European Cups Qualifying! [Archive] - Xtratime Community

European Cups Qualifying!

ABC7
June 19th, 2003, 20:50
Hey guys,
i thought maybe we should start a thread for the qualifying rounds for both the Champions League and the Uefa Cup. The groups for the possible Uefa Cup opponents for both Zvezda and Sartid were drawn today and i must say both of our teams did very well in my opinion. The actual draw is tommorow as well as the Champions League draw where Partizan are in the second round of qualifying.

Here are Zvezda and Sartid's groups though.

2003/04 UEFA Cup
Qualifying round draw
Group D (teams in bold are seeded)
Pos Club
10 PFC Litex Lovech (BUL)
11 FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)
23 FK Sartid (YUG)
37 APOEL Nicosia FC (CYP)
44 CSF Zimbru Chisinau (MOL)
48 FK Sarajevo (BHZ)
60 FC Neman Grodno (BLS)
61 Derry City FC (IRL)

2003/04 UEFA Cup
Qualifying round draw
Group H (teams in bold are seeded)
Pos Club
5 FK Crvena Zvezda (YUG)
25 GKS Katowice (POL)
27 Debreceni VSC (HUN
38 ŠKM Púchov (SVK)

49 FC Nistru Otaci (MOL)
51 FC Sioni Bolnisi (GEO)
54 FK Ekranas (LIT)
57 FK Cementarnica 55 (MKD)

ABC7
June 19th, 2003, 20:51
Contenders aim to emulate Porto
Thursday, 19 June 2003
Three sides that have tasted European glory are among the 82 contenders lining up for the UEFA Cup qualifying round draw.

Seeded teams
Romanian club FC Steaua Bucuresti and FK Crvena Zvezda of Serbia and Montenegro, winners of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1986 and 1991 respectively, will be joined by the 1970 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup champions Manchester City FC. All three teams are seeded in the draw, which takes place in Nyon, Switzerland at 14.00CET on Friday.

Ten groups
For the draw, the 82 entrants have been divided in half into seeded and unseeded sides, and then placed into ten different groups lettered A to J based on geographical criteria and in accordance with the club coefficient ranking list.

How it works
Groups A to I will have two bowls of balls each made up of four seeds and four non-seeds while Group J will have a bowl of balls containing five seeds and another bowl with five non-seeds. To determine the draw, a ball will be taken from each bowl and these will be shuffled in an empty bowl. The first team drawn will play the first leg at home against the second team drawn.

August matches
This procedure will be carried out until all 41 qualifying round ties have been decided. Any fixture reversals and changes of date will then be confirmed by UEFA at 15.30CET. The set dates for the two-legged ties are 14 and 28 August.

First-round entrants
Aside from RC Lens and City, teams from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands and Turkey all enter the UEFA Cup in the first round, together with the cup winners from Portugal, Russia, Czech Republic, Scotland, Ukraine, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Norway and Israel.

Champions League losers
In addition to these teams, the 16 losing sides in the Champions League third qualifying round will enter the competition in the first round, and the eight third-placed teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage will join in the third round. The UEFA Cup final will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden on 19 May 2004.

www.uefa.com

ABC7
June 19th, 2003, 20:54
Contenders aim to emulate Porto
Thursday, 19 June 2003
Three sides that have tasted European glory are among the 82 contenders lining up for the UEFA Cup qualifying round draw.

Seeded teams
Romanian club FC Steaua Bucuresti and FK Crvena Zvezda of Serbia and Montenegro, winners of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1986 and 1991 respectively, will be joined by the 1970 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup champions Manchester City FC. All three teams are seeded in the draw, which takes place in Nyon, Switzerland at 14.00CET on Friday.

Ten groups
For the draw, the 82 entrants have been divided in half into seeded and unseeded sides, and then placed into ten different groups lettered A to J based on geographical criteria and in accordance with the club coefficient ranking list.

How it works
Groups A to I will have two bowls of balls each made up of four seeds and four non-seeds while Group J will have a bowl of balls containing five seeds and another bowl with five non-seeds. To determine the draw, a ball will be taken from each bowl and these will be shuffled in an empty bowl. The first team drawn will play the first leg at home against the second team drawn.

August matches
This procedure will be carried out until all 41 qualifying round ties have been decided. Any fixture reversals and changes of date will then be confirmed by UEFA at 15.30CET. The set dates for the two-legged ties are 14 and 28 August.

First-round entrants
Aside from RC Lens and City, teams from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands and Turkey all enter the UEFA Cup in the first round, together with the cup winners from Portugal, Russia, Czech Republic, Scotland, Ukraine, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Norway and Israel.

Champions League losers
In addition to these teams, the 16 losing sides in the Champions League third qualifying round will enter the competition in the first round, and the eight third-placed teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage will join in the third round. The UEFA Cup final will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden on 19 May 2004.

UEFA Champions League first qualifying round draw
First leg matches: 16 July 2003
Second leg matches: 23 July 2003
Teams - seeded/unseeded
1 - HJK Helsinki (FIN) 11 - FC BATE Borisov (BEL)
2 - Skonto FC (LAT) 12 - Sliema Wanderers FC (MLT)
3 - Omonia AC (CYP) 13 - Barry Town AFC (WAL)
4 - Bohemian FC (IRL) 14 - FC Pyunik (ARM)
5 - FC Sheriff (MOL) 15 - KF Tirana (ALB)
6 - FC Dinamo Tblisi (GEO) 16 - FC Flora (EST)
7 - FK Leotar (BHZ) 17 - Glentoran FC (NIR)
8 - FBK Kaunas (LIT) 18 - CS Grevenmacher (LUX)
9 - KR Reykjavík (ISL) 19 - HB Tórshavn (FAR)
10 - FK Vardar (MKD) 20 - FC Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ)

UEFA Champions League second qualifying round draw
First leg matches: 30 July 2003
Second leg matches: 6 August 2003
Teams - seeded/unseeded
Celtic FC (SCO) Djurgårdens IF (SWE)
RSC Anderlecht (BEL) AFC Rapid Bucuresti (ROM)
SK Slavia Praha (CZE) NK Maribor (SLO)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) MŠK Žilina (SVK)
Wisla Kraków (POL) Winners match 1
NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) Winners match 2
Grazer AK (AUT) Winners match 3
FK Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) Winners match 4
FK Partizan (YUG) Winners match 5
CH (DEN)* Winners match 6
Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) Winners match 7
PFC CSKA Sofia (BUL) Winners match 8
MTK Hungária FC(HUN) Winners match 9
PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS) Winners match 10
*The championship in Denmark will be decided on Sunday.

So the team that partizan should "aviod" in the draw would be Djurgardens:tongue: and the best team to play would be would be FC Irtysh Pavlodar:D .... so in conclusion it doesn't matter who we play as these teams really suck;)

mgrubi
June 20th, 2003, 00:02
I like everyones chances except that I do not know what Sartid will do to improve as I think they went downhill last year.

Parni Valjak
June 20th, 2003, 00:54
Helsinki (judging from what the Finnish nt did to us :rolleyes: ) and MSk Zilina (Slovakians will be tricky) are the only two teams which I hope we avoid.. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.. I'd actually like to draw Maribor and have at least some revenge on the Slovenians from WC 2002..:)

ABC7
June 20th, 2003, 02:36
Originally posted by Parni Valjak
Helsinki (judging from what the Finnish nt did to us :rolleyes: ) and MSk Zilina (Slovakians will be tricky) are the only two teams which I hope we avoid.. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.. I'd actually like to draw Maribor and have at least some revenge on the Slovenians from WC 2002..:)

Yah i would like to pound Maribor into the ground as well.....we would absolutely murder them.....and our fans should repay to what happened at the euro waterpolo championships as well;)

Komik
June 20th, 2003, 12:51
Bad luck I think, Djurgården is Partizan's opponent. This team is much better than Hammarby was when we played them.
We could have gotten an easier draw, but still, we should win.

I will tell you more about them since that team is the mostly covered team by the swedish media, plus I've seen probably five games with them this season.

Krle
June 20th, 2003, 14:18
:D

I agree P-zan lucked out in the initial draw.

But Sartid hit the jackpot, Sarajevo-Sartid :cool:

Let's see what RS will get.

Krle
June 20th, 2003, 14:33
Crvena Zvezda - Nistru Otaci

What can I say, bring on the first real opponent. :)

Nah I've recently seen the Moldavian NT play Holland and they looked pretty decent, I believe we shouldnt underestimate them but I doubt Muslin will do that. Usually speaking we should go through without too much of a hassle.

Our new run begins in Belgrade and every year I hope for a good result but with Muslin back in charge chances of that have increased, of course you need luck with the draw but if we're able to build a decent team then I can see us making the spring part of the UEFA Cup.

red star forever
June 20th, 2003, 15:08
Lagano dobijamo, odlicna tekma za zagrijavanje. ;)

Partizan really doesn't seem to have any luck in these draws (not that we've had much recently, either) but they should still be able to beat the Swedes. The only thing is that nobody seems to be mentioning all those new signings from before (Tarnat, Moldovan etc.). What's happening with that?

