Can't stand current FM 12 !~~ NEED TO VENT~~~
i got so mad at FM that i made 13 things i want to see in the future FM that wont happen, but at least i feel better after i say it. Meanwhile the actual game engine for the match day simulation is saturated, i find there are a lot of room for improvements in the life outside of football. As of now the players, have no distinction or individuality. There's no real atachment to the players even though the makers of FM are trying to give shape to the players, but to me they are all just numbers on a spreadsheet that are dispensible, in real life, a lot more details are entailed to players:
1) space/time. You can't be in 2 places at the same time. If you are busy on the pitch or if you are negotiating a contract, you should be occupied, and therefore can't multitask at the same time. There should be a daily planner that helps you organize and tell you how much hrs you have left in a day to execute certain activities. ie negotiation for contract would take 2 hrs, watching the team practice would take up the entire morning & part of the afternoon, etc. And sometimes you would not be able to attend practice because you have an appointment or meeting etc.How it should effect the game: adds realism.
2) all meetings with anyone outside the club needs to be arranged by appointment. There should be no instant access like there is now when you need to talk to a staff that is employed outside the club. There should be an option of them rejecting your offer to talk. Your appointment time must coordinate with the time that is free to you. Your allowed time to have meetings should be determined by the free time in the planner. You have the freedom to prioritize each appointments but the time must be mutually agreed. Unrealistic time meetings should be restricted only to different time zones IE no meetings after 10 pm. How it should effect the game: adds realism.
3) The concept of time should be consistant depending on the timezone: if you want to sign a player in asia and you are in europe, then you would have to set an appointment with them that is convinent with them. You can't be negotiating with them in their supposively sleeping time. Saturdays and sundays should be more quiet, less news, etc. If you were flying to an away game ie CL games that are across europe, your allot time to work is shortened. How it should effect the game: add realism
4) there should always be a "form" that would determine performance. Players' form should be updated by your coaches and they would tell you who is in form and who isn't. Right now we pick players with best attributes to start, but in real life it's seldomly the case. How it should effect the game: actual performance during gameday
5) Players and manager and staff phone numbers (Fake numbers of course), so you can 'talk' to them. Everything in the game is attached to a code so why not make it their fake contact numbers?
IE find them when they are missing in practice. There can be a "not pick up phone" by the player which is an indication of the player disrespecting you. Likewise you should have a personal phone and a business phone. Players can call you when they will be late for practice because they are stuck in traffic, or if they were sick or they have to excuse themselves for other things.
Agents and other managers can be calling you on your business phone, your own players and staff should be calling on your personal phone. How it should effect the game: adds realism
6) We should be more involved with the transfer, like you'd actually have to spend time with the player and his family when you negotiate contracts wtih these ppl. Meet in restaurents, hotels are very common. In addition you should be able to pick 1 staff or even a player that help you convince the player to come. A lot of the desire wanting to come, in addition to money, depends on such 'interviews'. How it should effect the game: take up time per day, increase appeal for players to sign for lesser clubs.
7) You should have some kind of life outside of football, off the pitch relationships with the players; ie mancini goes fishing with Vieri. many managers have dinner with the players. Things that help the relationship between the player and the manager. How it would help in the game: Improve loyalty
8) more off the pitch antics and news for players; ie, they get in trouble with the law, or if they have personal issues that want your advice, and you would have to release a press conference to deny alligations or to help them in your personal time. These are all to build a relationship with your players. How it would help in the game: Improve or lower loyalty depending on the player/situation.
9) More off the pitch activies: the bad: drug related charges, clubbing, partying, prostitutes, breaking the law, stealing.
the good stuff: to attend charity, attend player award ceremonies, humanitarian work, etc in general things that would take up your time in addition to crunching the database/spreadsheet with no real improvements to the game. You should be able to sent someone to tail a player to see if he was lying about not going to parties. This should apply only to players that are notorious for being unprofessional. And have the ability to call them or speak to them to confront them if they were lying to such incident. How it should effect the game: adds realism and individuality to distinction to players, separating the kakas and the balotellis.
10) Interaction with the fans, open press conference, photo sessions, autograph sessions, online Q & A forums. This should be different sets of questions other than the press conference, just have to have an option. Like all activities this would take up like hrs of the day. The amount of reception (how many fans show up) can be determined by the day of the event and the popularity of the club in that given city; the best times are on the weekends where not much happens, and hours where fans dont have to work. How it should effect the game: improve fans support, increase reputation of the club.
11) testimonial games How it should effect the game: adds realism
12) you should have some room to make some friends in the game, not real friends of course, just AI. But you should feel like you are NOT the only human in the game. This relates to the phone suggestion. Giving your personal phone number to another manager should be a gesture of goodwill and friendship, esp if it's reciprocated by the other manager. How it should effect the game: improve reputation, rivalry, improve likelihood to accept bid for players playing for friendly managers' teams.
13) You should be able to invite potential signings, who are not convinced to sign for you, to attend a game How it should effect the game: improves likelihood to sign a player who's 50-50 about coming to the team, if the scoreline was favorable.
oh i feel better now that its off my chest.
Last edited by The F.I.F.A. President; November 10th, 2011 at 23:26.