Ardiles plans dangerous attacking style for Beitar - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:39 Thread Starter
ags
Premier Player

Teams: Betar Jerusalem, USA NT, Israel NT
Ardiles plans dangerous attacking style for Beitar

New Betar Jerusalem manager Ossie Ardiles said he intends to bring a "dangerous and aggressive" style of attacking football to the club.

The former Tottenham Hotspur and Swindon coach spoke passionately about his plans to mold a team capable of taking the Israeli Premier League title, and said he would not be averse to employing the controversial diamond formation at Betar.

"Last year we finished in third place and now we want to finish in first place," Ardiles stated at the press conference held at the David Citadel Hotel in the capital. "We are very happy to be in the UEFA Cup, but of course we would like to be in the Champions League. So this will be a very important season for us, and we are going to do everything possible to achieve that."

"I played with Luis Fernandez at Paris Saint Germain in 1982. He was the only one who spoke Spanish so we immediately had a friendship. He helped me a lot... He was just starting out but he was a wonderful player.

"I talked with him yesterday and we had a very long chat. We talked about the club. He told me to be careful with the press here."

Since Ardiles agreed to join the club Betar has opened negotiations with a number of players, including former Hapoel Tel Aviv captain Shimon Gershon. Ardiles said he had given the club permission "to sign as many Israeli players as possible."

The Argentinian, who answered all questions in English, said he had watched videos and DVDs of the current Betar squad while in his Dubai hotel room before flying to Israel and said he was "pretty happy" with the squad he has.

He confirmed that Frenchmen Fabrice Fernandes and Jerome Leroy would be staying at the club, but he is also looking at bring in three foreigners in - a defensive midfielder and two strikers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:23
Star Player

Teams: ISRAEL NT, Maccabi Haifa, Bayern München
2 strikers? one will do, no? Asulin is back on bench.....i knew this crap would happen and this guy is one of our main future strikers for the NT, i hope he gets a fair amount of minutes. A defensive midfielder is a good move, but keep Fernandes, i really hate the guy, he's gonna cause problems unless Ardiles knows how to put him in his place. Does anyone know how Ardiles handles players like Fernandes in the past?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:07
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
how about 1 defence, 1 midfield and 1 striker...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 16:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
I seriously hope he won't do it, playing with 1 holding midfielder is a disaster IMO.

Also it's a very bad decision to keep Fabrice Fernandes when you have Zandberg. And besides it doesn't look like we're after foreign players at all, we just freed N'sumbo for no reason??? We have 2 foreigners and the squad is nearly complete, I just hope that we'll sign some serious players and not pisspoor foreigners like the ones Hapoel Tel Aviv choose.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 19:17
BANNED!
International

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem/Israel & Juventus/Italy
If he brings two strikers, then I hope Asulin is released . He'll just be pissed on the bench and create problems. There are too many players..........

Players who should be released IMO :

Malichi
Azu
Afek
Danin
Asulin
Fernandes

Players who should be bought :

Tamuz
1 foreigner striker
1 foreigner DM
1 RB ? maybe another keeper...

This should be our lineup IMO:

------Kornfine----
-New RB/Ziv-----Gershon (Amsalem)----Ben Yosef----Gafni (Ziv/Amsalem)
---------------Alberman (New DM?)-------------
---------Bruchian----------------Zandberg------
----------Leroy----------------------------
-------------Tamuz (Ben Shushan/New Striker?)-------Itzchaki

So many players but I think he'll stick with only Alberman as DM and perhaps Brucihian will defend more, because he's offensive... still who knows.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2006, 13:43
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
Your lineup looks pretty much spot on. But I think Asulin will be prefered over Itzhaki, Tamuz will not be a starter since we will bring a foreign attacker and Fernandes will probably become a right winger since he can also play on the right. I prefer Bruchian of course...

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.