Chaos in Turkey - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Ganteng lol. Probably still makes you blush every single time you hear it.

Sad to see how things are going. The Barbaros Sansal incident.
Just wondering how long will Erdogan be hero worshiped by the majority? sure people's lives improved between 2000 and 2010, especially in Anatolia, but can that credit last forever? with the chaos now which risks turning Turkey into a Pakistan, the last thing you want.
Sure Erdogan is looking for new friends in the East with Russia and China, but they'll be wondering what kind of leader they got signed up. One day being friends with Assad, then turning 180 degrees in order to support rebels in Syria and then now when realizing that Russian intervention will make Assad survive, signing up to ally themselves with Russia, while suffering heavy losses too at Al Bab.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Last edited by Wally; January 3rd, 2017 at 11:20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2017, 17:25
Jin Xing
Premier Player

Teams: the Toothless Lions
I liked this; very much what I have been thinking while reading about Turkey lately:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.8b82fbcb8aa2
szövkap likes this.

______
The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed'
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2017, 22:28
#DontCrackUnderPressure
Xtratime Legend

Good article.

I hope there is an "intelligent secular exodus", or a successful assassination attempt on Erdogan.

#DontCrackUnderPressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Volunteering for Mandingo nr 6.

Standing over him with a scowl after the first 5 rekt him so hard he'll wish he was a stranded nguru.
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2017, 23:43
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Wouldn't matter much if Erdogan died, would it? Fertility rates killed secularism in Turkey. Sure, the Kemalist base was a minority too back in the day, but not quite so small a minority.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shall-Relig...3831272&sr=1-1

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2017, 07:25
#DontCrackUnderPressure
Xtratime Legend

It would matter.

But even if it didn't, it would give me great satisfaction.

#DontCrackUnderPressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Volunteering for Mandingo nr 6.

Standing over him with a scowl after the first 5 rekt him so hard he'll wish he was a stranded nguru.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2017, 12:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Videoton, Tajik NT
religions

religious people
YBC likes this.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2017, 16:52
Master Debater
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
Wouldn't matter much if Erdogan died, would it? Fertility rates killed secularism in Turkey. Sure, the Kemalist base was a minority too back in the day, but not quite so small a minority.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shall-Relig...3831272&sr=1-1
Dude this is so true.

Every other religious Anatolian family you see is popping out 3-6 kids. I'm in my 30s and nearly every single secular Turk I know of my generation has no children. Apparently this isn't just a European problem. Smart people worldwide are dying off.

Maybe it is just nature putting in a correction. Maybe Humans aren't meant to evolve past a certain point. Maybe the human race isn't ready for it and this is nature's way of raising interest rates to slow down the rate of intellectual growth.

In America the smartest segments of society have just stopped reproducing, same goes for Europe. Look at Asia, places like Japan and Korea are having the same exact problem. Now you can add Turkey to this list as well. I'm sure if we dig deep enough we'll find other nations where the cream of their society have stopped reproducing.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 14:05
Star Player

Teams: HR, Juventus, Feyenoord
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
Dude this is so true.

Every other religious Anatolian family you see is popping out 3-6 kids. I'm in my 30s and nearly every single secular Turk I know of my generation has no children. Apparently this isn't just a European problem. Smart people worldwide are dying off.

Maybe it is just nature putting in a correction. Maybe Humans aren't meant to evolve past a certain point. Maybe the human race isn't ready for it and this is nature's way of raising interest rates to slow down the rate of intellectual growth.

In America the smartest segments of society have just stopped reproducing, same goes for Europe. Look at Asia, places like Japan and Korea are having the same exact problem. Now you can add Turkey to this list as well. I'm sure if we dig deep enough we'll find other nations where the cream of their society have stopped reproducing.
I like the joke about condoms, you probably know it. Why are condoms bad for evolution and humanity? Because only smart people think about when to use them.
shiaben likes this.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 14:53
Master Debater
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by croato View Post
I like the joke about condoms, you probably know it. Why are condoms bad for evolution and humanity? Because only smart people think about when to use them.
My buddies and I crack that joke at least twice a week. We're calling it a joke but there is A LOT of truth in it.

There have even been times we've gone into deep debates about it, of how the world would look and how things would work if contraception didn't exist. Some claim it would be an issue as the world economy and world food sources would not be able to sustain that much growth. Me personally I think there is only one solution. Everybody should breed, including people with great genes. As far as the problem with resources, well according to the rules of nature those who aren't fit are supposed to die off. For this to work we'd have to put our emotions and petty morality aside and look at the big picture, things like welfare, free healthcare and all the other mumbo jumbo that keep morons alive would have to be cut.

Essentially those are the only two options. Either you bite the bullet and let morons die or you go with the current system and accept that the human race will slowly devolve. The movie Idiocracy was a slap stick comedy yet has an uncanny ability to tell us where the human race is heading.

So the question is simple, chaos and suffering now and a better future for humanity. Or do things that make us feel good in the short term and leave the chaos and destruction of human civilization in the distant future.

I ask you Croato, how many kids do you have? lol I'd be willing to bet a lot you're in the same boat as me. A big fat ZERO. We're part of the problem.

