Greats Of The Past - Page 7 - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:17
BANNED!
World Class Player

Well, if we go by that criteria then we will never have a Zvezdina Zvezda again my friend.

Alchemist, how many players of the 91 generation do you think hit their peak before the left Zvezda??

Surely not Jugovic.
Prosinecki possibly.
Pancev possibly.
Not Mihajlovic.
Savicevic had better days once he left, I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:23
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
From the '91 generation, I believe Dejo and Robi were the ones that had enough of an impact and stayed at the club for long enough. Granted, not as long as the first 4 "stars", but long enough.

The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
post #123 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:25
BANNED!
World Class Player

To be fair, Vidic has spent 8 years of his career at Zvezda and was a youth player there before eventually becoming a captain for Zvezda at the age of what? 22?

He won quite a few titles with them as well.

post #124 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:28
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
To be fair, Vidic has spent 8 years of his career at Zvezda and was a youth player there before eventually becoming a captain for Zvezda at the age of what? 22?

He won quite a few titles with them as well.
The youth career doesn't and shouldn't have an impact on deciding whether one is a "Zvezdina zvezda" or not. And being captain at a young age is definitely not enough..

Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
post #125 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:30
BANNED!
World Class Player

To be fair, the only player from the 91 generation should have been Savicevic.
Just my two cents. But honestly, it wasn't a 1 team show like it was with Zvezda when Dzajic was playing or when Sekularac was playing or when Mitic was playing or Pizon. Piksi had great players among him but he was the undisputed standout.

For the 91 generation, you would never have a consistant domination from one player. They would always rotate for MOM whether it was Savicevic, Prosinecki, Mihajlovic, Pancev, Jugovic, or co.
post #126 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:33
BANNED!
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by red star forever View Post
The youth career doesn't and shouldn't have an impact on deciding whether one is a "Zvezdina zvezda" or not. And being captain at a young age is definitely not enough..
The criteria's have changed my friend.

Zvezdina Zvezda is not what it used to be.
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Vidic the 7th Zvezdina Zvezda after he retires.

If you have players like Belodedic, Najdoski, Radinovic, Marovic, and co as Zvezdine Zvezde then Vidic will recieve it as well.

You cannot just ignore him. He's the greatest defender Serbia has ever had and the most successful Serbian player ever outisde of the Serbia/Yugoslavian League.
Vasovic can be the exception but nobody here has actually watched him live nor did he play for Zvezda(not counting that one year he "played" for them.
post #127 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 10:43
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
The criteria's have changed my friend.

Zvezdina Zvezda is not what it used to be.
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Vidic the 7th Zvezdina Zvezda after he retires.

If you have players like Belodedic, Najdoski, Radinovic, Marovic, and co as Zvezdine Zvezde then Vidic will recieve it as well.
Well, those players are there as a compromise. An unfortunate attempt to fix something that should have been done a long, long time ago. If it had been on time, the only "Sesta Zvezdina zvezda" would have been Dejo and/or Prosinecki. But I'd say most likely Dejo.

Quote:
You cannot just ignore him. He's the greatest defender Serbia has ever had and the most successful Serbian player ever outisde of the Serbia/Yugoslavian League.
And that's why Vidic is and will be a Serbian/Zvezda/Man U football legend. But above all a Serbian and Man U legend.

I don't think he'd end up being a Zvezdina zvezda though.

post #128 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:16 Thread Starter
Legend

FK Partizan - 1962

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."

Last edited by alchemist; January 1st, 2013 at 02:34.
post #129 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:17 Thread Starter
Legend

Svet Plus Info - Ljubinko Drulovic

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."

Last edited by alchemist; January 22nd, 2013 at 00:19.
post #130 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:22 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Well, if we go by that criteria then we will never have a Zvezdina Zvezda again my friend.

Alchemist, how many players of the 91 generation do you think hit their peak before the left Zvezda??

Surely not Jugovic.
Prosinecki possibly.
Pancev possibly.
Not Mihajlovic.
Savicevic had better days once he left, I believe.
starting XI at Bari

1. Stojanovic - yes
2. Sabanadzovic - yes
3. Marovic - yes
4. Belodedic - reached his peak before coming to Zvezda --> one of the most underrated defenders i have ever watched
5. Najdoski - yes
6. Jugovic - no
7. Mihajlovic - no
8. Prosinecki - unfortunately, yes
9. Pancev - yes
10. Savicevic - no, but he was at his physical peak at Zvezda
11. Binic - yes

a majority of the bench players did hit their peaks at Zvezda but they were fringe players --> Radinovic, Stosic, Tosic etc.

post #131 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:31
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Why would you consider Radinovic a fringe player?

post #132 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:33
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
if we are taking into account the time and impact of a player at Zvezda only, we will never have another legitimate star
It wouldn't surprise me.

