Xtratime Community banner

Brazilian talents.

53K views 244 replies 74 participants last post by  Ashahrylneyzan 
#1 ·
Hello everybody.

I made a similar thread in the Chile forum, and it seems to work fine, so i tought i could start one here as well.

Brazil has alot of young and promising talents, so in this thread i hope we can gather information on them, and how they´re developing.

I will make some profiles on some of them soon, and hope others also can make similar profiles on players you know have a big talent and a bright future.

#2 · (Edited)

Alexandre Pato - 18 - Forward - Milan - Brazil

Pato looks like one of the most promosing players in Brazil at the time. In his debut for Internacional he scored 1 goal and assisted 2, not bad for a seventeen year old! He has very good dribbling skills, a nice touch and good speed, and it sems like he hold his head cold in important situasions. It looks like he have a really bright future ahead of him. His nickname is "the duck."

Update 2008:
Alexandre Pato has signed for the italian giants Milan, after impressing play in the Brasiliero 2007. On 26 games for Internacional he scored 12 goals. He also done well for the U20-NT last year, scoring 8 goals in 13 matches. With Milan he has also got a flying start, with 5 goals in 7 Serie A matches. He also played good in Milans CL match against Arsenal, and has a great future ahead of him in Europe.

Some videoclips here, here and here.

#4 · (Edited)

Lucas Leiva - 87 - Midfielder - Liverpool - Brazil

The Gremio player are one of the most popular transfer targets from Brazil these days, and some big european clubs are after his signature. Lucas where awarded the best player of the Brasiliero in 2006, which was a great acchievement for such a young player.

He´s primary a defensive midfielder, but showed in the Sudamericana Sub-20 07 that he also is a good scorer, ending the tournament with 4 goals. He has good vision and passing skills, and often starts good attacks, and is a workhorse with full throttle every match. He led the team in a fine way in the Sudamericana Sub-20 07, and Brazil were crowned champions.

Update 2008:
Liverpool were the lucky club that finally signed Lucas from Gremio, after interest from other topclubs. They bought in the summer of 2007. He has been struggling a bit in the start at Liverpool, but seems to get more used to the climate and lifestyle as time goes by.

He has been a bit up and down in his performances when he has got the chance, but have shown glimpes of how big potential he has. So hopefulle he will turn out a very good player in the future.

Some videoclips here and here

#5 ·

Jo, Brazil, Forward, CSKA Moskva. Age: 19.

Jo made an immediate impact for CSKA Moskva after his move from Corinthians in 2006. He scored about 24 goals in his first 25 games and looked very promising. he scored with both feet, on headers and from the penalty spot. He was on fire. But then he got an serious injury, and haven´t played much latley. Hope he can get back to his solid form soon, and mabye Brazil have another quality striker in their hands.

A clip here.

#6 · (Edited)

Marcelo, Brazil, Left back, Real Madrid. Age: 18.

Well, i guess everybody knows about the talent of this boy. His name got well known after signing for Real Madrid in the january transfer window this year. He´s very fast, has good tecnique and is a good finisher aswell. This guy will fill the shoes of Roberto Carlos in both Real and Brazil NT in the future.

Some clips here, here, here, here, here and here.

#7 ·

Lenny, Brazil, Fluminense, Forward. Age: 18.

Lenny had some great goals last season, and looked to be a great talent, but suddenley he seemed to disapear from the spotlight. He has great speed and tecnique, and i hope he gets back on track soon. Can anybody in here tell me more about him, or don´t you have anything to add maybe?

A great goal from him here.

#8 · (Edited)

Anderson -88 - Midfielder - Manchester United - Brazil

Anderson is one of the biggest talents in brazilian football these days, and it looks like he can be the new big star in the world within a couple of years. He has the skill, he has the speed, he has the vision and he has the passing. He is one of the best talents I have ever seen, and he has a matureness you not often see in so young players. I hope he soon will be back in play after a long term injury, and keep on with his developing at Porto.

Update 2008:
The time has passed by, and now this extremley talented boy is making his mark at one of the worlds biggest clubs, Manchester United. As I wrote when I first made this profil, were I said he could be a new world star, well that looks to be about pretty right when you seehow he´s been playing for Manchester United lately. And within a year people will say he´s one of the best midfielder in the world, MARK my word. ;-)

Some clips here here, here and here.

#9 · (Edited)

Eduardo Ratinho - 88 - Right back - Corinthians - Brazil

Eduardo made his debut for Corinthians only 17 years old against Goais, August 17, 2005. He has impressed with his speed, freekicks and dribbling ability, and has since then played over 60 games for his club.