Andrix
June 20th, 2003, 16:19
Opet Svedjani :rolleyes:

A Sartid mora da razbije Sarajevo...jednostavno mora ;)

A Zvezda, kao i obicno u 1. krugu, moze da iskulira :D :rolleyes:

monte
June 20th, 2003, 16:58
Moldovan is 99% sure off to Qatar.

Savo
June 20th, 2003, 17:14
Red star even got a thread abou them on UEFA.COM ...

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=75826.html :D :tongue: :eek:

Parni Valjak
June 20th, 2003, 18:11
Predstavnik Djugardena u Nionu, Bo Lunkvist, nije bio obradovan ishodom zreba:

"Partizan je prejaka ekipa. Prosle sezone su na jednostavan nacin elimisali Hamarbi, bojim se da cemo doziveti istu sudbinu, izjavio je Bo Lunkvist."

well at least they seem more worried than us.. But again we lucked out on the draw, no doubt.. As well it's a disadvantage that the first game is being played in Belgrade.. However, if we aren't able to knock them out then we don't deserve to be in the CL!

NAPRED PARTIZAN!

ABC7
June 20th, 2003, 18:37
Okay,
I'm actually looking positively at this against Djugardens. Cuz look. Maybe they will have played 10 games already in their league (which isn't that great anyway). But we will have played 2 tournaments by that time and with lothar being serious about these preparations that will also help ALOT. so okay they will play 10 games..probably against crap teams since hammarby is like a powerhouse over there:tongue: ..and we raped them last year in beograd. Also, we will play besiktas, kaiserslautern, anderlecht and some more.
Another positive thing about this is that (we will make the 3rd round for sure) whoever we draw in the 3rd round will be REALLY GOOD so we may as well play the best team we could have gotten from the 2nd round than some messed up 1st round loser who we would crush and go into the 3rd round with false hopes.
I still haven't heard Lothar's response to the draw. I am really interested in what he is going to say.....but for now all i have to say is
PFC SAMPION:D:cool:

Komik
June 20th, 2003, 19:18
These are some interesting facts I can come up with right now:

-They will have played 15 games in the league before playing aginst Partizan
-They will have one trining match against West Ham who fell out of the premier league
-They lead the swedish league with 26-8 goal difference
-Their two best players Källström and Elmander will probably leave before the games against Partizan, but that's not for sure ofcourse
-The transfer window here opens july 1st I think and Djurgården needs to strengthen their defence I think, and they probably will
-One of their coaches (they have a two) is Zoran Lukic who probably knows a lot abou our football since he is a serb from Bosnia
-The team has a lot of confidence (especially Zoran) and one of their players said that "OK draw, I think we'll beat them" so these guys are not scared
-They play attacking 4-3-3 and use Elmander (Swedish U21 and 2 caps with the seniors, loan from Feyenoord) as their top striker with Stefanidis (Swedish U21, quick, technical) and Wowoah (also technical, but stronger than Stefanidis) on the wings. Their midfield motor is Källström who is becoming a Swedish NT regular and has a very good game. He has a good left foot and he really knows how to shoot and pass with it. Dangerous free kicks, but we have Ivica so no worries ;) Källströms problem is speed. Otherwise very complete.
The goalkeeper is a Swdish NT player (Isaksson)who is very good but still not 100% secure I think (but which goalkeeper is?), but I mean, he can hanlde situations in an insecure way, like our Ivica does with crosses. At the back they have a u21 Swedish NT player at left, Dorsin, who is a good player, but other than that thay will have problems there with Lazovic and Illiev and the rest.

I guess it's a long time left before the game, so we'll see how it will look in a couple of weeks.

Parni Valjak
June 20th, 2003, 19:28
Kezman_9, thanks for such an insightful and informative post.. If they are as you describe them then we will have our hands full, unless we get some of those "promised" stronger foreigners. :rolleyes: At the moment, let's face it, our team is worse than it was last season.. Without it's best player, Taribo West (who hasn't responded to Lothar's call up) and the managment have only signed two new players (both domestic and hardly enough to compete for the CL).. Ahh, I am feeling unfortunately a bit pessimistic at the moment..

What's happening with Mirkovic and Djordjevic (I hear the cigans have also entered the race for him.. and with Binic being the head of Obilic it wouldn't suprise me if he went and played in that hole).. The list of available Inter players for us has been talked about for days, but it still hasn't come to Partizan's office (yesterday Lothar said that they are expecting it as soon as today..However, Bjekovic said a similiar thing earlier this week!)..

This current team will be more than enough to capture a third straight title, but not good enough for the CL.. Better players from abroad have to come ASAP!

Red_Bandit
June 20th, 2003, 20:37
6 CS Grevenmacher (LUX) v FK Leotar (BHZ)
Winners match 6 v SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

and if Leotar wins then they go on to play Slavia Praha.

Andrix
June 20th, 2003, 21:58
Leotaru su protiv Ceha sanse minimalne....

whoever we draw in the 3rd round will be REALLY GOOD so we may as well play the best team we could have gotten from the 2nd round than some messed up 1st round loser who we would crush and go into the 3rd round with false hopes.

Tu se skroz slazem.

ckembar
June 20th, 2003, 22:37
WHO WILL ZVEZDA PLAY AFTER THE MOLDOVIAN TEAM ???

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 05:12
Originally posted by ckembar
WHO WILL ZVEZDA PLAY AFTER THE MOLDOVIAN TEAM ???

It isn't known yet man. only after the 3rd round of champions league qualifying will this be known. So there's still time.

Red_Bandit
June 21st, 2003, 18:05
OFK Beograd - Trans Narva 0:0 PREKID

Utakmica Intertoto kupa izmedju OFK Beograda i estonske Narve prekinuta je u 1. poluvremenu.

Navijaci Rada sa Banjice, kluba koji je postao drugoligas nakon gola primljenog od OFK Beograda u poslednjem minutu susreta u, takodje, poslednjem kolu prvenstva, bacili su sa obliznjeg prozora, preko tribina, suzavac na teren.

Dejstvo suzavca bilo je toliko jako da je sudija, Skotlandjanin Robertson Brajnds, morao da prekine utakmicu. U ovom trenutku upravo traje vecanje izmedju sudije i delegata susreta da li ce mec biti nastavljen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 18:41
they just announced that the game will resume....geeez these fans from rad are morons

Red_Bandit
June 21st, 2003, 18:54
and its a good thing they did

OFK BEOGRAD 1-0

29th minute!!

:D :D :D

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 18:54
Where are you following the game man?

Red_Bandit
June 21st, 2003, 18:55
i just went to livescore.com and it has the intertoto scores

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 18:55
nevermind i got it!

www.livescore.com for anyone who is interested

Who scored?

Savo
June 21st, 2003, 19:01
When does Sutjestka play ? tommodrow ? :fero: :D

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 19:31
Well it says that Sapic scored in the 23rd minute. good so far
1-0 at halftime. i expected more from the "romanticari". Either way a win is a win.

Savo Sutjeska play tommorow in Luxembourg :tongue:

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 19:44
As i said before a win is a win.........
too bad its 1-1! :mad:
I can't believe that OFK are tied with these nobodies! We have to win some games in europe, even if its ofk and sutjeska to prove to everyone (even ourselves) that we aren't lethally horribly bad

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 19:48
OFK JUST striked back! Grubac in the 66th minute!

NICE GOING OFK! :)

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 19:55
its 3-1!!! OFK scored again...this time kolakovic in the 74th minute!

Come on boys...keep em coming...:) !

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 20:08
4-1 people!!! 90th minute. well this is a very good win in my opinion...i am only wondering how this team managed to score. either way OFK IS THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND!:cool:

90' OFK Belgrade [4 - 1] Trans Narva

23' [1 - 0] Stanic

59' [1 - 1] unknown

66' [2 - 1] Grubac

74' [3 - 1] Kolakovic

81' [4 - 1] Simic

ABC7
June 21st, 2003, 20:14
okay i know i'm talking to myself but....

its 6-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23' [1 - 0] Stanic
59' [1 - 1] Unknown
66' [2 - 1] Grubac
74' [3 - 1] Kolakovic
81' [4 - 1] Simic
89' [5 - 1] Stanic
90' [6 - 1] Simic

Great way to represent our country OFK...thank you boys:) :thumbsup:

Savo
June 21st, 2003, 20:42
Stop talking to youreself ! :)

6-1 ......... BRAVOOOOOOOOOOO OFK :D

deki94
June 21st, 2003, 20:57
YO, I saw it, 6--1 go OFK:D :devil: :fero:

Parni Valjak
June 22nd, 2003, 00:15
Congrats to OFK. :)

Žikz
June 22nd, 2003, 03:36
Samo takoo samo tako to me veseli !!!! :D

ABC7
June 22nd, 2003, 20:01
sutjeksa just won 3-0 against US Luxembourg...so far in the intertoto cup SCG's goal differntial is 9-1 from 2 games :D

NAPRED PLAVI TIMOVI!! lol;)

Andrix
June 23rd, 2003, 01:24
OFK Bg mi je uvek bio simpatican...moj tip je bio 6-0 za OFKB dakle nisam bio daleko....za Sutjesku sam mislio 4-0 a 3-0 mi je nekako malo za Luksemburzane...ipak mislim da Sutjeska ispada u 2. kolu a OFK Bg moze i do 3., pa i dalje.

mgrubi
June 23rd, 2003, 17:15
Odlicno za obadva tima

Parni Valjak
June 23rd, 2003, 22:41
Ocekivani rezultati.. Ali ipak ih prave utakmice cekaju u narednim rundama..