Of course, never say never though. They might "bend" the criteria some time in the future, even though there really is no "official" criteria.

But deep down I still believe a "Zvezdina zvezda" must be someone who has had a deep and significant impact at our club. Not at Man U, Milan or anywhere else. And of course has to be what you'd call a "generational" player.

post #133 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:34 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
To be fair, the only player from the 91 generation should have been Savicevic.
Just my two cents. But honestly, it wasn't a 1 team show like it was with Zvezda when Dzajic was playing or when Sekularac was playing or when Mitic was playing or Pizon. Piksi had great players among him but he was the undisputed standout.
the only Zvezda player that i have ever heard of truly dominating his generation was Dzajic... and even then, there were very good/great players around him (eg. Acimovic, Karasi, Dujkovic etc.)... Seki had Beara, Kostic, Stankovic etc., Pizon had Savic, Bogicevic, Filipovic, Sestic etc.

Robi and Dejo were standouts IMO and should have been '6' & '7'

Quote:
For the 91 generation, you would never have a consistant domination from one player. They would always rotate for MOM whether it was Savicevic, Prosinecki, Mihajlovic, Pancev, Jugovic, or co.
true... it was a well rounded team evidenced by the fact that between the European Cup and Toyota Cup, 5 players moved on including Prosinecki and captain Stojanovic, as well as the coach, and Zvezda still won comfortably 3-0 with Savicevic sent off

post #134 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:36 Thread Starter
Legend

Dragoljub Brnović

Rođen 02/11/1963
Mesto u timu Vezni igrač
Utakmica za reprezentaciju 25
Golova za reprezentaciju 1
Debitovao 14/10/1987
Igrao u klubovima FK Crvena Stijena (Podgorica),
OFK Titograd (Podgorica),
FK Budućnost (Podgorica),
FK Partizan (Beograd),
FC Metz (Fra), Írgryte IS (Swe),
Aris Bonnevoie (Lux)

Rođen 2. novembra 1963. u Podgorici.

Karijeru počeo u podgoričkoj Crvenoj stijeni, a nastavio u Budućnosti, u kojoj je igrao do 1988. godine. Jednu sezonu (1980-81) bio na pozajmici u OFK Titogradu.

Član Partizana postaje u sezoni 1988-89 i na 27 prvenstvenih susreta postiže 4 pogotka. Uoči Svetskog prvenstva u Italiji potpisao za francuski Mec. Posle četiri uspešne sezone u Mecu, karijeru je nastavio u Švedskoj, a završio u Luksemburgu.

Za reprezentaciju SFRJ odigrao je 25 utakmica i postigao jedan pogodak. Debitovao je 14. oktobra 1987. godine, protiv Severne Irske (3:0) u Sarajevu. Bio je standardni prvotimac reprezentacije na Mundijalu u Italiji. Jedan je od reprezentativaca (pored Stojkovića i Hadžibegića) koji nisu realizovali jedanesterac u četvrtfinalnom meču protiv Argentine (0:0 - 2:3).

Prvenstvene utakmice u klubovima u kojima je nastupao :

Season Club Country Level GP GS
1995-96 Aris Bonnevoie LUX 1 18 2
1994-95 Aris Bonnevoie LUX 1 19 2
1993-94 Metz FC (B) FRA 1 1 0
1993-94 Metz FC FRA 1 6 0
1993 Írgryte IS SWE 1 5 0
1991-92 Metz FC FRA 1 26 0
1990-91 Metz FC FRA 1 31 1
1989-90 Metz FC FRA 1 33 2
1988-89 FK Partizan Beograd YUG 1 27 4
1987-88 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 30 5
1986-87 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 32 1
1985-86 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 32 4
1984-85 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 28 1
1983-84 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 11 1
1982-83 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 31 0
1981-82 FK Budućnost Titograd YUG 1 19 0
1980-81 OFK Titograd YUG 2 13 0
Career Totals: 362 23

Utakmice reprezentacije Jugoslavije u kojima je nastupao :