Update 2008:
Eduardo is still owned by Corinthians, or some agency, but has the last year been on some loan spells with eusopean clubs. In the second half of 2007 he tried his luck with the russian team CSKA Moskva, and got some experinence in the Champions League. Now his on loan with the french side Toulouse. I think he will get sold in the summerwindow.

#10 · (Edited)

Celsinho - 88 - Midfielder/Forward - Sporting Lisboa - Brazil

Celsinho played in the russian league, but failed to be sucsessful there. He was bought to Lokmotiv after impressing in the U17-WC 2005. Some people compare him with Ronaldinho because of his style of play. So he has good dribbling skills, pace and vision as his strenghts.

In the january transferwindow 2008, Sporting Lisboa decided to give this talented player a chance, and have signed him on a loan deal, with possibilties to buy him in the summer.

A videoclip here.

#11 · (Edited)

Kerlon - 88 - Midfielder - Cruzeiro - Brazil

Kerlon was for a few years ago rated as one of the best talents in Brazil for a long time. He has great tecnique, passing skills and a deadly freekick. He was linked with topclubs all over Europe, but then got a serious injury, that kept him from playing for a while.

He has since then been struggling with more serious injuries, but was back on track in the Brasiliero 07 last season. In the closing part he got some playing time and did well.

If he had gotten the time after the season was finished to train hard, I tought he could be sucsesful this year, and have his final breaktrough on senior level. But again he had an injury blow, and he will be out most of the season. What an unlucky kid this is!

Some videoclips here and here.

#15 ·
Ok guys, just saw one of Renato Augustos goals on a freekick, and it seemed he had a very powerfull shot, but obviously i was wrong.

Feel free to add more information, or correct me if i wrong, like leone did. I don´t see these players week in and week out, so its kinda hard to get too much info on them. ;)

#16 ·

Denilson, Brazil, Midfielder, Arsenal. Age: 18 (19 on February 16)

Denilson have taken the English Premiership like a storm the last months, with cracking displays in both the league, FA cup and Carling cup. He seems to be the real deal this young brazilian. He is quite similar to Cesc in his playing style. Very mature and calm on the pitch, with great passing and positioning ability on the field. He is captain for Brazil U-19, but i guess he soon will be moved up to U-21 level the way he´s developing. His merits as a player so far is following:

- South American Championship (U-17): 2005
- Libertadores Cup: 2005
- FIFA Club World Championship: 2005

A clip here

#17 ·
Snatch81, you were only wrong (to this day) about Renato Augusto. Your profile for Lucas is just fine.

What I said was mainly to help people interested on him, as when you first read that a player is a DM, you'll think about Makelele, Emerson, that kind of player.

Lucas is a DM with playmaking abilities. He has the vision and the quality needed for a through pass, as he showed on his latest game against Cerro Porteño. He also got character and a poweful shot from long range.

#21 ·
It is not like Emerson is having the time of his life right now... What happens when a limited player is take off his habit, where the protections to his limitations are removed?
In a way, people will say, Capello is doing a Luxemburgo?

A thing good about it, next time we have to watch a Ukraine vs. Swiss game, we will see something good, because soon there will be a couple of brazies, some africans, who knows an argie (I am sure lots of argies are born in Genebra) and perhaps even a colombian...

#22 ·

Renatinho, Brazil, Forward, Santos. Age: 19.

Renato Carlos Martins Junior are his full name, but he goes by the name Renatinho. He is born May 14, 1987 in Sao Vicente, and made his full professional debut against Figueirense in a 2-1 away defeat on July 12, 2006. He is highly regarded by both Santos and the media who, even at his young age, they are tipping him to be the next Ronaldo. But thats the way the media operates every time there is a new talent in their sights, so it´s hard to tell what he will become. I have never seen him play, but I know he has played about 10 games for Santos, and have yet to score a goal, correct me if I´m wrong. He has an enormous buy-out clause, with
14 million £, so it don´t look like Santos will lose this boy for nothing.

#23 ·

Fagner, Brazil, Defender, PSV Eindoven. Age: 17.

Fagner is born June 11, 1989, and he played for Corinthians before leaving to Europe. He went to PSV for free, and this wasn´t very appriciated by Corinthians of course, that felt robbed for one of their most talented players. Fagner represented Brazils winning side in the Sudamericano Sub-20 this year, when he played their last three matches of the tournament, wich is very impressive for a 17 year old. Doing so good considering his young age makes him an interesting prospect to follow in the future.

#25 ·
He went to PSV for free, and this wasn´t very appriciated by Corinthians of course, that felt robbed for one of their most talented players.
Nice thread of U
but now this is synonymous with your name(sorry couldn´t help it:)
Damn, what happened with that rule of not allowed to sell under 18 players.
Only contracted I fear.
At least he went to a good youth club and have some fellow brazilians.
Not getting dumped like Elton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.