Parni Valjak
June 23rd, 2003, 22:44
Latest result from the Swedish league..

FT Djurgarden 0 - 2 Malmo FF

hehe, this certainly makes one more optimistic :)

oh and BTW, I just checked the standings.. Malmo were 5th heading into this match..

Komik
June 24th, 2003, 00:28
This is very good. I taped the game, but forgot to change a cable so I couldn't watch it, black picture on the recording tape... Irritating, I wanted to spy on Djurgården, :) but there will be more chances for that. The worst thing is I bought lots of candy for watchiing the game, so now I just ate everything up without enjoying a Djurgården beating by my favourite team in Sweden, Malmö FF.

Cracker
June 24th, 2003, 13:37
Hey, nice to see there's so many Partizan fans around here :excited:
I'm a DIF fan, and since we're up against each other in the CL qualifiers I thought I'd give you some info on my team :)

As Kezman said, we are (always have been IMO) better than Hammarby last year, but I read somewhere that Partizan has also improved from last year.

DIF is mainly a young squad, where the middle age is around 24 I think, but still we got lots of experience of playing abroad from last years UEFA cup where we got pretty far and where knocked out by Bordeaux.

Our keyplayers are:

Andreas Isaksson (goalie), only 21 years, was 3rd goalie in Juve when he was 18, very promising, but still has a lot to learn.

Kim Källström (midfielder) one of the most promising players in swedish football for a long time, great shoot and a divine passing and awesome freekicks.

Johan Elmander (striker) on loan from Feyenoord, unfortunatly this loan period is over in July, so I'm not sure whether he'll be playing against Partizan or not :sigh:

My opinion is that Partizan are favourite since the Serbian league is over all better, but I think we have a serious chance if we can keep the scores down in Belgrade.

And about Malmö, somehow we always lose to them at home and then we beat them away :wth:
And MFF are on a winning streak :crybaby:

Savo
June 24th, 2003, 17:42
Bad luck for OFK ..............

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/IntertotoCup/news/Kind=1/newsId=76858.html

Red_Bandit
June 24th, 2003, 19:00
Originally posted by Savo
Bad luck for OFK ..............

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/IntertotoCup/news/Kind=1/newsId=76858.html

what a bunch of bullshit. OFK Beograd could have had 3000 cops outside the stadium and it still wouldnt have made a difference. It takes 2 seconds at the most for the person who threw the canister, to take it out from the back of his pants(or wherever he hid it) and whip it into the stadium (since the walls are not so high). As long as the guy was like 20feet away from these 3000 cops, then there would be no way for them to stop it.

mgrubi
June 24th, 2003, 20:04
OFK unless they get a reversal has to score 4 goals away. Yea its bull but on the flipside it is completely stupid whether inside or outside the stadium that someone would throw that canister.

Andrix
June 24th, 2003, 20:42
That's total bs. Narva are being retards, I mean it's obvious that they were declassed 6-1. I mean c'mon, it affected their players but not OFK's? Idiocy. Oh well, OFK will win 6-1 again anyway but they should lodge a protest...

mgrubi
June 24th, 2003, 21:01
They should lodge the protest mainly because of the fine and then go an whoop that A$$ in Estonia

Parni Valjak
June 24th, 2003, 21:29
This is complete BS.. What else to say, OFK should just go into Estonia and destroy this team.. Actions speak louder than words..

Ben Akiba
June 24th, 2003, 22:57
It is not BS it is what it means following the book. If our team was exposed to a similar incident, you guys would be protesting loudly and asking for sanctions. It was a bad incident and should be sanctioned. If a club and a country cannot control people from doing stupid things, then they should take consequences. Throwing a tear gas in a public place is not a joke. One does not use tear gas to make jokes. Next time some frustrated nutcase may want to try out with a hand granade.

As far as the Estonian team and the refs, they were extremely fair willing to continue game under those circumastances.

OFK have to do it a hard way and hope they can win with a +4 goals difference.

mgrubi
June 24th, 2003, 23:52
Ben I agree with you regarding the Moron that did that. Although on the flipside they should have called teh game immediately and not played the remainder after the delay. It looks a little like sore losers. Does anyone have a link to a picture of OFK stadium It does interest me to see how it can be tossed from the street

Ben Akiba
June 25th, 2003, 00:40
I'd always go ahead with the game for the sake of players and of fans. It is like in the theatre show: "The show must go on". Otherwise, we and OFK would not have clue that those guys are easily beatable. In addition, it was a good practice for OFK since they haven't played in weeks.

Red_Bandit
June 25th, 2003, 00:47
Exactly mrgubi, the estonians waived their right to cry to UEFA after they decided to play again. If they called the game at that moment even after the 80minute break then i could understand why they went and cried. But they chose to play, they knew the consequences of playing after being exposed to the gas. And how is it that none of our players complained about the gas? how is it that only their goalie and their subs had breathing problems, yet none of OFK's did. Was the ball in OFK's half the whole time during this incident? How is OFK Beograd suppose to afford more security when they are being fined for not enough security?

im not sure if any of these pics are from OFK's stadium but there must be one or two pics where you can see that the walls are very low. Its not like the stadium is the same size as Real Madrids or AC Milans stadium.
http://www.tribina.co.yu/html/blueunion.html

Or you could check out www.partizan.co.yu and look under FK PARTIZAN and then on FOTO ARHIVA. then just look for when partizan played OFK and you will see some pictures of the stadium and see how easy it is for anyone to throw something in there.

Andrix
June 25th, 2003, 00:49
Ben I'm all for sanctioning foolishness, but registering a match 0-3 is a bit too much IMO. OFK have a responsibility as organizers and they should pay the fine for the incident, maybe get barred from having fans at it's next match (as far as I remember that's what Partizan suffered last season, not losing matches), but for Narva to argue that it's players' ability was somehow adversely affected while OFK's remained untouched to trounce them 6-1 is rather unfathomable.

Andrix
June 25th, 2003, 00:51
If our team was exposed to a similar incident, you guys would be protesting loudly and asking for sanctions.

Well, if Partizan had gotten trounced 6-1 by some team, I would cover myself up in shame...but ok...

Ben Akiba
June 25th, 2003, 00:57
OFK did not provide evidence that would contradict Narva's claim. They were either unprepared to provide such a piece of evidence in their own defense or they had no such evidence. Second, if UEFA rules sanction this type of situation with forfeit, then it is 0-3 for Narva, period. There is no reason to make exception in this case. At this point, OFK should a) try to do their best and appeal the decision with supplying enough evidence that may make the UEFA people reconsider the decision, and b) prepare their team to win with +4 goals difference.

Ben Akiba
June 25th, 2003, 01:02
You probably have been looking for such a cover for a while (but could not find one that is deep enough) since -5 was the number which marked P-zans European ventures in recent years.

Parni Valjak
June 25th, 2003, 01:15
Originally posted by Ben Akiba
You probably have been looking for such a cover for a while (but could not find one that is deep enough) since -5 was the number which marked P-zans European ventures in recent years.

While Red Star have been sweeping trophies away both domestically and in Europe ?.. Oh, guess not :D

+ 19, to je vasa realnost :dielaugh:

red star forever
June 25th, 2003, 01:27
Andrija, you're gonna need a biiig blanket to cover up. :D

Anyway, this is a shame, but not a disgrace, as Ben said - things like that shouldn't happen on football stadiums. However, I still hope and believe OFK can make up for it over there (unless the Estonians decide to play with 11 players in their penalty box :rolleyes: )...

