Mercato - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2014, 16:04 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Mercato

Hello Everyone,

I figured I'd start a thread dedicated to discussing the transfer market. We (I) have been putting these posts in the thread related to the current season, but thought it would make sense to have it separated.

I'll start things off, but let me know if you would rather keep it the other way.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2014, 16:07 Thread Starter
Premier Player

So far Torino has brought in a strong, talented, but unproven midfielder in Tachtsidis. Performed well in Serie B 2 years ago, showed enough to earn substantial playing time with Roma last year, then moved in from Catania during the Winter.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2014, 16:17 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Rumors for Nicola Bellomo, interest by Spezia, Livorno, and Catania. I'm hoping Torino just loan him out, I like Bellomo's skill set. I think in another year or 2 he could be really useful.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2014, 16:27 Thread Starter
Premier Player

And here is a big rumor, but wouldn't be a real discussion until after the current campaign:

Juve offers the other half of Immobile and all of Giovinco, for Alessio Cerci.

According to Transfermarkt.com, the numbers roughly add up:
18 = Cerci - - - - -
8.5 = Immobile - -
14 = Giovinco - - -

Juve giving 18.25 worth of market value to acquire 18.00.

Not the worst offer I've heard of (depending mostly on your opinion of Giovinco), but would be a hard pill to swallow after just seeing Ogbonna go down that road. The unfortunate reality though, is that you can't eliminate Juve as a trade partner since their 1 of only 3-5 teams that have money to spend in the league.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2014, 16:56
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Luogotenente View Post
Not the worst offer I've heard of (depending mostly on your opinion of Giovinco), but would be a hard pill to swallow after just seeing Ogbonna go down that road. The unfortunate reality though, is that you can't eliminate Juve as a trade partner since their 1 of only 3-5 teams that have money to spend in the league.
Agreed. I hate sending them anything more than a bucket of warm spit. But Cerci's not long for this squad if his form continues. I would love to maximize his value, and I worry about simply taking cash. I love locking up Immobile.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2014, 05:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I'm getting more and more concerned the longer the D'Ambrosio negotiations go on. From what I've read, Cairo is trying to get Botta on a co-ownership and Inter are only willing to do a loan. The other main option (again according to what I've read) is that a deal could be done for Benassi. At one point I heard Alfred Duncan could be involved, but those rumors seem to have died down.

Based on recent history, I trust the management to get something positive done here, but I really hope Torino doesn't overplay their hand and end up with nothing.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2014, 17:46
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Sligo Rovers
After the Ogbonna transfer, not sure I'd be too worried about dealing with that other team. At no time this season have I even missed Ogbonna, so the deal has worked out well for us (just look at the league table!).

I think Cerci will go at the end of the season. It is understandable. Hopefully he keeps up his current form until then.

I know Cairo might end up with less than he should with the D'Ambrosio deal, but I give him credit for not just taking the first offer a 'big club' throws out. I think Cairo can afford to aim high on this one & see what happens.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2014, 08:04 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I mostly agree with you d rovers. I like that management doesn't roll over immediately during these negotiations whenever one of the 'wealthy' clubs is involved. Over a longer period of time, this strategy should be beneficial. Unfortunately, in this case, D'Ambrosio is out of contract this Summer, so we may not just end up with less, but with literally nothing.

Like you alluded to though, the recent track record has been positive, so I'll hold onto the hope that the right decision will be made.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2014, 11:39
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Sligo Rovers
It is a risky strategy alright, but it looks like Petrachi is having fun!
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2014, 15:18 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rovers View Post
I love this comment... This needs to become a new Torino mercato slogan!
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2014, 23:10
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: Torino, Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by d rovers View Post
I think everyone at Toro is having fun these days. Feels good.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2014, 19:49 Thread Starter
Premier Player

It appears Torino may have finally reached an agreement with Inter (Not Official)

1.5m
co-own Benassi
co-own Colombi

Doesn't look like we're going to get Botta, like Toro were hoping, but co-ownership pieces and some cash isn't too bad out of this situation.

//Petrachi having fun!
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2014, 15:19 Thread Starter
Premier Player

In the end, it looks like the moves that will effect the club for now:

In:
Tachtsidis
Kurtic

Out:
Brighi
D'Ambrosio

A tame, but sensible mercato for Torino. Tachtsidis seems like a solid replacement for Brighi. Doesn't provide a great deal offensively, but is solid in the middle... also much younger. Kurtic is on loan, but reports are that the club has been seeking him for some time and will make it permanent in the Summer. He has a little more attacking ability in his game, and at 25 could be productive in the midfield for some time. The Benassi pick up seems positive as well. He'll either be worth some money if Livorno makes a deal for him after the loan spell ends, or he'll be another young, talented body to bolster the midfield next year.
What do you guys think of these signings?
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2014, 14:11 Thread Starter
Premier Player

KEY PLAYERS - (Based on minutes and future value)
G-K - *Padelli
DEF - *Darmian - Moretti - *Glik - Maksimovic - Bovo - Vesovic
MID - Vives - *ElKaddouri - Basha - Farnerud - Kurtic - Tachtsidis -(Benassi)
ATT - *Cerci - *Immobile - Meggiorini

I placed an (*) near the names where there really is no viable alternate player to narrow down the transfer window discussion.

*Padelli - (Will Stay) - contract expires in 2015; Torino should work to extend him this Summer.

*Darmian - (Probably Stays) - contract expires in 2017; A wealthy club will need to pay to get him, I think he stays.

