Serie A 2016/17 - Xtratime Community
 75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 442 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2016, 15:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Serie A 2016/17

So, it looks like it is going to be the sixth scudetto in a row for Juventus but I invite you to consider the following things:
- Higuain might score almost 40 goals the way he did in the past season but he might score around a half of it the way he did in the previous two seasons in serie A. Let's not forget the importance of being part of a perfect engine like the attack of Napoli in the past season. With Benitez things were pretty different.
- yeah, Pjanic is also another champion and the suggestion that Juventus bought the two best players of their closest pursuers might also be correct (Pjanic might more properly be considered the most talented if we rule out Totti). Yet, I find funny the fact that the same people who suggest it forget that Juventus also lost Pogba. Juventus in the past season had the problem of the trequartista and the solution wasn't exactly brilliant (Hernanes). Now replacing Pogba could be even tougher. Let's not forget Juventus have lost Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba and right now miss Marchisio. 4/4 of a midfield which was considered among the best in the world.
Rhizoid likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 442 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2016, 17:38
Professional Pirate
International

Teams: False 9
There needs to be a long discussion with the referees about what is a foul and what is not.

Everytime someone goes down we hear a whistle. It's getting so ridiculous. I would love to see stats on how many fouls are called per game when compared to other leagues.

The stop and go system has to stop and we have to allow some sort of physicality in the league otherwise Italy will be left behind...again.

I feel the game is spoiled.
Nero likes this.
post #3 of 442 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2016, 21:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Quote:
Everytime someone goes down we hear a whistle. It's getting so ridiculous. I would love to see stats on how many fouls are called per game when compared to other leagues.

The stop and go system has to stop and we have to allow some sort of physicality in the league otherwise Italy will be left behind...again.
Aren't there whistles all the time in Spain too? Yet Spanish teams dominate the CL and the EL.

Kallor said: “I walked this land when the T’lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?”

“Yes,” said Caladan Brood, “you never learn.”

post #4 of 442 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2016, 21:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinoy1 View Post
Nah, every time a defender (or defending player) go down we hear a whistle. For attackers it is pretty difficult to get decisions their way. It is a miracle we see as many goals as we do considering that.

I now seen both Pescara and Cagliari play a 2-2 game and boy are that two teams that add something to the league. They might go down, but they both show really nice football.
post #5 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 08:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: ACF Fiorentina 1926
Cagliari are an offensive side. More offensive than Roma.

And Di Genarro is really good.

STAY AHEAD
post #6 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 08:59
Star Player

Teams: AS Roma, Italy
Based on his career, he is a 28 year-old journeyman.
post #7 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 10:42
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
So...how about the standout players so far?

Andrea Belotti killing it last night:

FORZA JUVE

Un giorno ci sveglieremo, e troveremo il cielo, BIANCO E NERO

Join us on XT's EURO 2016 FORUM to discuss tactics, players, video highlights, and all the other action in the long road to France!
post #8 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 10:50
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I watched Inter - Palermo.

Where's that post by @ToniSamp replying to someone in the Italian NT forum thread about the valid candidate pool for Italian NT, who mentioned Andrea Rispoli? That was the first thing that sprung to mind

[EDIT] - from this thread NT player updates

Inter had most of the possession, but with a stubborn Palermo playing with everyone behind the ball that was difficult. Apart from Rispoli and maybe Vitiello, I could not recognize most of those XI's on the Palermo team.

As for Inter, Ever Banega has huge playmaking potential. Eder was constantly double and triple teamed like he's Messi or something. Icardi's header was well struck. I think it will be a matter of time before Inter find themselves. Not all doom and gloom. GabiGol has a league match (or had?) with Santos, then Ecuador with Brazil NT before traveling to Milano. He will add another dimension to attack, and definitely an upgrade on Eder who's somewhat grown on me in the Euro's.

PS- Medel is one crazy ass looking mofo!!

FORZA JUVE

Join us on XT's EURO 2016 FORUM to discuss tactics, players, video highlights, and all the other action in the long road to France!

Last edited by Rhizoid; August 29th, 2016 at 12:06.
post #9 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 13:03
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid View Post
I think it will be a matter of time before Inter find themselves. Not all doom and gloom.
Yeah, to be honest, I took some positives from the Palermo game yesterday and see things in a much better light after the disaster that was week 1.

Certainly when I saw Santon in the line-up my heart missed a beat, and he was just as dreadful as expected. There was no real game plan or system to what Inter were doing, just a reliance on set-pieces and crosses, but the team created at least 7/8 clear-cut chances, which under Mancio was very, very rare.