RedStarFanatic
June 25th, 2003, 02:28
fu*k bro, this uefa hate serbian clubs and they would do anything to stop them from geting some pride in europe. Anyways, it's gonna be hard to win in estonia.
It seems like Sutjeska is gonna be a bigger achiever than OFK
:)

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 03:38
they gave them +8 goalz 6-9 thatz 0-3

U just can be happy 10 dayz in the row there alwayz has 2 be some bs in our soccer :mad:

Give the poor c**tz 0-3 becouse OFK is goin to beat the 0-10 mAjT ;) If there was 20 min more in the last game OFK would of scored at least 5 more goalz their started scorin fast

81' [4 - 1] Simic

89' [5 - 1] Stanic

90' [6 - 1] Simic

:fero:

Ben Akiba
June 25th, 2003, 03:47
This idea that UEFA hates Serbian clubs seems to be the only way that Serbian clubs may look important these days. The reality is quite opposite. There are no reason to hate nor to love Serbian clubs. They are not attractive to watch, they have no more good players to offer, and by October they are usually gone out of the competitions which UEFA sponsor. By November everyone in Europe who follows UEFA football forgets that there is a place named Serbia where people are playing football. In fact, even Serbian fans forget that there is football in Serbia. So, if you want, keep "f..king" UEFA as much as you like, but it sounds like the joke about moskito who bragged that he f**ked an elephant (and none is going to watch that sex anyway).

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 04:25
Kako ti to objasni mi ne trebamo nista ni da pokusavamo samo trebamo da legnemo i da damo svima da nas pogazaju kolko god mogu :rolleyes:

Ben Akiba
June 25th, 2003, 04:50
Ima jedna srpska poslovica koja kaze: "Kada je narod siromasan, gace mu same spadaju." Mislimda si razumeo poruku.

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 05:06
:) :) :)

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 05:07
Znam sta mislis i to je istinito jer je nas fudbal je mnogo pao dole zbog ratova i ostali pizdarija. Sad je vreme da se pravo pokazemo

Za sad ovako sve izgleda :

Partizan mozda u ligu sampiona

Zvezda ide dalje u Uefa cup

Sartid trebao bi da ide dalje u Uefa Cup

OFK moze dalje u Intertoto cup

Sutjecka ide dalje u Intertoto Cup

to znaci 2 se zna da idu a za tri treba da se vidi

Nije lose !!!!!

Jedino pitanje je dokle ce dogurati ?

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 05:15
Znam sta mislis i to je istinito jer je nas fudbal je mnogo pao dole zbog ratova i ostali pizdarija. Sad je vreme da se pravo pokazemo ;)

Za sad ovako sve izgleda :

Partizan mozda u ligu sampiona

Zvezda ide dalje u Uefa cup

Sartid trebao bi da ide dalje u Uefa Cup

OFK moze dalje u Intertoto cup

Sutjecka ide dalje u Intertoto Cup

to znaci 2 se zna da idu a za tri treba da se vidi ;)

Nije lose !!!!!

Jedino pitanje je dokle ce dogurati ?

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 05:16
what a hell how did i post 2 same postz

Žikz
June 25th, 2003, 05:42
Sartid sort it with Dostanic

Ratko Dostanic has been named the new coach of Serbo-Montenegrin Cup winners FK Sartid.

European challenge
Dostanic, who led FK Obilic to a seventh-placed finish in Serbia and Montenegro last season, said he was looking forward to the challenge of competing in Europe. Sartid will face Bosnia-Herzegovnian Cup winners FK Sarajevo in the UEFA Cup qualifying round in August.

'An organised club'
"Participation in Europe was decisive when it came to choosing Sartid," he said. "They are an organised club playing for the second consecutive season in the UEFA Cup."

Domestic ambitions
The 43-year-old - a former assistant to Slavoljub Muslin at FK Crvena Zvezda and PFC Levski Sofia - was also looking forward to the challenge of making Sartid competitive on the home front. "I am convinced it is time that some other clubs got into the title mix with Crvena Zvezda and [FK] Partizan."

"http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=76796.html"

Red_Bandit
June 25th, 2003, 09:00
http://www.partizan.co.yu/fotoalbum/2003/05_maj/4144.jpg

http://www.partizan.co.yu/fotoalbum/2003/05_maj/4145.jpg

http://www.partizan.co.yu/fotoalbum/2003/05_maj/4127.jpg

http://www.partizan.co.yu/fotoalbum/2003/05_maj/4131.jpg

http://www.partizan.co.yu/fotoalbum/2003/05_maj/4132.jpg

Here is some pictures of OFK Beograds stadium. Partizan played OFK on May 10th 2003 for those of you who cant view the site.
Here is the link to the rest of the pics.
http://www.partizan.co.yu/fidetail.php?Jezik=sr&ID_IzvIzv=185

has anyone seen pics of the CS Gas in the stadium? Is it clear or does it explode in smoke form? How big was this cannister that was thrown? How potent is this CS Gas when exposed in open air? I skimmed through an article saying that someone in england sprayed the stuff in a club and the people in the club suffered the same effects as the estonians (vommiting and shorntess of breath) but if its more potent in a closed setting like a club than i can understand, but out in the open what would be the effects? Im not condoning the act, but there is no way that OFK Beograd can be blamed for this and have the results overturned. If players were feeling ill then they could have stopped the match immediately since thats how quickly it takes for the gas to do its damage. Like I said it takes about 2 seconds for someone to pull this cannister out of their bag or jacket or whatever and throw it in the stadium, and its not like this stadium is isolated, no, its got many buildings and houses around it. is OFK suppose to have snipers on the rooftops of these buildings to shoot down any possible terrorist suspects that want to ruin the important Intertoto cup championship? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Krle
June 25th, 2003, 13:06
Some very relevant questions RB, but although some might not agree OFK's been screwed over. I have to agree with Andrija here, ban them from having a homecrowd for their next match but dont take away a 6-1 win! :mad:

I hope OFK's players will now be 3 times as motivated as they were before the first leg and go out on that pitch and simpoly destroy their opponents.

Good luck OFK!

mgrubi
June 25th, 2003, 18:05
Well they have until Friday to appeal the ruling. The first thing they should go for is the fine. and use that money to build a higher fence around the exposed areas of the stadium. The 2nd thing as Ben said is prepare the argument and present it in a way that will hopefully justify their case.

Whether the above fails or not the next step should be to go to Estonia and win by a minimum of 5-0. Based on what they did in the last 20 minutes of the game I think they have the ability to do that at a minimum.

You know every time I see some of the stadiums that our teams play in they look like they should be in a 2nd division. It seems to me that tehe FA needs to look into some serious upgrades thoroughout the country. Obviously the country is not financially fit to do so at the moment but it has to be looked into over the nest few years.

Parni Valjak
June 25th, 2003, 21:16
If these Estonians were affected so badly then why did they continue the match after an 80 minute break ? The officials got the go-ahead from UEFA representatives to continue the match and it resumed.. Now after they were embarrassed they are crying and begging for a default win ? Not sportsmanlike at all.. But, either way OFK will eliminate them so it doesn't matter much anyways.. :rolleyes:

Parni Valjak
June 25th, 2003, 21:52
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/News/Kind=1/newsId=77068.html

Djurgården lose duo
Wednesday, 25 June 2003
Feyenoord are to bring Johan Elmander back from Djurgårdens IF after a year-long loan in Sweden.

Positive switch
The Swedish striker will return to Rotterdam after scoring eleven goals in 18 matches for the Allsvenskan champions. Feyenoord technical director Rob Baan said: "I can now see a player with improved confidence, who has been scoring regularly in a league of relatively high quality. Johan needed this and we'll benefit from it as well."

Time to go
Elmander will play his last game for Djurgården in the upcoming derby against Hammarby on Monday, and will be gone by the time of their UEFA Champions League first qualifying-round tie against FK Partizan next month. It is likely Feyenoord will give him the chance to show his worth during pre-season training. Should he fail to make an impact he might return to the Swedish side or be sold to another club

I didn't know anything about this and it's really disappointing

Sören Åkeby

Coaches dismayed
The 22-year-old Elmander's departure means the loss of a valuable asset for Djurgården coaches Sören Åkeby and Zoran Lucic. "I didn't know anything about this and it's really disappointing," said Åkeby. "Johan has been a huge success here and has given us a new dimension in the way we play. Now we'll have to sit down and weigh up our alternatives."

Dorsin departure
Elmander is not the only player departing after chairman Bo Lundqvist revealed that 22-year old defender Mikael Dorsin will leave the club on 1 July. Dorsin, a Swedish Under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with French side RC Strasbourg.

'A huge chance'
"Mikael is Djurgården through and through and he's on the brink of the Swedish national side," Lundqvist said. "Of course it is sad when a player like that leaves the club, but we accept that Mikael wants to develop himself as a player and can only wish him good luck." Dorsin himself added: "This is a huge chance that I can't miss out on. I've enjoyed my time at Djurgården and hope to be back one day."

