Ridiculous Rumours & News thread - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23376 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2003, 11:14 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Ridiculous Rumours & News thread

Just thought a new thread for the new upcoming season and it's preceding off-season transfers and transfer rumours would suit us fine

Last edited by Setzer; August 19th, 2004 at 19:54.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23376 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2003, 10:14
Rising Star

Teams: FC Barcelona
Aimar, Ayala....Killy Gonzales out
Louis Garcia, Jedi...in
post #3 of 23376 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2003, 15:54
Rising Star

Teams: VALENCIA
Valencia is seriously considering buying Dario Silva from Mallaga

I have also just read that they are in talks with Depor to get Victor. Him, I definitely wouldn't mind. He's a very good player. He would be a very good replacement for Rufete.

Ziad

post #4 of 23376 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2003, 19:32
Rising Star

Teams: Valencia , Juventus, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by cyryl
Aimar, Ayala....Killy Gonzales out
Louis Garcia, Jedi...in
You Barca fans can keep on dreaming of Aimar & Ayala. It's a joke!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziad
I have also just read that they are in talks with Depor to get Victor. Him, I definitely wouldn't mind. He's a very good player. He would be a very good replacement for Rufete.
Yeah, Victor is should fulfill the right wing role. However, Rufete does deserve a second chance. I still can't forget the 2 goals he scored against Espanol last season. Those 2 goals indicate a start of the winning streak and apparently, it saved Benetiez's career

I love my daughter as much as Valencia.
Tht's why my daughter is named Valencia!
post #5 of 23376 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2003, 09:11
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal, Real Madrid target Ayala: I'm always on market
tribalfootball.com - June 30, 2003

Valencia defender Roberto Ayala has shrugged off reports of interest from rival clubs.
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Arsenal have all been linked with the Argentine World Cup skipper this month.

But he told Marca, "Every year I am on the market. Its' part and parcel of being with Valencia. They must consider all offers. But what is certain is that if they want to sell me, they have to talk to me first."

On Real Madrid's interest Ayala laughed, "I do not know if I would fit in the galactic stable!

"I don't regard myself as better as the players they already have there. I believe in myself and focus on my own game.

"But it is with great pride that I see myself mentioned with clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona."

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #6 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2003, 00:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Are you guys still interested in former Hajduk Split central defender Goran Sablic. I remember a few months ago Valencia were scouting him when he was at Hajduk and now he plays at dinamo kiev and he is a very good player.
post #7 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2003, 12:59
MoMo
International

Teams: Liverpool
Marca reports that we are offering $15 million and Kily for Makaay. Now I do think that the offer is a bit too much but I would LOVE to have Makaay in our squad! :drool: I just hope we don't tend to recover that amount of cash from the sale of Aimar

And DerbyCounty, sorry but I haven't heard anything about Sablic..
post #8 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2003, 15:29
Rising Star

Quote:
Are you guys still interested in former Hajduk Split central defender Goran Sablic.
I haven't heard anything about that.

Ziad
post #9 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2003, 23:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
OK thanks for the info becuase i remember when he was playing with Hajduk Valencia were interested in him but since he moved to Dinamo Kiev talks quieted down.
post #10 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:04
Rising Star

Teams: napoli
Valencia have made their first signing of the summer in the shape of young Auxerre striker Mohamed Lamine Sissoko.

The player will begin pre-season with Los Ches before a decision is made over where he'll be playing next season.

He netted over 50 goals in two seasons with the French club's youth team.
post #11 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2003, 16:53
Rising Star

Teams: Valencia, Liverpool
Hopefully, this signing is one for the future or investment. We certainly need one proven goal proacher.
post #12 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 05:02
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Barcelona Want Either Ayala Or Marquez
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

Rafael Marquez (Allsport)
07/04/2003. Barcelona are intent on tightening up their defense ahead of next season and have targeted either Valencia's Roberto Ayala or Monaco's Rafael Marquez as the man to do just that.

"I can affirm that one of them will join," said Barca VP Sandro Rosell when pressed on the reports linking the Catalan club to the captains of both Argentina and Mexico.

Freshly-appointed Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard also spoke on the matter: "I like them both," the Dutchman admitted. "I like Ayala for his experience in La Liga and I like Marquez beacuse he plays well and is young and in the Mexican team."

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #13 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2003, 01:17
Rising Star

The sad thing is that I read Ayala was quoted in some Argentinian paper (Ole?) as saying that his dream/goal was to play for Barca If this turns out to be true, and not some fictitious-rumour-starting article, then I'm very disappointed in Ayala, and sad for Valencia because we'd be losing a heck of a player...

Ziad
post #14 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2003, 19:17
Rising Star

I'm starting to get disgusted over Barca's acts.

Their comments on Beckham after Barca failed to capture his signature was a childish and horrible incident. To say that the grapes are sour when you do not have the chance to taste it, was simply not an accpetable act. I'm starting to become an anti-barca fan after this incident(Mind you, I'm no Beckham fan)

Ayala can go. I'm thankful for his commitment for the past season and undeniably, he was one of the best central back in La Liga, but his occasional mistakes has often led to match upsets. I liked Ayala a lot and if he's to go, PLS avoid that terrible BARCA

post #15 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2003, 03:05
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Inter Milan favourites to land Valencia's Kily
tribalfootball.com - July 7, 2003

Inter Milan are closing in on Valencia winger Kily Gonzalez.
The Argentine will be sold before the start of the new season after falling out with club management.

Kily carries a price-tag of around Ł2 million and is being chased by Inter trainer Hector Cuper.

The two men didn't get on at Valencia, but Cuper sees Kily as the ideal solution to his problems on the left-side of Inter's midfield.

post #16 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2003, 12:59
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Carson35
Inter Milan favourites to land Valencia's Kily
tribalfootball.com - July 7, 2003

Kily carries a price-tag of around Ł2 million and is being chased by Inter trainer Hector Cuper.
It's quite a bargain to get Kily for 2 million but that's the expected price especially after his injury-plagued season. If he's sold one season before, we could fetch at least 8 million! Wasted

post #17 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2003, 14:58
MoMo
International

Teams: Liverpool
According to reports in Italy, Lazio and Valencia have a greed a fee for Lopez, which will be part of the Mendieta debt and also Lazio are offering Kovacevic plus a little cash to clear off the deebt.

What do you think about Lopez-Kovacevic upfont? I know Ziad won't like it but I think if we keep the midfield as it is, we'll have a fearsome attack for next season!
post #18 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2003, 17:03
Rising Star

Teams: Spain ,Valencia
Quote:
Originally posted by MoMo
I think if we keep the midfield as it is, we'll have a fearsome attack for next season!
No doubt about that.
post #19 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2003, 21:45
Rising Star

Quote:
What do you think about Lopez-Kovacevic upfont? I know Ziad won't like it
Well, I don't like it Especially the Lopez part. I'm not too excited about Kovacevic as well. I'd much rather have an Etoo-Makay or an Etoo-Morientes combination.
I hope getting Lopez does not mean that Etoo cannot come, because we still need a pure stricker. I'm not sure the club can afford Lopez, Etoo, and a good stricker.

Ziad
post #20 of 23376 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2003, 22:57
Rising Star

Teams: Spain ,Valencia
The chances of getting Makaay looks slim.

Chances are higher for Lopez, Kovacevic and Etoo.

Well, if worst come to worst, with none of the transfers are being successful, We will have mista upfront then

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.