Eastern Euro 2000 All Star Team [Archive] - Xtratime Community

Eastern Euro 2000 All Star Team

EclipsE
July 16th, 2000, 19:32
Ok, I know it's a little late, but still I want to see who you guys think were the best Eastern European players from the 5 Eastern nations that competed in Euro2000. So just to clarify, one may pick players out of Romania, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, Turkey and Slovenia.

Here is my starting 11. (3-5-2 Formation)

____________________Rustu____________________

_____Contra_________Repka___________Chivu____

Drulovic____Nedved____Poborsky_______Munteanu

___________________Zahovic___________________

_____________Sukur___________Koller__________

Bench: Stoikovic, Milosevic, Pavlin, Okan, Mutu, Srnicek (GK).

The reason why I put Koller in the starting 11 is because he was always a force whenever he played. He even showed he can pass the ball very well in the midfield also.

[Edited by EclipsE on 16-07-2000 at 19:35]

Argentina
July 16th, 2000, 19:39
well, i like the lineup, but i would make a couple of changes. one, nemec should be there instead of repka.

also, i would put mutu instead of drulovic. its juts a personal preference.

i know mutu doesnt play on the side or i was thinking of putting poborsky there instead so mutu can play center with nedved.

[Edited by argentina on 17-07-2000 at 04:51]

EclipsE
July 16th, 2000, 19:46
I too thought Mutu should be in the starting lineup somewhere, but there is no room for him. Drulovic was the assist leader for Euro2000, and was voted to actual starting 11 for Euro2000 All Stars by Reuters. One other thing: Mutu doesn't play on the side. He either plays as a playmaker, just behind the forwards or as a striker.

chivu
July 16th, 2000, 19:59
____________Rustu___________
Contra__Repka___Alpay__Chivu
Poborsky___Nedved_____Drulovic
____________Mutu_____________
_____Zahovic___Milosevic____

Nedved!
July 16th, 2000, 20:44
For the keeper, Rustu was indeed great. Srnicek in close 2nd. As far as I recall, the goals he conceded were not due to his mistakes, and he did make some excellent saves as well.
Defence...Not so sure about Repka. I'm thinking about Nemec as well. I guess I'll settle with Nemec instead of Repka.
Midfield, I agree with Eclipse about the players. Not so sure about the position though...
Attack...I'll put Savo over Koller although I liked what Koller showed in Euro 2000 (really too bad he didn;t score :( ). Still, Savo scored 5 and I want to give him credit for that.

Driver X
July 22nd, 2000, 02:32
chivu's team is pretty good ;)

Poborsky definitely on the right and Drulovic on the left :)

IMO Nemec definitely doesn't deserve a place in this sort of team, he was terrible throughout most of EURO 2000. :(

Zahovic, Milosevic, Koller, Sukur, it's hard to pick 2 :confused:

igor marzec
July 27th, 2000, 03:14
if you are allowed to put sukur in there and croatia wasent even in euro i would put jerzy dudek in net because he is in my opinion one of the best golakeepers in europe and alot better than rustu or whoever he is.

IVO
July 27th, 2000, 03:25
Igor, they're talking about Hakan Sukur, the Turkish player.

igor marzec
July 27th, 2000, 04:11
im a ****ing idiot i got davor and hakan mixed up i totally forgot about him. my bad