Also Kallstrom is most likely leaving to Man UTD.. Which would mean that they would have lost their three best players :D Suddenly, I am feeling VERY optimistic again :)

ABC7
June 25th, 2003, 21:56
This is great news! so third round here we come! especially since they lost 2-0 at home to Malme (?) with their "good" players. imagine without these "good players" LOL ....;)

Parni Valjak
June 25th, 2003, 22:32
Well I think that either way we would have been the favourites.. It's unfortunate for them to lose their best players right before the qualifiers (now they know how we feel almost every year).. This makes our road to the CL much easier and gives us more time for potential transfers (IMO no need to rush anymore with new players for the first leg.. We can now take things slower and more patiently)..

Komik
June 26th, 2003, 00:38
Losing Elmander is a huge blow for them. Now they really need a good replacement striker, because we won't have problems stoppng the current 2nd and 3rd strikers. Elmander wasn't playing aginst Malmö by the way.

Dorsin leaving makes their defence much weaker, he is a left defender who has improved a lot this season, but fortunately, we won't meet him this time.

Källström leaving is only rumours except the loan bid from Empoli, whick Djurgården won't accept, so I wouldn't start celebrating his deperture yet.

Now they have Isaksson, Wowoah, Stefanidis, Johansson and Arneng as "quality" players left if also KÄllström leaves.
We were favourites before, but now we are even bigger favourites.

Parni Valjak
June 26th, 2003, 09:30
I like how you used the quotation marks when you wrote the word "quality" because those players you listed are not good enough to knock us out. Don't get me wrong, Partizan aren't a world power or a very dominating side (well in Serbia we are :D) but we obviously have more quality and depth than the Swedes (ecspecially now)..

Did you guys hear anything about Chamot coming to PFC ? Supposedly the deal is all but wrapped up.. Then again, Toriccelli, Moldovan, and some other were also close to us but nothing happened in the end :rolleyes: What is still going on with Djordjevic ? Is Binic just waiting till the very last day to sell him until RS make an offer or what ? This is a joke, we have been linked with him since January, and pretty much had him signed a long time ago.. Now our neighbours get involved and Obilic is being slow with their response.. Ahh so typical..

ABC7
June 26th, 2003, 16:41
Is Chamot the old dude that used to play for AC Milan?

Parni Valjak
June 26th, 2003, 17:41
14:06 FUD Bjekovich: Partizan pregovara sa Argentincem CCamotom
SPORTSERVIS Bjekovich: Partizan pregovara sa Argentincem CCamotom
Direktor Partizana Nenad Bjekovich potvrdio je za sutrassnju broj lista Balkan da je uprava crno-belih u ozbiljnim pregovorima sa iskusnim argentinskim odbrambenim fudbalerom Hoze Antoniom CCamotom, koji je prossle sezone odigrao svega dva mecca za evropskog ssampiona Milan.
Uspostavljeni su prvi kontakti i naredni dani bi trebalo bi da pokazzu kako che se pregovori odvijati. Pored Partizana, za CCamota je zainteresovana i Parma.
"Istina je, pregovaramo sa Argentincem CCamotom. Uspostavili smo kontakt sa njegovim menadzzerom i u narednim danima chemo videti da li je sjajni sstoper spreman da pristane na nasse uslove. Prema prvim saznanjima iz Italije, on che sigurno napustiti Milan i imache status slobodnog igracca, ssto nama savrsseno odgovara. Razgovarali smo sa Mateusom i on smatra da bismo imali neprobojnu odbranu sa CCamotom, Vestom i Djordjevichem" rekao je Nenad Bjekovich.
Prelazni rok traje do 20. jula, a u igri za dres Partizana su i Nenad Djordjevich iz Obilicha, Nemac Tomas Hesler i reprezentativac Zoran Mirkovich.
"Nenad Djordjevich je nassa velika zzelja i svaki dan pregovaramo sa ljudima iz Obilicha. Verujem da chemo uspeti da prona|emo zajedniccki jezik i dovedemo ga u Humsku. Imponuje nam ssto Djordjevich odmalena navija za Partizan i ssto bi se lako uklopio u koncepciju trenera Mateusa. Odustali smo od Heslera, possto on ima druge planove, a oni su vezani za neke arapske zemlje. Sa Batom Mirkovichem nam predstoje razgovori, ali on ima finansijski jacce ponude iz SSkotske" zakljuccio je Nenad Bjekovich.

Josè Antonio Chamot (http://images.soccerage.com/61176.jpg)
Milan

birth date: 5/17/1969
birth place: Concepcion (Uruguay)
birth Nation: Argentina
Height: 185
Weight: 78
nationality: Argentina
Position: Defender

Red_Bandit
June 26th, 2003, 22:44
Im just reading the rules and regulations about the UEFA Intertoto Cup.

In Article 7 (Refusal to play, matches abandoned or not played through the fault of a club) section 7.05 cleary states....

If, through the fault of a club, a match cannot take place or cannot be played in full, the Control and Disciplinary Body shall declare the match forfeited and/or disqualify the club concerned from the competiton

and then 7.06 states....

Exceptionally, the Control and Disciplinary Body can validate the result as it stood at the moment when the match was abandoned if the match result was to the detriment of the team of the club responsible in accordance with paragraph 3.04 of the present regulations.

3.04 (Responsabilities) just says...

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf

Article 10 (Unfit fields of play, bad weather) paragraph 10.05 (reasons beyond control) states...

If the match cannot commence or is abandonded before the end of the normal time or during any extra time for reasons beyond control, a 90-minute replay must in principle be played on a new date set by UEFA Administration. This decision is final.

Ok through the fault of OFK not having enough security outside :rolleyes: a cannister was thrown in the stadium. the match was suspended after 23 minutes when the score was 0-0. which means the Control and Disciplinary Body could have stopped the match at this score but it did not benefit Trans Narva. If the score was 1-0 for Trans then the Body could have stepped in and awarded Trans the victory. Now maybe i missed something in my readings, but nowhere did i see UEFA overturning a match result and awarding the complaining team 3-0 victory. As paragraph 7.05 says, if the match can not be completed than the CDB can step in and forfeit the match in favour of Trans. As paragraph 3.04 states OFK Beograd is responsible for its supporters. It does not mention people outside the stadium. Considering that the stadium is situated in the middle of residential/industrial area, how is it OFK Beograds responsibilty to have security inbetween streets and alleys around the stadium? And of course, as 10.05 says, if the match can not commence or be completed for reasons beyond control, a 90 minute replay must be played on a new date. But since this match did commence and it was completed, then i see no grounds for UEFA to be disqualifying OFK Beograds 6-1 victory.

The CBD said in the report from uefa.com ....

It added that it was a "stroke of luck" that no further players, officials or spectators were affected by the gas.

how is it that none of the fans, ofk beograd players and referee assistants who are on the same sideline as the Trans subsitutes not be affected by this gas?

Im not claiming to be a lawyer or an expert on interpretting rules and regulations, but i do not see any grounds for Trans to protest the match. Article 21 paragraph 21.02 mentions that the opposing captain has to notify the referee and OFK's captain of the unsuitable conditions of the field. So everyone left the field and the matter was taken care of, 80 minutes passed so that the gas can disperse and now both captains and the officials had to agree to continue the game and that the pitch was decent. Did they not do this?

the intertoto cup rules and regulations pdf and website where you can get what i read from.

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19069.pdf

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/IntertotoCup/CompetitionInfo/index,newsId=28036.html

Ben Akiba
June 27th, 2003, 03:03
Red Bandit,

You've clearly did better search about the rules than did OFK's management. They should be prepaired for something like that, prepare enough evidence to support their cause and send it promptly to the UEFA even before the rulling on this game was made.

I'm not a lawyer, but the "gray area" is regarding "behavior of supporters etc...." One can argue that since the OFK stadium is within a close proximity of a residential area, than the club is responsible to provide security against any kind of disruption or violation that may come from the residential area. Otherwise, that stadium is not fit for the UEFA sponsored games.

ABC7
June 27th, 2003, 18:26
Komisija za zalbe UEFE odlucila je da uvazi zalbu OFK Beograda i da ponisti prvu utakmicu koja je odigrana proslog vikenda u Beogradu.

Well at least they will be going to the second round now:)

Parni Valjak
June 27th, 2003, 20:40
Now that's a much more fair and correct decision :)

Krle
June 27th, 2003, 20:50
Indeed it is! This way they'll at least have a much clearer shot at advancing to the next round and with the teams Sutjeska can get in later stages I was hoping OFK would go the distance.

Parni Valjak
June 29th, 2003, 16:41
2-2 so far, in the 41st minute..:rolleyes:

Parni Valjak
June 29th, 2003, 16:56
3-2 for the Estonians at the half..This was unexpected, did OFK just take them too lightly (afterall they let Stanic, one of their better players, not go to Estonia because of his sister's wedding) ?

