So, Jeff wrote me another letter (still no homo) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
So, Jeff wrote me another letter (still no homo)

Although this one did smell of perfume and was dusted with glitter.

Again, hand written and sent in the regular mail. The stamp had a Koala bear on it and it cost him nearly $3.

This one is a beast. The first letter was only six pages and was on note paper. This one is NINE pages and it's written on A4! It will take me a while.

Here are the first two pages...

------

"For Bill,

Sorry, I haven't gone on that walk yet, as you suggested. Right now I wanted to write a short story that I hope will provide some fun for both of us. It's based on a story that I read very recently, but shortened and I'm incorporating some people we're familiar with.

As usual I'm struggling to figure on a suitable starting point. Hopefully once I begin my writing will flow well enough.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL

Marie stood shivering at the bus stop. All across Europe and in parts of Northern Africa there had been reports of snow, these conditions were affecting so many. And it wasn't just the blistery winter chills that were proving bothersome for Marie. Not for the first time one of the Somalian residents had taken a noticable interest in her and was trying to attract her attention, which she brushed aside.

Finally the bus arrived, Marie sighed with relief. She stepped on board and walked to the back of the bus, away from the rest of the commuters. She had had a late night with too little sleep and she needed quiet, as little disturbance as possible. She was at least glad her job wasn't too chaotic, a small business with a loyal clientele but alltogether not too many customers.

She worked at Benten-tei, a place which specialiased in Japanese box lunches. It was run and operated by a married couple. Marie would serve customers at the counter. It was often thought by some of the staff that the more regular customers frequented their eatery because of Marie's allure. Especially suspicions were hightened when the regulars were absent on the days Marie didn't show up for work.

For years Jeff's life had felt barren. His brain was a wasteland. There was no purpose, he was merely existing. He often contemplated suicide but he knew he didn't have the courage to do it. In his opinion, people who thought those who killed themselves were cowards - they are very wrong. People are terrified of death, of losing their life, and to take that kind of action... I wish I could find the perfect words to describe what kind of immense despair that person would be in. And yet I was doing nothing, an utter shell, day after day. And in those years I had accepted my fate of mostly existing until death took me.
"

------

If she takes care of her husband's diet she will have less time to speak about me.

Last edited by Ronaldwho?; February 21st, 2012 at 04:43.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:13
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Great start waiting for next part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:19
TTM
Forum Manager
International

Damn. Damn.
post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:35 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Page 2

------

"I had some solaces, some escapes to take to take with me in my life. I enjoyed burying my head in a novel or any kind of book, whether to find people to connect to (which may sound depressing, but was a source of comfort), or escaping into a very different World and learning different things.

My appartment is very messy, strewn pieces of paper, paperbacks and hardbacks stacked haphazrdly all over the living room. I'd seen a documentary about people who "hoard", "hoarders", those who accumulate an inordinate amount of "stuff"... and no matter what it is or how useless, they keep it. Rooms can become impossible to pass through, well, I doubt I was a hoarder, but my room was very messy.

The rooms in the appartment complex had very thin walls as well. I can hear the voices of my neighbours who had moved in recently and introduced themselves to me. They were two young women, a friend and her roommate, who sounded like she had a Russian accent.

The two women were more beautiful than any I had ever seen in my life, especially the first who introduced herself as "Marie". I have never been comfortable around people however and in front of such ladies as these two I hesitate to accont my conduct to them. It was difficult to look them in the eye; my speech was short and stammery. In short I did myself no favours. Shameful and humiliating.

Still despite my regrets, my life felt renewed thereupon. Through the cracked walls I could hear a smattering of conversation held between Marie and her roommate. Anything that I could pick up on in association to them would make me happy, hearing their voices, passing by through the corridor to say hello.

I began to grow increasingly obsessed in the lives of my neighbours. Often for hours, I would attach my head to the wall and listen intently to their regular conversation. Doing this I began to pick up on certain details, that if I used it correctly, I could possibly get closer to Marie.
"

------

If she takes care of her husband's diet she will have less time to speak about me.
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I haven't even read it all myself yet. I'm reading it as I type it so I'm not sure when the next page will be done.

post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 17:47
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lazio

Jeff, you creep!

"Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)

"Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them."
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 18:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I'm getting scared where this might be headed

Page 3

------

"What stood out most of all was Marie discussing her work-place goings-on. Jeff learned that she worked at a boxed lunch eatery called Benten-tei which was quite within their vicinity. Quickly his mind harboured images of a visit to that place in which she spoke of.

The next morning Jeff left his appartment for what was for him quite a rare sojourn outside. Departing the block, he headed for the nearby bridge and to the left hit the walkway. From here Benten-tei wouldn't be so far away, just beyond the bridge.

Benten-tei was quite an intimate little set-up. You entered and to the left were the selections, right of that was the counter, to order. It was tiny. Marie stood behind the counter and everytime the bell jingled she would announce "Welcome, may I take your order?" each and every time.

Jeff stepped inside Benten-tei. Marie was occupied with something but she heard the jingle so she said "Welcome, may I take your order?" After she was finished, she looked up and was surprised to see her neighbour. After a few seconds she realised this was his first visit so she pointed him in the direction of the menu options.

Awkwardly Jeff asked, "is there anything especially popular at this place?" Marie considered, "the special is very popular."

Jeff ordered that then waited for the order to be processed. While he waited, another man happened into the tight confines of Benten-tei and casually called out to Marie, "Hey Marie! Tempura Udon, please"

Marie noticed the new figure and her face brightened dramatically. "Bill! Nice to see you! Udon coming right up."

Jeff observed the breif exchange between the two. He had a bad habit of making negative comparisons and here was another case; between Jeff and Marie it had seemed more still and formal, yet still polite enough. Bill and Marie were clearly friends based on the expresions and words used in their dialogue. Jeff couldn't help but feel the envy and jealousy bubbling up inside of him
."

------

Last edited by Ronaldwho?; February 21st, 2012 at 04:47.
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 18:42 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Erm...

Page 4

------

"Jeff accepted his meal and thanked Marie in a subdued voice. Upon leaving he reflected on the man Bill and what relationship he held with Marie, what place he held in her heart. Just looking at him, and listening to him, made him realise how difficult it would be to compete with a man such as that. He was good looking, confident, nice, everything about his body language oozed appeal to women. On the other hand, Jeff was a hermit who awkwardly avoided the eyes of others, could hardly engage, didn't have a strong personality, lacked charisma, too subdued, invisible, no one would ever go for that.

One of the other reasons - one of the few - that Jeff left the confines of his home was to make attendance at the Chateau Roche in the Red Light District. It was quite a popular sado-masochistic hotel. Jeff had noticed that since he was a child he had enjoyed certain kinds of pain and as the years passed he had wanted to explore various new territories of pain.

On this latest occasion he wa stripped naked and surrounded by similarly non clothed men. They were lighting candles and I could distinguish the wax running down the stem of a candle. Soon the naked men by my side were smothering my body with the intesely hot wax of the candle. From my neck to my lips to my back to my feet, the intensity was stunning and as I peaked, I moaned over and over, delirious. Then one of the men began to choke me and I forget when he released his grip, my present state of mind was not steady.

Sometimes during these trips, I might stop off in a bar somewhere for a drink. After the experience with the wax works I had been wandering about and stumbled inside a bar. Eventually I was surprised to see the young man Marie had spoken to, Bill, sitting back on his stool and downing some kind of alcoholic beverage. He appeared relaxed and at peace.

He must have noticed me gawking at him as he beckoned me to come over to his spot. I hesitated but it would have been more awkward to reject him completely.

I sat down beside him. He said "Hey, I saw you in the lunch shop didn't I?" His voice was frindly and affable, still all I could manage was a subdued "Yes". If only I could loosen up.
"

------

post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 18:57
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
So page 4, you dont happend to be of german descent Jeff?

Intriguing reading Some parts too unrealistic though, like the part of someone obssessing over ze finn

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 19:00 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

What's unrealistic about that?

post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 19:17
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
Damn you are too predictable, shush it captain emo and get back to typing out ze rest of the story, last one left it at interesting turn

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 20:00
TTM
Forum Manager
International

Well, this has just become kinky.
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 20:01
TTM
Forum Manager
International

....and LMFAO at the Marie character feeding the Bill character thick Japanese noodle. The symbolism is out of control here!
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 20:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Here comes page 5. Only 3 more left.

------

"Judging from my response and his expression, he could easily judge I was uptight. He didn't say it out loud but his face said in so many words "hey, relax" What he did say, though, was, "hey, have a drink." Then, calling on the bar hostess, he aske me what U drink I wanted. The hostess waited expectently with pad and pen in hand. I responded, "Korona." Bill said, "nice, I like that as well."