KEP 14.10.1987 Jugoslavija - Severna Irska 3-0 (2-0)
KEP 16.12.1987 Turska - Jugoslavija 2-3 (0-2)
PU 23.03.1988 Vels - Jugoslavija 1-2 (1-1)
PU 31.03.1988 Jugoslavija - Italija 1-1 (1-1)
PU 27.04.1988 Republika Irska - Jugoslavija 2-0 (1-0)
PU 04.06.1988 Nemačka SR - Jugoslavija 1-1 (0-1)
PU 24.08.1988 Švajcarska - Jugoslavija 0-2 (0-0)
KSP 19.10.1988 Škotska - Jugoslavija 1-1 (1-1)
KSP 11.12.1988 Jugoslavija - Kipar 4-0 (3-0)
KSP 29.04.1989 Francuska - Jugoslavija 0-0 (0-0)
PU 27.05.1989 Belgija - Jugoslavija 1-0 (0-0)
PU 23.08.1989 Finska - Jugoslavija 2-2 (2-1)
KSP 06.09.1989 Jugoslavija - Škotska 3-1 (0-1)
PU 20.09.1989 Jugoslavija - Grčka 3-0 (2-0) goal
KSP 11.10.1989 Jugoslavija - Norveška 1-0 (1-0)
PU 14.11.1989 Brazil - Jugoslavija 0-0 (0-0)
PU 13.12.1989 Engleska - Jugoslavija 2-1 (1-1)
PU 28.03.1990 Poljska - Jugoslavija 0-0 (0-0)
PU 26.05.1990 Jugoslavija - Španija 0-1 (0-0)
PU 03.06.1990 Jugoslavija - Holandija 0-2 (0-0)
SP 10.06.1990 Jugoslavija - Nemačka SR 1-4 (0-2)
SP 14.06.1990 Jugoslavija - Kolumbija 1-0 (0-0)
SP 19.06.1990 Jugoslavija - UAE 4-1 (2-1)
SP 26.06.1990 Jugoslavija - Španija 2-1 (0-0)
SP 30.06.1990 Jugoslavija - Argentina 2-3 (0-0)

http://www.reprezentacija.rs/index.p...zentativci/945

Last edited by alchemist; January 1st, 2013 at 14:52.
post #135 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 11:49
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
yeah, i might have been a bit harsh on Radinovic... he was probably unfairly benched for the final in Bari

i guess what i was getting at was that he wasn't really a key player in this discussion
Radinovic IMO was one of the most underrated players in that generation. A true prototype of todays fullbacks, a player ahead of his time. Great defender, brilliant going forward, great passing etc.

And in Bari he actually had yellow cards or was injured, can't remember. He would have been a sure starter otherwise.

post #136 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 12:13 Thread Starter
Legend

Umro bivši igrač Zvezde Đoka "Bomba"

15. februar 2009. 17:29 > 22:36

Nekadašnji fudbaler Crvene zvezde Đorđe Milovanović, poznat i pod nadimkom "Đoka bomba" zbog razornog udarca, preminuo je u nedelju iznenada u Sremskoj Mitrovici u 53. godini, objavljeno je na sajtu Crvene zvezde.

Nekadašnji fudbaler Crvene zvezde Đorđe Milovanović, poznat i pod nadimkom "Đoka bomba" zbog razornog udarca, preminuo je u nedelju iznenada u Sremskoj Mitrovici u 53. godini, objavljeno je na sajtu Crvene zvezde.

Milovanović je rođen 13. septembra 1956. godine u Sremskoj Rači. Fudbalsku karijeru je počeo u Radniku iz Bijeljine. U Crvenu zvezdu je stigao u januaru 1978. godine i sve do juna 1985. godine odigrao je više od 300 utakmica i postigao 50 golova.

Njegovih 12 pogodaka doprineli su osvajanju dve titule prvaka i dva nacionalna Kupa. Zbog odsluženja vojnog roka nije učestvovao u šampionskom pohodu na prvenstvo u sezoni 1980/1981.

Ostaće upamćen kao nezamenljivi član veznog reda generacije koja je pod trenerskom palicom Branka Stankovića u sezoni 1978/1979 stigla do finala Kupa UEFA.

Nakon toga nastavio je karijeru u Austriji, a po povrtaku u zemlju igrao je u Petrinji i mitrovačkom Sremu, gde je i prestao da aktivno igra.

Njegov sin, Dejan Milovanović takođe je bio igrač Crvene zvezde, a sada igra za Lans.

Datum i mesto sahrane Đorđa Milovanovića biće naknadno objavljeni.

(MONDO - foto: MN Press arhiva)

http://www.mondo.rs/v2/tekst.php?vest=124779

Last edited by alchemist; December 24th, 2012 at 14:15.
post #137 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 16:20
Vojvoda
Star Player

Teams: Chelsea, Partizan
Again not to sound pesimistic, the reason why I brought up Vidic was I don't see Red Star hitting any legendary status anytime in the future, so its almost as if getting that title is impossible. Keep in mind I am not the most educated on this topic, so feel free to share.
post #138 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 20:05
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
i'm not sure about that... i remember commentary that he had been devastated to not play in the final in Bari... i don't remember why now
Yep, he was devastated because of his injury/yellow cards.

post #139 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 20:13
BANNED!
World Class Player

Vidic- Sedma Zvezdina Zvezda
post #140 of 3106 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 20:44
Lord of the Basement
Legend

Teams: FC Basement
Is he a Delija ZauvJek too?

Here lies
Mrkela
2008-2015
Until the day break,
and the shadows flee away

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.