Contra stays with Alaves [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Contra stays with Alaves

EclipsE
August 14th, 2000, 02:11
After all the speculation and all the papers reporting that Cosmin Contra has signed with this or that team, Contra is staying with Alaves for another season :(

I am kind of dissapointed as I would have liked to see him play for a team like Barca or Zaragoza and show his skills. But the one good thing to come out of his staying is that he will play 90 mintues every game Alaves plays, which is good for his form when he comes to the Romanian national team. :)

Argentina
August 14th, 2000, 08:07
after all these cheap rumors of him going to barca, it finally was untrue....do you think alves can keep on playing good and avoid relegation? IMHO, alves is going to face tougher teams and a way better league than last year. they will not be top 10 in La Liga

EclipsE
August 14th, 2000, 08:35
Yah last year was a breakthrough year for them. They are going to be a midtable team next year. And I don't know what you're talking about when you say "can they avoid relegation next season"... of course they can.

But the rumors of Barca and Zaragoza wanting him were true, Alaves and Zaragoza were apparently very close to agreeing to a price while Barca was suppsed to have signed him, but I dunno what happend to that. But I think Alaves raised the price at the last moment.

Argentina
August 14th, 2000, 10:11
it was a big mistake for contra....instead of stepping upwards, he went downwards. alves will not be really good next year and who know! they might get relegated.

labas
August 15th, 2000, 00:39
Glad to hear this, at least he won't be reinforcing the real rivals:D Besides La Liga can use all the great players possible:D