Last edited by yeniceri; January 9th, 2017 at 20:35.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 16:14
Star Player

Teams: HR, Juventus, Feyenoord
Quote:
My buddies and I crack that joke at least twice a week. We're calling it a joke but there is A LOT of truth in it.

There have even been times we've gone into deep debates about it, of how the world would look and how things would work of contraception didn't exist. Some claim it would be an issue as the world economy and world food sources would not be able to sustain that much growth. Me personally I think there is only one solution. Everybody should breed, including people with great genes. As far as the problem with resources, well according to the rules of nature those who aren't fit are supposed to die off. For this to work we'd have to put our emotions and petty morality aside and look at the big picture, things like welfare, free healthcare and all the other mumbo jumbo that keep morons alive would have to be cut.

Essentially those are the only two options. Either you bite the bullet and let morons die or you go with the current system and accept that the human race will slowly devolve. The movie Idiocracy was a slap stick comedy yet has an uncanny ability to tell us where the human race is heading.

So the question is simple, chaos and suffering now and a better future for humanity. Or do things that make us feel good in the short term and leave the chaos and destruction of human civilization in the distant future.

I ask you Croato, how many kids do you have? lol I'd be willing to bet a lot you're in the same boat as me. A big fat ZERO. We're part of the problem.
You are right. Zero. And my mum cant sleep because of it. Im harrassed when Im on the balkans by my family. People think theres something wrong with you. When I talk to my dad that there is no god and that the only eternity youll get is to live on through your children he responds by saying, well you atheist, start making children then...And hes right. But Im not easy to live with. I know that. I joke sometimes and say that I need Roberta, myself but with a vagina. That would be awesome...
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 16:19
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
Meh, I'd rather not bring another life into this messed up world.
shiaben likes this.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 20:33
Master Debater
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesilTimsah View Post
That is the cop out every single successful guy without kids uses. There might be some truth to it but for the most part we're just lying to ourselves.

We don't have kids because we're so god damned comfortable and selfish we aren't willing to put forth the sacrifice it takes. In this sense your intelligence betrays you, you're smart enough to look down the road and analyze all the potential problems and hassles that come with it.

The second problem is what feminism has done to society. Why give away all these great comforts only to be married to some bitch who doesn't believe she has to hold up her end of the biological contract. You're either risking life long misery and servitude to this bitch, or you end up getting out. Getting out might be worse, you lose most of your net worth, she'll take a huge chunk of your future earnings and you will lose your kids.

Obviously this is a very simplistic version but I would imagine it comes extremely close to explaining why able men with high IQs and access to vast resources are not reproducing. It is a raw deal.

post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 20:45
TTM
Forum Manager
World Class Player

meh, I'll take kind people over "smart" people every. single. time.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2017, 21:52
\(*_*)/
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale, IFK Mariehamn
And then we have those rare cases with people who are both kind and smart, like Szövvy.

@szövkap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 01:10
Master Debater
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
meh, I'll take kind people over "smart" people every. single. time.
The question was never framed where people are either kind or smart.

It is actually quite the opposite. As humans and the civilizations they build advance, brutality tends to decrease.

Look at the human rights records in third world nations where the average IQ is very low vs the human rights records of advanced nations where the average IQ is high.

I can't say there is any direct correlation between intelligence and kindness but if a correlation must be drawn. It is easier to establish that smarter people as a collective tend to be more kind.

So I'll take smart and kind people over dumb and callus people any day of the week.

post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 01:36
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Yankees, Giants
Quote:
You're either risking life long misery and servitude to this bitch, or you end up getting out. Getting out might be worse, you lose most of your net worth, she'll take a huge chunk of your future earnings and you will lose your kids.
Hence the invention of the affair.
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 04:31
Master Debater
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
Hence the invention of the affair.
Not cool meyn , the family is the bedrock of civilization. The barbarian hordes lack impulse control

If you're a cheating husband, you're just as bad as a single mother who's ruining civilization as we know it.

post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 04:46
TTM
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
The question was never framed where people are either kind or smart.

It is actually quite the opposite. As humans and the civilizations they build advance, brutality tends to decrease.

Look at the human rights records in third world nations where the average IQ is very low vs the human rights records of advanced nations where the average IQ is high.

I can't say there is any direct correlation between intelligence and kindness but if a correlation must be drawn. It is easier to establish that smarter people as a collective tend to be more kind.

So I'll take smart and kind people over dumb and callus people any day of the week.
Well, I'm pretty sure it is just as easy to establish one vice another, because, well, it's pretty much impossible

I think with the advent of modern technology, humankind has the capability to do much more damage to one another than at any other time in history. In the 20th century, the world saw the introduction of nuclear weapons that were actually used on other humans. It saw some of the worse genocides, if not THE worst genocides in human history. Lots of smart people were involved in those genocides. One might argue that it is smart evil people using dumb people, evil or not, to **** things up.
shiaben likes this.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 11:43
Cultural Bandit
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Manchester Utd
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesilTimsah View Post
Damn bruh, so woke that that's a wokeslam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P. Tazzy
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2017, 11:46
Cultural Bandit
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Manchester Utd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Damn bruh, so woke that that's a wokeslam.
Turns out I just invented the word. Copyrighted. Watch some idiot put this on blast on Twitter and pretend they made it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P. Tazzy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.