Despite that I had problems expressing myself, I was still hungry to learn about the extent and the history of Bill and Marie's relationship and how far it stretched. I said to him that she was my next-door neighbour in our apartment complex, but not much aside that. I could hardly think of much. On Bill's side, he said that before Marie had worked in Benten-tei, she had operated at bars exactly like this one, serving patrons as the bar hostess had just did with Jeff. Bill spoke of the occasions he would frequent such places and talk and generally have fun with Marie. Generally it wasn't a job she enjoyed but Bill sort of gave her a time-out from the grind of it all.

Mostly Marie would see Bill within working hours, though occasionally they would see eachother elsewhere - maybe have a chat in a cafe, after work, the long day passed. Marie hah had various boyfriends and moved beyond them yet Bill remained a constant in her life. She was very fond of him, but she wasn't sure exactly how far she wanted to take the relationship. Over those years she settled for a platonic bond, in her mind.

Some days after Jeff made his first order at Benten-tei, he paid the cozy little establisment another visit. Despite his inhibitions, he tried to be a tad more expressive to Marie, this time.

The chime jingled and Marie gave her customary "Welcome, may I take your order?" Seeing that it was Jeff again, she paused with recognition, then smiled. Jeff hesitated then said, "the special was very good. I'll take that again, thank you." Marie nodded "Coming right up." Jeff then waited for his order and when it was handed to him he paid Marie and left.

Jeff liked falling into patterns and routines. He felt comfortable being safely ensconsed inside his apartment, listening to voices of his neighbours through the thin walls, he liked returning again and again to Benten-tei on his prescribed days, he liked heading out on certain nights to Chateau Roche; and he liked returning to that bar where he had chanced upon Marie's acquaintance, Bill. This was his World.

------

Last edited by Ronaldwho?; February 20th, 2012 at 20:47.
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Page 6

------

"The name of the bar was Lala Pipo. It means 'lots of people'. Jeff kept frequenting the joint at such times in which he had had experiences of running into Bill. On this day he found him again.

Bill was speaking about Marie's last boyfriend, an Italian guy named Toni. They fought and bickered a lot, but Bill had read a book, and it sort of reminded him of this situation. In the book there was a couple, and the housewife was perfect, never caused any problems. Great cook, cleaner, Mother, kind, they never argued. And yet he wearied of her. He lost interest. He began an affair with a woman in which there was constant bickering yet he was more contented.

Marie and Toni had been together for a while but finally the straw broke the camel's back.

Hearing Bill's speil, Jeff contemplated the fact that even an antagonistic cunt like Toni had once falled in love with Marie - and she reciprocated. He knew he would never have that. Internally, emotionally, this was more painful for him than any white-hot wax or strangulation could inflict upon him.

As they continued to talk, Bill began to discuss his plans to advance the relationship with Marie. Even though Jeff recognised how futile his situation was, he was a very bitter person and founf it hard to accept the happiness of other people while he felt himself being denied. He knew this and despised himself for this and he wished he could have such a good and decent heart that inspires people to say "I am happy, when you are happy". But alas he was a rotten shell of a human, a disgusting creature, quite.

Bill was planning to ask Marie out on a date. Only this time, it would be to a more fancy restaurant rather than a cafe or a bar. Bill was such a laid-back guy I wondered if such a restaurant would suit him, or Marie; he kept these thoughts to himself, however, and mainly listened and gave short responses to what he said
."

------

You antagonistic cunts had better be reading this.

Last edited by Ronaldwho?; February 20th, 2012 at 21:39.
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:12
TTM
Forum Manager
International

Marie and Toni
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:13
TTM
Forum Manager
International

I hope the Bill character gets the cookies in this story.
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
....and LMFAO at the Marie character feeding the Bill character thick Japanese noodle. The symbolism is out of control here!

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:22
Legend

I enjoyed it so far. Here's me hoping to slot in somewhere in this piece, preferably as a multi-billionaire who bones all the chicks and is Bill's best friend.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 21:26
Lord of the Basement
Legend

Teams: FC Basement
Staying tuned to the part where I break Bill's heart

Here lies
Mrkela
2008-2015
Until the day break,
and the shadows flee away

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.