Savo
June 29th, 2003, 18:11
3-3 ..... Game Over ......... We go on because of the Away goal rules right ? :) :D :cool:

Savo
June 29th, 2003, 18:14
1-0 for Sutjestka ........ 55 mnutes

Parni Valjak
June 29th, 2003, 18:30
5-3 for OFK after extra time.. We can breath a big sigh of relief now.. Sutjeska are also going through :)

Ben Akiba
June 29th, 2003, 19:38
.. We can breath a big sigh of relief now..
Just curious, Valjak, is this a phrase or you mean it? I had no problems breathing at all because of OFK and Sutjeska.

These games just showd that the difference in quality between our 3rd and 4th teams and their counterparts from Estonia and Luxemburg isn't that huge. OFK had game on the line and had to fight in the overtime. The point is that even in the first games, both OFK and Sutjeska secured their victories in the last quarter of their games. Before that, the games and scores were pretty even.

I wish Zvezda and P-zan could play in the Intertoto since they could go all the way to the finals. Starting with 1/4 finals, Intertoto has some decent European sides which could be real test for both Zvezda and P-zan and could bring decent crowd to the stadiums. The CL and the UEFA Cup are too strong challenges for these clubs.

BTW, Sutjeska did not win in Luxemburg, they tied 1-1.

Troy
June 29th, 2003, 20:46
So welcome to Tampere guys...

It`s gonna be Tampere-Sutjeska this sunday!

So tell me guys what kind of team are this Sutjeska? How they play, who are the ones to watch?

Ben Akiba
June 29th, 2003, 21:59
There is nothing to say about Sutjeska. It is a typical S&M club that play some antique version of football. Solid at home and bad away is basically all you can say about Sutjeska. Their strenght is that they play together long time. I don't think even their fans know what player there is worth of watching. Mybe Ivan Boskovic, a forward, is somewhat more intresting player than the rest of the lot.

I don't know about Tampere, but if they play any kind of more modern, fast and atletic style of football, they'd have no problem to advance. That is my prediction for the 2nd round.

ABC7
June 29th, 2003, 22:59
There is nothing to say about Sutjeska. It is a typical S&M club that play some antique version of football. Solid at home and bad away is basically all you can say about Sutjeska. Their strenght is that they play together long time. I don't think even their fans know what player there is worth of watching. Mybe Ivan Boskovic, a forward, is somewhat more intresting player than the rest of the lot.

I don't know about Tampere, but if they play any kind of more modern, fast and atletic style of football, they'd have no problem to advance. That is my prediction for the 2nd round.

lol ben. u really dont have any respect for out football right now. that is EXACTLY what my dad was telling me 2 hours ago lol.....the classic "in the 60s we weren't scared of anybody now we cant beat wales and finland" lol....i agree tho that sutjeska doesn't have that big of a chance advancing:(

Ben Akiba
June 29th, 2003, 23:46
OFK and Sutjeska are going to face far stronger clubs in the next round than they had in the round 1. Sutjeska's opponent Tampere is comming from a country whose NT has humiliated our NT less than a month ago. Finnish clubs are far from being an European powerhouse or a 2nd tier clubs, but they are good enough to beat our clubs since they seem to play much more moder style of football than we do. Unless I were a fan of either clubs, I wouldn't bother to watch the game. The "Livescore" will probably provide more than necessary information about that game.

OFK will face a team, Synot, that comecs from a country which is well ahead of our country when it comes to football. Their NT is very solid and strong team and a force to rackon with. Their league is waker, but not as weak as our league. The fact that their 2nd club Slavia trashed our top club last year tells much of the difference between their and our football. Synot is a middle of the table Czech club but when it comes to our middle of the table clubs, clubs they are probably a powerhouse. They will playe their style, tough and no respect for the opponent, and probably have a player or two that will be fun to watch. OFK will have hard time to eliminate Synot, but it could be fun to go and see the game, especially since OFK playes "dza-bu" style of football, and summer weekend afternoon at Karaburma may be a pleasant experience considering the proximity of the Danube river and the Zvezdara hill. Unfortunately, OFK have record of playing well only against weak clubs. Against any stronger club they choke.

ABC7
June 30th, 2003, 00:22

Their league is waker, but not as weak as our league. The fact that their 2nd club Slavia trashed our top club last year tells much of the difference between their and our football. .

They didn't shatter us. we outplayed them in belgrade and won 3-1. In prague it was 3-1 at the end of regular time and we let in another 2 goals in extra time cuz we had a defender sent off and tumba had used all his substitutions. so 6-4 aggregate is not thrashing ben. but yes they outplayed us in that game i agree. And yes i agree that OFK will lose:(.

RedStarFanatic
June 30th, 2003, 01:14
u can talk whatever u want but i'm compfortable that both of our teams r gona get through the 3rd round. We r not talking about national sides here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we r talking about CLUBS!!!!!!!! finish clubs su*ck, sutjeska will hammer them so bad, and Synot??? - sh*t club, OFK should put at least 3 goals past them in belgrade!
I hate people that r being pesimists about our football and our clubs, i agree that our natinal team is fu*ked up to the max, but our club football is geting stronger and stronger !!!!!!!

Andrix
June 30th, 2003, 01:45
RSFanatic, calm down.

As for Sutjeska, from the beginning I had thought they would go no further than round 2. OFK, I think, can go farther.

especially since OFK playes "dza-bu" style of football

"Dza-bu" :D :D :D

Ben Akiba
June 30th, 2003, 01:58
What is going on Down-Under? A periodic rush of blood in the head, full Moon, or the reversed Coriolis effect? What a fulgurant display of temper.

ABC7
June 30th, 2003, 02:06
What is going on Down-Under? A periodic rush of blood in the head, full Moon, or the reversed Coriolis effect? What a fulgurant display of temper.

hahhahahhahahhahahaha:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thepretender
June 30th, 2003, 12:36
congrats to ofk, a spectacular win away. it's a shame for sutjeska but we cannot expect too much from such a club. drawing with such a weak team is really a huge blow. ofk can make something i think. they look unpredictable.

Andrix
June 30th, 2003, 15:19
Sutjeska is looking a lot like Napredak a few seasons back. Granted, Napredak had gotten into the UEFA Cup courtesy of being a defeated 2nd-division Cup finalist at the hands of double crowner Zvezda, had only got promoted that season and relegated right away the next, while Sutjeska has been a standard 1st-division side for a while now and has this season wiggled into 4th place just in the last minute, but still keep in mind what happened with the club from Krusevac. In the qualifying round they met Tulevik (I think) from Estonia (the coach's pregame comment was "we know nothing about our opponnent") whom they defeated 5-1 in Krusevac but then managed only a 1-1 draw away. In round 1, they met OFI (at the time the last placed team in the Greek league) whom they drew 0-0 at home but got royally embarassed 0-6 away. Now mind you this was OFI Crete, not even an Iraklis or PAOK, let alone an AEK or Olympiakos. So it is very possible that a midtable Finnish side can defeat or even demolish Sutjeska, who is realistically somewhere 6-10th place in our league (them getting 4th was something of a sensation).

mgrubi
July 1st, 2003, 00:33
Lets just hope for the best.

Raparperipiiras
July 1st, 2003, 12:48
Last year in Intertoto a team called Haka from very near to Tampere won Obilic and now TamU plays against Sutjeska. I would like to know, is there a big difference between these serbian sides?
Does anyone know if any Sutjeska fans are coming to Tampere?

monte
July 1st, 2003, 13:17
I dont think many fans will come, although it's worth while, Tampere is great :cool:

I really couldn't help you very much with your first question, I can only say that both Obilic and Sutjeska aren't really impressive nowadays but they're not extremely bad either.

RedStarFanatic
July 1st, 2003, 13:52
sutjeska is much stronger than obilic, their passing skills are great, defending is pretty good, and they are really competitive side, they proved this by finishing 4th in serbo-montenegrian league. i thing it should be a good game between Temp. Unit. and sutjeska, although they don't have travelling fans, but home they r gonna have really good support!

RedStarFanatic
July 3rd, 2003, 02:24
boys, did u know that if sutjeska gets past this Temp. Utd, they would play cro club Cibalia Vinkovci :), and if OFK gets past Synot they would play against germans, Wolfsburg :(, now u see that sutjeska has much better chance of progressing to the 4th round

Andrix
July 3rd, 2003, 02:34
sutjeska is much stronger than obilic

Well, no, I wouldn't say so...

Savo
July 3rd, 2003, 05:26
Sutjestka can beat Obilic i think ....... Sutjestka are a better club then some of the ppl who say its crap on this forum ... We will see how they do :) :cool:

Žikz
July 3rd, 2003, 08:56
Ma idemo dalje jaci smo od sudbine :D ;)
Mugu samo da nam p**e oni sto nas nevole :ass:

:cool:

Krle
July 3rd, 2003, 12:41
I'd rate Sutjeska over Obilic anyday, their attack alone is one of the best in the Serbian league currently with our U21 duo of Boskovic and Radonjic.

