought down by Riggott, sounded like the defender was fortunate not to get a red card :sigh:
Popovic o.g equalised for Boro, Jimmy Floyd scored the winner with a free kick :broken: