European Cups Qualifying! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 19:50 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FK Partizan
European Cups Qualifying!

Hey guys,
i thought maybe we should start a thread for the qualifying rounds for both the Champions League and the Uefa Cup. The groups for the possible Uefa Cup opponents for both Zvezda and Sartid were drawn today and i must say both of our teams did very well in my opinion. The actual draw is tommorow as well as the Champions League draw where Partizan are in the second round of qualifying.

Here are Zvezda and Sartid's groups though.

2003/04 UEFA Cup
Qualifying round draw
Group D (teams in bold are seeded)
Pos Club
10 PFC Litex Lovech (BUL)
11 FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)
23 FK Sartid (YUG)
37 APOEL Nicosia FC (CYP)
44 CSF Zimbru Chisinau (MOL)
48 FK Sarajevo (BHZ)
60 FC Neman Grodno (BLS)
61 Derry City FC (IRL)

2003/04 UEFA Cup
Qualifying round draw
Group H (teams in bold are seeded)
Pos Club
5 FK Crvena Zvezda (YUG)
25 GKS Katowice (POL)
27 Debreceni VSC (HUN
38 ŠKM Púchov (SVK)

49 FC Nistru Otaci (MOL)
51 FC Sioni Bolnisi (GEO)
54 FK Ekranas (LIT)
57 FK Cementarnica 55 (MKD)

Napred Partizan! Napred Srbija!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 19:51 Thread Starter
International

Contenders aim to emulate Porto
Thursday, 19 June 2003
Three sides that have tasted European glory are among the 82 contenders lining up for the UEFA Cup qualifying round draw.

Seeded teams
Romanian club FC Steaua Bucuresti and FK Crvena Zvezda of Serbia and Montenegro, winners of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1986 and 1991 respectively, will be joined by the 1970 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup champions Manchester City FC. All three teams are seeded in the draw, which takes place in Nyon, Switzerland at 14.00CET on Friday.

Ten groups
For the draw, the 82 entrants have been divided in half into seeded and unseeded sides, and then placed into ten different groups lettered A to J based on geographical criteria and in accordance with the club coefficient ranking list.

How it works
Groups A to I will have two bowls of balls each made up of four seeds and four non-seeds while Group J will have a bowl of balls containing five seeds and another bowl with five non-seeds. To determine the draw, a ball will be taken from each bowl and these will be shuffled in an empty bowl. The first team drawn will play the first leg at home against the second team drawn.

August matches
This procedure will be carried out until all 41 qualifying round ties have been decided. Any fixture reversals and changes of date will then be confirmed by UEFA at 15.30CET. The set dates for the two-legged ties are 14 and 28 August.

First-round entrants
Aside from RC Lens and City, teams from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands and Turkey all enter the UEFA Cup in the first round, together with the cup winners from Portugal, Russia, Czech Republic, Scotland, Ukraine, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Norway and Israel.

Champions League losers
In addition to these teams, the 16 losing sides in the Champions League third qualifying round will enter the competition in the first round, and the eight third-placed teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage will join in the third round. The UEFA Cup final will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden on 19 May 2004.

www.uefa.com

post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 19:54 Thread Starter
International

Contenders aim to emulate Porto
Thursday, 19 June 2003
Three sides that have tasted European glory are among the 82 contenders lining up for the UEFA Cup qualifying round draw.

Seeded teams
Romanian club FC Steaua Bucuresti and FK Crvena Zvezda of Serbia and Montenegro, winners of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1986 and 1991 respectively, will be joined by the 1970 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup champions Manchester City FC. All three teams are seeded in the draw, which takes place in Nyon, Switzerland at 14.00CET on Friday.

Ten groups
For the draw, the 82 entrants have been divided in half into seeded and unseeded sides, and then placed into ten different groups lettered A to J based on geographical criteria and in accordance with the club coefficient ranking list.

How it works
Groups A to I will have two bowls of balls each made up of four seeds and four non-seeds while Group J will have a bowl of balls containing five seeds and another bowl with five non-seeds. To determine the draw, a ball will be taken from each bowl and these will be shuffled in an empty bowl. The first team drawn will play the first leg at home against the second team drawn.

August matches
This procedure will be carried out until all 41 qualifying round ties have been decided. Any fixture reversals and changes of date will then be confirmed by UEFA at 15.30CET. The set dates for the two-legged ties are 14 and 28 August.

First-round entrants
Aside from RC Lens and City, teams from Spain, Italy, England, Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands and Turkey all enter the UEFA Cup in the first round, together with the cup winners from Portugal, Russia, Czech Republic, Scotland, Ukraine, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Norway and Israel.

Champions League losers
In addition to these teams, the 16 losing sides in the Champions League third qualifying round will enter the competition in the first round, and the eight third-placed teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage will join in the third round. The UEFA Cup final will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden on 19 May 2004.

