Contra stays with Alaves - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2000, 02:11 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Romania
After all the speculation and all the papers reporting that Cosmin Contra has signed with this or that team, Contra is staying with Alaves for another season

I am kind of dissapointed as I would have liked to see him play for a team like Barca or Zaragoza and show his skills. But the one good thing to come out of his staying is that he will play 90 mintues every game Alaves plays, which is good for his form when he comes to the Romanian national team.

Tricolor pina la moarte!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2000, 08:07
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Argentina & Lazio
after all these cheap rumors of him going to barca, it finally was untrue....do you think alves can keep on playing good and avoid relegation? IMHO, alves is going to face tougher teams and a way better league than last year. they will not be top 10 in La Liga
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2000, 08:35 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Romania
Yah last year was a breakthrough year for them. They are going to be a midtable team next year. And I don't know what you're talking about when you say "can they avoid relegation next season"... of course they can.

But the rumors of Barca and Zaragoza wanting him were true, Alaves and Zaragoza were apparently very close to agreeing to a price while Barca was suppsed to have signed him, but I dunno what happend to that. But I think Alaves raised the price at the last moment.

Tricolor pina la moarte!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2000, 10:11
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Argentina & Lazio
it was a big mistake for contra....instead of stepping upwards, he went downwards. alves will not be really good next year and who know! they might get relegated.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2000, 00:39
Legend

Glad to hear this, at least he won't be reinforcing the real rivals Besides La Liga can use all the great players possible

Wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten...
look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!
Way down south in Dixie!

Gooooooooooooooooo Rebelsssssssssssssssss!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.