Hajduk Split (CRO)
BK Hacken (SWE)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) / Gorica (SLO)
Ventspils (LAT) / Vikingur (FAR)
Admira (AUT) / Spartak Myjava (SVK)

Gabala:

Austria Wien (AUT)
Atlantas (LIT) / HJK (FIN)
Runavik (FAR) / Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)
Valur (ICE) / Brondby (DEN)
Aktobe (KAZ) / MTK Budapest (HUN)

Neftchi:

KR (ICE) / Glenavon (NIR)
Shamrock Rovers (IRL) / RoPS (FIN)
Zimbru (MDA) / Chikhura (GEO)
Vaduz (LIE) / Sileks (MAC)
Shkendija (MAC) / Cracovia (POL)

#3 ·
Kapaz 0-0 Dacia. We wasted a lot of golden chances. Orkhan Aliyev sucks, Nijat Gurbanov - can't decide when to pass or when to shoot. Yet, Kapaz if adds more character can win in Moldova.

Meanwhile, Karabakh won against Zenit. 1-0. Goal from Amirguliyev

#13 ·
We gained excellent 0,625 coefficent points. If we continue in next leg, it will help us a lot. We have a great chance this year to pass Scotland, Poland and Denmark.

#15 ·
Neftchi and Gabala lost 2-1 but passed through. Very poor games from both of them. On positive note, Kapaz beat Dacia 1-0, thanks to Dario's 30 m shot. Azerbaijani teams finally broke Moldovian curse.

#16 ·
Easy win from Qarabag 2-0 against Dudelange. Even though some players bit far from their best shape

Meanwhile great tribute from club's fans to Raguf Orujov, who was huge Qarabag fan

#17 ·
Predictions :

Mtk-Gabala: 1-1

this will be a close tie- 1st away game we need an away goal and at least earn a point. I think we can finish them at home in a type of game similar to last years battles w cukaricki/apoel/pana

Neftchi 2-1 Shkendija

Im being more optimistic and biased here because we can easily lose (again)this home game, but for the sake of even thinking about any postives for the future of this club we have to break this winless euro streak at BAkcell arena.

Admira - Kapaz 2-0

Very tough team for Kapaz - best case scenario: bunker and counter - use Darios & Nijats speed and Ebahs poaching ability to come up with a goal from the very few chances that will be presented. Unfortunately I just dont see Kapazs defense being able to withstand a faster, physical team but who knows? If Gibraltar's club beat Celtic than we always have a chance.

#18 ·
Neftchi still look toothless. Vali Gasimov is awful coach. Defence is horrendous, execution is very poor. Only good thing they got - counter attacks. But good coach would've turned this team into perspective side.

#21 ·
Thank you

Tough draw for our clubs in EL.

Lille (FRA) vs. Gabala / MTK (Gabala likely to beat them)
Slovan Liberec (CZE) vs. Kapaz / Admira (Kapaz's chances are 40/60)
Mladá Boleslav (CZE) vs. Neftchi / Skendija (Neftchi's chances are 30%)

Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) vs. Qarabag. This will be interesting

#22 ·
It's amazing how impotent Nefchi was last week. Seems like they never learned their lessons

#23 ·
You are right. Vali Gasimov is gonna doom the club :facepalm:

I have hopes with Gabala, hopefully they can pull another upset on Lille. They last time choked Panathinaikos :D

#25 ·
That's Garabagh style. The team does just enough to pass these small teams - Streymur, Metalurg, Portadown, Dudelange. Having said that, the Czech scouts were at the game, so it probably made sense not to reveal what the team is capable off.

As far as Kapaz goes, the team added some coefficients points for the country, and I guess that's more than we could have hoped for. Too bad Diniyev chose such a piss poor tactic for both games.

#27 ·
Neftchi... good ol' Neftchi... Muradbeyli is such a dumb ass. In fact, you just can't have so many "young, and promising" players on the same team. Put too many in, and the team will implode :howler:

Abdullayev, Muradbeyli, Hajiyev, Gurbanov, Isayev, Agayev. That's way too many "Messi"s on the pitch :D

#28 ·
Yup - Neftchi never fails to disappoint. Lets be honest, this team was not even good by AzPl standards, finishing 6th in a 9 team league this year. ;) I agree that having too many young prima donnas on this team is a disaster, its too many chiefs- not enough indians. Neftchi thinks they can groom a whole generation of domestic players from their academy and expect to have success in a competitive AzPL league and the Eurocups, but in reality their youth system is not better than Gabalas, Inters, or Qarabags. Those clubs groom 1-2 players per season and slowly work them into their 1st team rotation so they can fit in the coachs already established playing system and philosophy. This team is just an unbalanced, midget, "Azeri Messi" wannabes managed by a sunday league coach and run by a clueless book writer.

#29 ·
I guess it is only befitting that two clubs that weren't supposed to be in the Eurocups this season, exited so early. I'm certain that both Inter and Zire would have done a much better job than Kapaz and Neftchi (I'm not going to bash Kapaz too much, since it was their first Euro appearance in 16 years).

Also, Veli was a good player, but so far he has been a mediocre coach. I am a big proponent of giving our coaches a chance. I think he should stay and manage the team through the rest of the season, but it's going to be a tough ride for both Neftchi and its fans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.