UEFA Champions League first qualifying round draw
First leg matches: 16 July 2003
Second leg matches: 23 July 2003
Teams - seeded/unseeded
1 - HJK Helsinki (FIN) 11 - FC BATE Borisov (BEL)
2 - Skonto FC (LAT) 12 - Sliema Wanderers FC (MLT)
3 - Omonia AC (CYP) 13 - Barry Town AFC (WAL)
4 - Bohemian FC (IRL) 14 - FC Pyunik (ARM)
5 - FC Sheriff (MOL) 15 - KF Tirana (ALB)
6 - FC Dinamo Tblisi (GEO) 16 - FC Flora (EST)
7 - FK Leotar (BHZ) 17 - Glentoran FC (NIR)
8 - FBK Kaunas (LIT) 18 - CS Grevenmacher (LUX)
9 - KR Reykjavík (ISL) 19 - HB Tórshavn (FAR)
10 - FK Vardar (MKD) 20 - FC Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ)

UEFA Champions League second qualifying round draw
First leg matches: 30 July 2003
Second leg matches: 6 August 2003
Teams - seeded/unseeded
Celtic FC (SCO) Djurgårdens IF (SWE)
RSC Anderlecht (BEL) AFC Rapid Bucuresti (ROM)
SK Slavia Praha (CZE) NK Maribor (SLO)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) MŠK Žilina (SVK)
Wisla Kraków (POL) Winners match 1
NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) Winners match 2
Grazer AK (AUT) Winners match 3
FK Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) Winners match 4
FK Partizan (YUG) Winners match 5
CH (DEN)* Winners match 6
Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) Winners match 7
PFC CSKA Sofia (BUL) Winners match 8
MTK Hungária FC(HUN) Winners match 9
PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS) Winners match 10
*The championship in Denmark will be decided on Sunday.

So the team that partizan should "aviod" in the draw would be Djurgardens and the best team to play would be would be FC Irtysh Pavlodar .... so in conclusion it doesn't matter who we play as these teams really suck

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 23:02
Rising Star

I like everyones chances except that I do not know what Sartid will do to improve as I think they went downhill last year.
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 23:54
World Class Player

Teams: Serbia, PFC
Helsinki (judging from what the Finnish nt did to us ) and MSk Zilina (Slovakians will be tricky) are the only two teams which I hope we avoid.. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.. I'd actually like to draw Maribor and have at least some revenge on the Slovenians from WC 2002..

VOLIM PARTIZAN
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 01:36 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Parni Valjak
Helsinki (judging from what the Finnish nt did to us ) and MSk Zilina (Slovakians will be tricky) are the only two teams which I hope we avoid.. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.. I'd actually like to draw Maribor and have at least some revenge on the Slovenians from WC 2002..

Yah i would like to pound Maribor into the ground as well.....we would absolutely murder them.....and our fans should repay to what happened at the euro waterpolo championships as well

post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 11:51
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Teams: Partizan
Bad luck I think, Djurgården is Partizan's opponent. This team is much better than Hammarby was when we played them.
We could have gotten an easier draw, but still, we should win.

I will tell you more about them since that team is the mostly covered team by the swedish media, plus I've seen probably five games with them this season.

E1

Last edited by Komik; June 20th, 2003 at 11:53.
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 13:18
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!

I agree P-zan lucked out in the initial draw.

But Sartid hit the jackpot, Sarajevo-Sartid

Let's see what RS will get.
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 13:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Crvena Zvezda - Nistru Otaci

What can I say, bring on the first real opponent.

Nah I've recently seen the Moldavian NT play Holland and they looked pretty decent, I believe we shouldnt underestimate them but I doubt Muslin will do that. Usually speaking we should go through without too much of a hassle.

Our new run begins in Belgrade and every year I hope for a good result but with Muslin back in charge chances of that have increased, of course you need luck with the draw but if we're able to build a decent team then I can see us making the spring part of the UEFA Cup.
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 14:08
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
Lagano dobijamo, odlicna tekma za zagrijavanje.

Partizan really doesn't seem to have any luck in these draws (not that we've had much recently, either) but they should still be able to beat the Swedes. The only thing is that nobody seems to be mentioning all those new signings from before (Tarnat, Moldovan etc.). What's happening with that?

The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 15:19
Legend
Legend

Opet Svedjani

A Sartid mora da razbije Sarajevo...jednostavno mora

A Zvezda, kao i obicno u 1. krugu, moze da iskulira
post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 15:58
World Class Player

Moldovan is 99% sure off to Qatar.
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 16:14
Kfor, Eulex = OUT!!
Premier Player

Teams: Partizan / Serbian NT
Red star even got a thread abou them on UEFA.COM ...