I expect Sutjeska to at least give the fins a run for their money and OFK should go through to the next round.

Good luck to both teams!

Red_Bandit
July 6th, 2003, 00:36
tommorow Sutjetska and OFK Beograd play their intertoto cup 2nd round first leg matches. DOes anyone know if either of their games will be playing on RTS tv or pink plus tv? my mo bought a satellite the other day and those are the two serbian stations we get.

Savo
July 6th, 2003, 00:39
Might be on .. Just keep checking every hour or so .. But the game will be tracked on Livescore ... Good Luck to Sutjestka and OFK for tommorows matches ;) :cool: :tongue:

Borba
July 6th, 2003, 17:26
Synot St. Mesto (Cze) 0 - 0 OFK Belgrade
its currently the 23rd minute.

Borba
July 6th, 2003, 18:00
Half Time: Synot St. Mesto (Cze) 0 - 0 OFK Belgrade
So far things are looking good :)
Lets hope they keep it up.

Red_Bandit
July 6th, 2003, 18:20
:(

Synot 1-0 OFK Beograd

62nd minute

Savo
July 6th, 2003, 18:30
Sutjestka is also playing now ;) ... score is 0-0 so far

Borba
July 6th, 2003, 18:57
Full Time: Synot St. Mesto (Cze) 1 - 0 OFK Belgrade

Not a great result by any stretch of the imagination but theres still something to play for in Beograd. What position did the Czech team finish in the league?

Red_Bandit
July 6th, 2003, 18:58
Synot 1-0 OFK
54' [1 - 0] Trishovic (o.g.)

damn own goal :(

Half time: Tampere United (Fin) 0 - 0 Sutjeska Niksic

livescore.com

Savo
July 6th, 2003, 20:22
Sutjestka game ended in a draw .. OFK lost 1-0 ... good luck in the next leg !!! ;) :tongue: :)

RedStarFanatic
July 7th, 2003, 02:21
Sutjeska has a good chance of going through, i don't know about OFK, they don't look too impressive, maybe they could win in belgrade, but i'm affraid that the game will be interuptted by Rad's fans again, good luck to them !

Krle
July 7th, 2003, 12:12
Both are still in the race, I'm of the opinion OFK plays much better on their homeground so I expect them to go through, 2/3-0 will do just fine. As for Sutjeska, a draw is out of the question so they too will have to go for the win and with their attack they should make it through as well.

Raparperipiiras
July 10th, 2003, 21:45
Tampere United smashed FC Jokerit 5-0 tonight!!! Watch out Sutjeska.

And we were still missing our star, Finland international Jari Niemi (injured and didn't play against Sutjeska). He might be in full condition on next sunday in Niksic.

What comes to the match on last sunday; I've never seen so boring tactic Sutjeska had. Even Italian clubs don't play so boringly. And some of sutjeska players treated TamU-players about Serbian mafia!

By the way, Sutjeskas only forward in Tampere, Ivan Boskovic (serbian u-21 international???), got a yellow card. Do you know is he banned in the next game?
The same idiot played DEAD in the second half, it took about 5min. before he got up. And mr referee didn't even give him 2nd yellow card...

Mihajlovic
July 10th, 2003, 21:51
Originally posted by Raparperipiiras

And we were still missing our star, Finland international Jari Niemi (injured and didn't play against Sutjeska). He might be in full condition on next sunday in Niksic.

What comes to the match on last sunday; I've never seen so boring tactic Sutjeska had. Even Italian clubs don't play so boringly. And some of sutjeska players treated TamU-players about Serbian mafia!

By the way, Sutjeskas only forward in Tampere, Ivan Boskovic (serbian u-21 international???), got a yellow card. Do you know is he banned in the next game?
The same idiot played DEAD in the second half, it took about 5min. before he got up. And mr referee didn't even give him 2nd yellow card...

Sorry brother, I'm having a tough time understanding this post. You are accusing Sutjeska of being mafia (?!?!) affiliated, playing boring, being dead and idiotic ? Is there anything more you'd like to add ?

Savo
July 10th, 2003, 22:21
Hehehehehehehe :D :D :D

RedStarFanatic
July 11th, 2003, 03:01
Sutjeska is gonna trash you in Niksic my friend, that's all i have to say :) They cant loose coz serbian mafia is gonna step in hahaha,
what a joke ! :)

Savo
July 11th, 2003, 03:06
Mafia goes on the field if Sutjestka are losing by 2 goals ... they jump the other teams players and tell them to forfeit .. and Sutjestka wins ;) :D

Krle
July 11th, 2003, 13:59

C'mon man, how old are you? :rolleyes:

mgrubi
July 11th, 2003, 16:11
Wow comes on the board with both barrels firing but too bad it is a bunch of crap. This guy should come in with something inteligent regarding his team instead it is the MAFIA that wins games.

Borba
July 11th, 2003, 16:56

The mafia dont win the game you idiot, they sell your players cigarettes after the match. :D

Red_Bandit
July 12th, 2003, 00:28
07/11/2003. Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg have reached a deal with River Plate to sign former Barcelona target Andres D'Alessandro.

Wolfsburg manager Peter Pander and financial director Wolfgang Hotze met River Plate's president and the player's representatives in Buenos Aires to reach a deal.

The Argentine international is yet to agree personal terms, but is expected to agree a move to Germany for a reported £6m.

Young forward Gaston Fernandez and another youngster will also join Wolfsburg on loan as part of the deal as River Plate recoup some much needed cash as they feel the effect of the financial crisis currently crippling Argentina.

www.soccerage.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of the top teams were after this guy (barca, real, juventus etc.) If they advance to the next round and if OFK advance to the next round too, then we would be facing them. Or is it too late for him to be able to play for Wolfsburg in the Intertoto cup? He is a very gifted player and would make it very difficult for OFK to advance.

ps. Rapprmasterpiiras why would the serbian mafia even care about a 5th class team from norway? It would cost more for them to hire guys to take out your players than they would win if Sutjeska was to win the whole intertoto cup :P come on now dont be silly and say stuff like that. If that was the case then UEFA would have already known about it and would be investigating and putting sanctions on Sutjeska for comments like that.

Mare
July 12th, 2003, 00:37
Is Dusan Petkovic still playing at Wolfsburg ?

Red_Bandit
July 12th, 2003, 00:39
not that i see on any of these sites

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/IntertotoCup/Clubs/Club=64332/index.html

http://www.soccerage.com/en/02/02094.html

RedStarFanatic
July 12th, 2003, 02:06
Dusan Petkovic plays for nurnberg, together with dejan belic, and milorad popovic, they are relegated to german second division

Ben Akiba
July 12th, 2003, 06:34
In the 2nd round Intertoto Cup, our clubs Sutjeska and OFK Beograd have moderate to very good chances to advance to the 3rd round. Sutjeska, which surprised with a good 0-0 since they traditionally do not do well away from home (although they did played strictly defensive game in Tampere), have a better chance to advance to the next round. They are strong at home and very few teams from our league had taken 3 points away from Niksic in the recent years. OFK, on the other hand, somewhat dissapointed with the 0-1 loss in Stare Mesto, being that Synot played almost entire 2nd half with a man down, and were even able to score the winning goal in that period. It will be tough game for OFK and to score 2 goals and concede none in the regular time against solid Synot win. However, if OFK win, they will most likely face Wofsburg which is a real challenge and will bring fans to the Karaburma stadium. With a proper media coverage, and reasonable ticket prices, OFK may have 10000-12000 fans in that game, which will be their record high for the past decade.

Red_Bandit
July 12th, 2003, 17:56
OFK Beograd 1 - 0 Synot 25minute

14' Kolakovic

Krle
July 12th, 2003, 17:58
:cool:

Red_Bandit
July 12th, 2003, 18:10
1-1 :( 39th minute :(

Komik
July 12th, 2003, 18:13
Not good, now with the away goal, thigs look really bad, but they have nothing to loose now so attack!

Ben Akiba
July 12th, 2003, 18:40
It ain't over till its over. Currently OFK lead 2-1. It will be do or die for the 3rd goal.

Red_Bandit
July 12th, 2003, 18:44
:(:(:(:(

2-2

56minute

Ben Akiba
July 12th, 2003, 19:02
OFK are finished, Synot scored again, 2-3. Clearly, OFK have problems with the defense. In 4 games they conceded 8 goals, despite the fact that they scored 13.

Žikz
July 12th, 2003, 19:23
This is not good newz at all :mad:

The game is not finished yet,dont forgget we hav mafia on our side :tongue: :howler:

Ben Akiba
July 12th, 2003, 19:41
The final score is 3-3. The chance to advance in the 3rd round was missed a week ago, in Stare Mesto.