*Glik - (Will Stay) - contract expires in 2015; Torino should try to extend his contract this Summer.

*ElKaddouri - (???) - onLoan; He will need to be replaced if he doesn't return since he is vital in the counter-attack transition that has been so effective this year.

*Cerci - (50/50) - contract expires in 2016; Maybe that's too optimistic, but I don't see any great realistic clubs for him to go to:
- Roma, Could compete with an established Gervinho for minutes, doesn't really fit Roma's xfer strategy.
- Juve, Would basically be a 3rd attacking option in a usual front 2.
- Milan, They don't really have the xfer budget it seems.
- Inter, Cerci's versatility wouldn't be valued in Mazzari rigid tactics.
- Abroad, Has never played outside of Italy.
Obviously these are all possibilities, but considering that Ventura and Cerci have a very good relationship, and history of success, I think there is at least a reasonable chance that Cerci stays.

*Immobile - (50/50) - co-owned; Maybe again I'm being too optimistic again, but I think at this stage in his career, and considering his time in Genoa, he really thinks twice about uprooting from where he has started to find success. He came up in Juve's academy, but does he really want to be an emergency option there? There are Dortmund rumors as well, but again he would definitely not be guaranteed minutes. Cerci's decision may effect whether Immobile believes he can repeat his success.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2014, 17:23
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Vives is the real key mid of this toro
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2014, 18:35 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaren View Post
Vives is the real key mid of this toro
Huge miss on my part. He has easily been the best midfielder, and his contract is up at the end of this season! According to whoscored.com, his rating is tied with Cerci for the highest in the team at 7.29. The next closest midfielder is Kurtic at 6.87.

He definitely needs to be extended, and hopefully the fact that his career numbers are nowhere near as good as this year will keep some other clubs away from driving up his price.

I still would say that moving forward, and in terms of future value, he shouldn't be relied upon to have such a vital role since he is already 33.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2014, 17:10 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The relegated teams are decided, and I think Livorno and Bologna both offer some very real possibilities to acquire talent. Both even play with a 3-man defensive system which would, in theory, shorten the learning curve. Like a vulture circling over carcuses:::

Livorno:
Paulinho - This would only be a possibility if we get into the Europa, and if Immobile is gone.

Emeghara - Value is down after an off year, but he is still talented, and at least would be an upgrade over our 3rd attacker, Meggiorini.

Greco - Very solid in the middle, provides some attack with 4goals and 3assists. Is at a skill level and age (27), where I can't see him wanting to play in Serie B.

Benassi - already co-owned due to the D'Ambrosio deal. Should probably continue out on loan for now to get playing time and develop. Though was reasonably productive this year, 2goals, 3assists.

Bologna:
Kone - Someone will be needed at the attacking mid role if ElKaddouri is not retained.

Morleo - An intriguing possibility at LWB. A true left winger though not very productive offensively, has been consistently solid running the left flank for years.

Cherubin - Another solid player, with experience operating in a back 3. At age 27 could be hitting a steady age for production and probably won't want to see Serie B as well.

Bianchi - Wait, what? - Not sure if this would be desired by either side. Not sure if Torino mgmt have a bridge left to Bianchi pending on how his contract situation really was behind closed doors. He's not going to come in and be the main target up front, but if Toro is in the Europa, and Immobile is gone, we'll need 2 new attackers that can step in. Then again he may want to be the focal point in trying to get Bologna promoted next year, as he did seem to reach a certain level against Serie B competition.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2014, 14:41 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Unless Immobile just wants to play elsewhere, doesn't it make sense for Torino to pay his going rate? Dortmund are rumored to be willing to pay around 17mil. Wouldn't it be in Torino's best interest to just pay Juve 8.5mil for the second half of his rights? What other striker is coming in for that amount of money that could project to be 3/4 as productive?

I'm really fearful of a Sampdoria type dropoff after Cassano and Pazzini moved on.

//
update: Just read about Ventura stating the wage difference may be the sticking point. Possible 2-2.5mil a year, 5 year deal from Dortmund.

Last edited by Il Luogotenente; May 14th, 2014 at 15:23.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2014, 21:14 Thread Starter
Premier Player

*Padelli has been extended until 2017
*Maksimovic has been fully signed through 2018
*Glik has been extended until 2017

*Bruno Peres - 24 year old LB/WB from Santos seems like a near certainty.

*Antonio Nocerino is being heavily linked with the wages as being the only detail left to work out.

*Josef Martinez - 21 year old Trequartista/Either Side Wing from Young Boys is mentioned repeatedly. 10Goals and 7Assists in 2,300 minutes last year. Same club Farnerud was purchased from. Hinted that this deal may only happen late, if a non-EU spot is still available.

*Gonzalo Bergessio's name has also been echoed as a possible replacement option up front.

Last edited by Il Luogotenente; May 27th, 2014 at 21:24.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2014, 21:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Torino has also apparently been in talks with Napoli over El Kaddouri - 1.5-2.2 mil for half, OR possibly around 3.6 mil for full ownership (not sure how the co-ownership abolishment will effect this negotiation?)

Nicolo Bellomo is also being mentioned to bring back as a possible youthful backup option in the Attacking Mid Role.

There have also been fleeting rumors for:
Pablo Barrientos - Catania
Nicola Sansone - Parma/Sassuolo
Simone Zaza - Juve/Sassuolo
Isaac Cofie - Genoa
Duvan Zapata - Napoli
Khouma Babacar - Modena/Fiorentina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.