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEF...sId=75826.html

PA R T I Z A N S A M P I O N
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 17:11
World Class Player

e u pm

Predstavnik Djugardena u Nionu, Bo Lunkvist, nije bio obradovan ishodom zreba:

"Partizan je prejaka ekipa. Prosle sezone su na jednostavan nacin elimisali Hamarbi, bojim se da cemo doziveti istu sudbinu, izjavio je Bo Lunkvist."

well at least they seem more worried than us.. But again we lucked out on the draw, no doubt.. As well it's a disadvantage that the first game is being played in Belgrade.. However, if we aren't able to knock them out then we don't deserve to be in the CL!

NAPRED PARTIZAN!

VOLIM PARTIZAN
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 17:37 Thread Starter
International

Okay,
I'm actually looking positively at this against Djugardens. Cuz look. Maybe they will have played 10 games already in their league (which isn't that great anyway). But we will have played 2 tournaments by that time and with lothar being serious about these preparations that will also help ALOT. so okay they will play 10 games..probably against crap teams since hammarby is like a powerhouse over there ..and we raped them last year in beograd. Also, we will play besiktas, kaiserslautern, anderlecht and some more.
Another positive thing about this is that (we will make the 3rd round for sure) whoever we draw in the 3rd round will be REALLY GOOD so we may as well play the best team we could have gotten from the 2nd round than some messed up 1st round loser who we would crush and go into the 3rd round with false hopes.
I still haven't heard Lothar's response to the draw. I am really interested in what he is going to say.....but for now all i have to say is
PFC SAMPION

post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 18:18
Forum Manager
Premier Player

These are some interesting facts I can come up with right now:

-They will have played 15 games in the league before playing aginst Partizan
-They will have one trining match against West Ham who fell out of the premier league
-They lead the swedish league with 26-8 goal difference
-Their two best players Källström and Elmander will probably leave before the games against Partizan, but that's not for sure ofcourse
-The transfer window here opens july 1st I think and Djurgården needs to strengthen their defence I think, and they probably will
-One of their coaches (they have a two) is Zoran Lukic who probably knows a lot abou our football since he is a serb from Bosnia
-The team has a lot of confidence (especially Zoran) and one of their players said that "OK draw, I think we'll beat them" so these guys are not scared
-They play attacking 4-3-3 and use Elmander (Swedish U21 and 2 caps with the seniors, loan from Feyenoord) as their top striker with Stefanidis (Swedish U21, quick, technical) and Wowoah (also technical, but stronger than Stefanidis) on the wings. Their midfield motor is Källström who is becoming a Swedish NT regular and has a very good game. He has a good left foot and he really knows how to shoot and pass with it. Dangerous free kicks, but we have Ivica so no worries Källströms problem is speed. Otherwise very complete.
The goalkeeper is a Swdish NT player (Isaksson)who is very good but still not 100% secure I think (but which goalkeeper is?), but I mean, he can hanlde situations in an insecure way, like our Ivica does with crosses. At the back they have a u21 Swedish NT player at left, Dorsin, who is a good player, but other than that thay will have problems there with Lazovic and Illiev and the rest.

I guess it's a long time left before the game, so we'll see how it will look in a couple of weeks.

E1

Last edited by Komik; June 20th, 2003 at 18:22.
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 18:28
World Class Player

Kezman_9, thanks for such an insightful and informative post.. If they are as you describe them then we will have our hands full, unless we get some of those "promised" stronger foreigners. At the moment, let's face it, our team is worse than it was last season.. Without it's best player, Taribo West (who hasn't responded to Lothar's call up) and the managment have only signed two new players (both domestic and hardly enough to compete for the CL).. Ahh, I am feeling unfortunately a bit pessimistic at the moment..

What's happening with Mirkovic and Djordjevic (I hear the cigans have also entered the race for him.. and with Binic being the head of Obilic it wouldn't suprise me if he went and played in that hole).. The list of available Inter players for us has been talked about for days, but it still hasn't come to Partizan's office (yesterday Lothar said that they are expecting it as soon as today..However, Bjekovic said a similiar thing earlier this week!)..

This current team will be more than enough to capture a third straight title, but not good enough for the CL.. Better players from abroad have to come ASAP!

VOLIM PARTIZAN
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 19:37
Legend

6 CS Grevenmacher (LUX) v FK Leotar (BHZ)
Winners match 6 v SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

and if Leotar wins then they go on to play Slavia Praha.
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 20:58
Legend
Legend

Leotaru su protiv Ceha sanse minimalne....

Quote:
whoever we draw in the 3rd round will be REALLY GOOD so we may as well play the best team we could have gotten from the 2nd round than some messed up 1st round loser who we would crush and go into the 3rd round with false hopes.

Tu se skroz slazem.
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2003, 21:37
BANNED!
Rising Star

Teams: FC Pelister and Macedonia NT
WHO WILL ZVEZDA PLAY AFTER THE MOLDOVIAN TEAM ???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.