Red_Bandit
July 13th, 2003, 00:00
:( congrats to OFK for making it this far. I am sure if they can keep this team together for next year and sign or trade for some decent defenders then they will have a better shot to make it into the next round or even better make it into the UEFA cup (where they should have been had it not been for Sartid winning the Serbian cup)

:(

Ben Akiba
July 13th, 2003, 00:12
Sorry, but I don't see too much place for congratulations. OFK displayed an extremely poor defensive and tactical play and that are reasons why they are out. If you score at home 3 goals and still cannot qualify for teh next round, it tells you that the team's defense and tactics are very bad. The excuses about the lack of "international experience" is not valied. Their opponent were equally inexperienced. Synot probably played their first competative international game in years.

The bottom line is that the #3 team in our country has no clue how to get positive result and how to maintain favorable score once they attain it. Back to the first grade and learn basics of team tactics and defense.

RedStarFanatic
July 13th, 2003, 02:06
oh well, OFK can score but they defend that's their problem, it's a big disappointment, let's hope sutjeska does better and if they win, they are to play Cibalia of Croatia :)

RedStarFanatic
July 13th, 2003, 02:07
cant defend **** - mistake

Krle
July 13th, 2003, 13:38
:( , well the Czechs currently have a worldclass NT and their domestic league is in much better shape than ours. Still OFK could have gone through with a little bit more luck and some tight marking in defence.

Let's hope Sutjeska makes it trough without the mafija this time. :)

Andrix
July 13th, 2003, 15:07
Steta za "romanticare". Dosli su do 2. kola kao i Sartid pre neku sezonu, medjutim za razliku od Sartida koji je izbacio Skote (Dundee) i izgubio od Nemaca (Munchen 1860), OFK se pokazao znatno losije - Estonci su im dali 4 gola, Cesi 3, a da ne spominjemo autogol u gostima. Da su bar stigli do Wolfsburga pa tu ispali bio bi to solidan ucinak, a ovako - razocarenje.

Borba
July 13th, 2003, 17:20
0-0 19th minute

Borba
July 13th, 2003, 17:58
Half Time still 0-0... score you lazy bastards! :D

Red_Bandit
July 13th, 2003, 18:26
66'

0-0

Borba
July 13th, 2003, 18:55
90th 0-1 there isnt a chance in hell of them doing it now!

Savo
July 13th, 2003, 19:01
Noooooooooooooooooo ...... Sutjestkaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(

Andrix
July 13th, 2003, 19:26
Well I told you Sutjeska wasn't getting past the 2nd round...

Ben Akiba
July 13th, 2003, 19:30
Our club football is total crap. In any UEFA sponsored competitions, our clubs are not capable of going through more than one or two initial rounds. This has been the trend during the past decade. I'm affraid that the same is going to happen in the CL qualifications and in the UEFA Cup. In fact, I think that only clubs from S&M that may be competative in the Intertoto Cup are Red Star and Partizan. Everything else in the S&M league is substandard for any European level.

Andrix
July 13th, 2003, 20:24
Makes you wonder why we have 16 teams for if our 3rd and 4th are no good...just think, a country like Austria, which has had a greater presence than we have in UEFA competitions recently (i.e. Sturm in the CL 2nd round) has 10 clubs, but we have 16? Ah, 12 is a maximum...but this is an overchewn story already. I agree with Ben. If our 4th place team can't score a single goal against a mid-table Finnish side then...what's the point? No wonder there's no fans at the games...when the football sucks.

Ben Akiba
July 13th, 2003, 21:25
I agree, 10-12 clubs will be optimum for the S&M league. We have no quality for a biger league. Let me remind you that from 1947 till 1953, when we were country of 20 mil., we had 10-12 first division clubs. During that time we won 2 silver olympic medails. From 1953 till 1964 we had only 14 teams in the league. During that time we won one olympic gold and we were world cup semi-finalist and European cup finalists and did not miss any of the world cup tournaments. Zvezda was the semi-finalist of the Champion Cup and City of Belgrade and Dinamo were semi-finalist of the what is today the UEFA Cup, Zvezda won the Danube Cup (later renamed Mieuropa Cup), etc.

It was pathetic to hear our new NT coach Ptkovic's comment about the OFK vs. Synot game. He said that inexperience (!) was the only factor to blame that the OFK did not advance further. Is he blind or he is trying to make us believe him.

Komik
July 14th, 2003, 00:48
I don't know what he meant by talking about inexperience, I didn't see the game myself, but he was probably just trying to give them some confidence. But the comment wasn't very wise since the opponent isn't really an european powerhouse. I really hope he is aware of the problems that our football is having.
The Czech football is very strong as Drulo said, we can't really expect us to compete with them right now.
And well said Ben, back to basics!

Ben Akiba
July 20th, 2003, 21:10
Both clubs that eliminated OFK and Sutjeska, lost at home in the 3rd round of the Intertoto Cup. Synot lost 0-1 to Wolfsburg and Tampere lost 0-2 to Cibalia Vinkovci. This is a good indicator of the quality of our 3rd and 4th clubs and how seriously they have been prepared for the Intertoto competition.

Savo
July 23rd, 2003, 18:40
1-0 leotar 77 :D

Red_Bandit
July 23rd, 2003, 22:01
Leotar 2-0 Grevenmach

23' [1 - 0] Kerkez

35' red card Milenkovic

44' Saraba

52' yellowcard Rodriguez

83' [2 - 0] Kerkez

Leotar make perfect start
Wednesday, 23 July 2003
Dušan Kerkez scored twice for Bosnia-Herzegovnian champions FK Leotar to take them into the UEFA Champions League second qualifying round at the expense of CS Grevenmacher.

European debut
Leotar drew 0-0 in Luxembourg in their first ever European tie last week, and went close to taking the lead in the first minute of tonight's return when Kerkez shot narrowly wide. However, 24 minutes later he was able to claim Leotar's inaugural goal in continental competition when he latched on to a cross from the right by Sinisa Mulina.

Leotar reduced
Grevenmacher, themselves making their Champions League debut, pressed forward, and gained hope when Leotar were reduced to ten men on 35 minutes when Ninoslan Milenkovic was sent off.

Kerkez clincher
However, the home side held on and although Boban Stojanovic missed a good chance to put them clear early in the second half, Kerkez sealed the win five minutes from the end on the counterattack.

Slavia test next
Czech side SK Slavia Praha provide the opposition for Leotar in the second qualifying round. Leotar are at home in next Wednesday's first leg.

www.uefa.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savo
July 23rd, 2003, 23:59
Napred FK Leotar !!

Fleka
July 24th, 2003, 12:45
Leotar proved what determination and team unity can achieve. I congratulate my Serbian brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

mgrubi
July 24th, 2003, 17:34
Gotta like it. COngrats and good luck against Slavia.

Andrix
July 24th, 2003, 22:30
Luck is what they'll need 'cause if they can only score 2 goals against a side from Luxembourg then they'll be taking in 4 or 5 in the back of their net against Slavia.

Red_Bandit
July 30th, 2003, 18:46
Slavia praha 1 - 0 Leotar 44th minute

goal scored in the 16th minute

Red_Bandit
July 30th, 2003, 18:47
Leotar just scored 1-1 45th minute!!!!!!!

mgrubi
July 30th, 2003, 18:57
Following the game on Oaza based on what I read the Slavia goal is playing great and we are creating tons of chances the goal was on a peanalty if you need the site it is www.oaza.co.yu

Should be a good 2nd half

mgrubi
July 30th, 2003, 18:58
Sjajan sut Krunica sa 20-tak metara, ali Cerni brani.
Kako bi bilo dobro da se povredi...

Ovo se pisalo u 45oj minuti

Savo
July 30th, 2003, 19:08
Borbu za ulazak u 3. kolo kvalifikacija za Ligu Sampiona crno beli pocinju na svom stadionu, u sredu u 20:00

NAPRED PFC !!!!!!!!

Andrix
July 30th, 2003, 23:58
Leotar - Slavia 1:2 (1:1)
Delibasic 42' (p) - Adauto 16', Dostalek 49'

Quite the respectable result for Leotar considering that Slavia is a strong team.

Other results:

CSKA Moskva - Vardar 1:2 (wow, way to go Vardar)
Pyunik - CSKA Sofiya 0:2
SK Tirana - GAK 1:5
Sheriff - Shakhtar 0:0 (surprise, but Shakhtar will win in the end)
Wisla - Omonia 5:2
FC Kobenhavn - Sliema 4:1
FBK Kaunas - Celtic 0:4
MTK - HJK 3:1
Rapid Bucuresti - Anderlecht 0:0
Zilina - Maccabi Tel Aviv 1:0
Maribor - Dinamo 1:1
Bohemians - Rosenborg 0:1

Komik
July 31st, 2003, 09:24
Two surprising results, Vardar's and Shakhtar's, but there is the return game, where usually the stronger team eventually goes through.

Savo
August 8th, 2003, 01:59
Why was tShaktars result a suprise ?! They were favourite from the start