Joao Mario will probably add some skill - although it is totally unclear where he will actually play - but I don't really see Gabigol getting all that much game time, since his favoured position is Candreva's, on the right wing.

That said, looking at the broader picture, Inter have Juve in Week 4, which is a certain loss, so if they beat Pescara in round 4 that will be 4 points from 12 in 4 rounds. Obviously that makes the title (lol) impossible and CL qualification extremely difficult from the get-go.

My money is still on a 4th/5th/6th place finish to make it yet another "transition season"
post #10 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 14:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I keep my previous opinion of Rispoli, Rhiz.
Yeah, he pushes a lot and can find the odd goal, but he remains a very mediocre side back.
post #11 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 16:35
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Based on his career, he is a 28 year-old journeyman.
He has been injured to much. I think that is why he look like the player I saw yesterday. He bulked up, but is really slow. He kind of never lose possession, but he is a liability when it comes to helping the defense against a team like Roma. Since their players will just breeze past him.
post #12 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 19:48
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Serie A Week 2 - XI WhoScored.Com's ratings:
Karnezis with lot's of good saves vs. Empoli. No surprise seeing 3 Torino players there, but surprised to see Molinaro there (Juve fans will understand this...).

De Silvestri assisted two of Torino's goals.

Benatia with a solid performance vs. Lazio, while Acerbi got the highest rating for his defending against Pescara- he is a sort of late bloomer for the Italy/Serie A by the way, expect him to end his career with one of the bigger clubs (he's 28 now).

Ever Banega was the only decent player in Inter-Palermo which ended 1-1. Berardi continues his fine form on the wing. Sanchez was Fiorentina's goal scorer for their 1-0 win, honestly I did not see the game to judge how good/bad he was. (Fiorentina fans...any additional info would be cool)

I was surprised also (ironically, a left wing: See Molinaro comment)to see Alex Sandro there. I (and many on twitter) did not enjoy his style of play vs. Lazio. He had much of the ball and lot's of dribbles, but lacking the final end product.

Andrea Belotti and Leonardo Pavoletti both had storming matches, and it's quite apt that these two names are the top rated striking pair, given the lack of quality Italian goal-scorers. In my opinion I wanted Conte to take at least one of them to Euro 2016. Belotti is one to watch.
Attached Images

FORZA JUVE

post #13 of 442 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 19:57
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Serie A 2016/2017 Highlights:

Crotone 1-3 Genoa VIDEO Crotone vs Genoa Highlights - OurMatch

Udinese 2-0 Empoli VIDEO Udinese vs Empoli Highlights - OurMatch

Inter 1-1 Palermo Video Inter vs Palermo Highlights Goals

Torino 5-1 Bologna VIDEO Torino vs Bologna Highlights - OurMatch

Sampdoria 2-1 Atalanta VIDEO Sampdoria vs Atalanta Highlights - OurMatch

Sassuolo 2-1 Pescara VIDEO Sassuolo vs Pescara Highlights - OurMatch

Fiorentina 1-0 Chievo Verona Fiorentina vs ChievoVerona Highlights & Goals VIDEO

Cagliari 2-2 AS Roma VIDEO Cagliari vs AS Roma Highlights - OurMatch

FORZA JUVE

post #14 of 442 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2016, 14:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Dumb mistake of Sassuolo who fielded a player who wasn't in the list of 25 (Antonino Ragusa). As a consequence Pescara were awarded a 3-0 win.
post #15 of 442 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2016, 14:53
Xtratime Legend

Bologna started in diabolical fashion! Atalanta also seems to be heading for darker pastures.
post #16 of 442 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2016, 15:25
Rookie

Teams: Juventus
Apparently, Juve is going to sign Cuadrado and Witsel. I love the first one, but the belgian long hair guy is a very overrated player in my opinion. We should have kept Pogba just one more year.
post #17 of 442 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 13:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
So will Roma break the record for most penalties this season? Three penalties in the first two games was a bit much, but the one given yesterday...just wow.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.
post #18 of 442 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 14:29
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
Lol yeah Dzeko one was big wtf. Ferrero was spot on at offering Dzeko a, role in one of his movies.

Skickat frĺn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #19 of 442 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 14:31
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I really hope some big team keeps Franck Kessie in Italia and doesn't let him go to the EPL/La Liga.

This kid's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 3rd time watching him and he just keeps impressing me every time.

I mean it's hard to say this cause he's freaking 19 - but he really is the complete package. Whoever gets his hands on him is gonna be real lucky.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.

Last edited by Stanko 05; September 12th, 2016 at 14:38.
post #20 of 442 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 14:40
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
Napoli probably will get him is my guess.

Skickat frĺn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.