Xtratime Community banner

WC 2018 Qualifications - Milli's Quest

6K views 80 replies 9 participants last post by  Azerkid 
#1 ·
The draw for the UEFA zone will take place on 25 July 2015 in St. Petersburg.

1st Pot

Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, England, Wales, Portugal, Spain, Croatia or Italy

2nd Pot

Croatia or Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, France, Iceland, Denmark, Bosnia-Herzegovina*

3rd Pot

Poland, Ukraine, Scotland, Hungary, Sweden, Albania, N Ireland, Serbia, Greece

4th Pot

Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Bulgaria, Faroe Islands, Montenegro, Estonia*

5th Pot

Cyprus, Latvia, Armenia, Finland, Belarus, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Moldova

6th Pot

Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Malta, San Marino, Andorra

See less See more
#61 ·
They had only 2 real chances but we also had same. We played compared to Norway 2-ce better. Even though, it was very quiet game because of the heavy rain. Sheydayev looked very good. Mirzabekov, Amirguliyev, Ruslan Gurbanov and Dashdamirov - out. Kamran Aghayev was excellent

#62 ·
We played very well and organized today, more so than vs Norway and aside from the first & last 10 mins of the game, we were hardly threatened. I'm starting to like the idea of Maksim playing as a CB with Badavi /Rashad - hes proved himself worthy of that spot after dealing with much taller/physical Czechs & Norwegian players, hes like a Rashad 2.0. We're also starting to play with a more confident attitude, even newbies like Eddy/Ramil/Agabala are starting to embrace their team roles and voicing themselves on the field, I like seeing our boys constantly talk shit to the opponents and get under their skin especially Dima and Kamran, whos gone psycho (in a good way) these past 2 games. :D
Sheydayev now gives us another dimension that we've been lacking, a big target forward whos can win headers, draw defenders, and hold up the ball enough for our midfield to come up into the opponents half. He needs more bit more time to gel with the team but hes done a great job up to this point, I like his attitude and work rate - and with Ruslan Gurbanov partnering him on the RW we'll have a more rugged and athletic pair that can not only help on set pieces but hold up the ball enough for our defense to catch a break.
Overall, credit to Prosinecki thus far for putting together a solid unselfish team with an attitude and self belief - no egos on the team and the boys are starting to believe that they at least pull a draw (especially away) vs any opponent. Qarabags/Gabala playing in the EL also helps us tremendously as far as keeping our boys in competitive international footy shape playing vs likes of Mainz, Fiorentina, Anderlecht. The next game away vs Northern Ireland will be our most important match, it can really set us to a realistic path to secure the 2nd place - NI are tough and gritty bastards but I know we're more than capable of getting at least a point from them- we took 4 pts from them in WC 14 Qs so getting pts from them will be very crucial and I'm confident that Prosinecki, the team, and our FA are starting to realize that we can carry this moment over vs NI in order to secure a 2nd place going into next years qualfiers.

#70 ·
lets just pretend like this never happend - Q, please lock this thread :D

3 goals from set pieces in typical irish form - we didnt play that bad from open play, had a few chances but after the 3rd goal it was a done deal....oh well, we'll get them back in the azeri summer heat come june.

#72 ·
Dadashov choosing us over Germany, at least this early in his career, is quite a surprise. The kids got some serious potential - at 17 hes already 186cm and netted 13 goals in 15 games for Germanys U-17. Now along with Sheydaev we have 2 big target/goal poaching forwards :thumbsup: and Richard as our playmaker, we can make a legit run come 2020/22 campaigns.

#75 ·
Brutal loss to a stoppage time goal - damn Irish with their typical anti football stinker of a game, scoring on the only real chance they got and just like in 2014, they equalized against us in the 96th minute. At the end of the day, we should of buried our chances and not over play the ball so much with meaningless back/side passes - the few times we played direct long balls we managed to slip in behind their defensive line and create chances.

PS: Prosinecki is almost 95% on his way out to take helm at Bursaspor. :(

Bt85FJ9gAtI

#76 ·
This is what we're looking at for tommorow

Mahir is in form and I hope Namik is ready to show that he can take over the RW spot from Afran.

Prediction: Either a 1-1 draw or a 0-3 loss, I have a feeling we'll take an L because I don't we're motivated for this match, especially Qarabag players, who probably feel like they can coast until the CL starts, and also for the fact that our next match will be vs. San Marino - so we''re in this in between match after a big victory and the next easy 3 pts match. I'm hoping our backline (mostly Qarabag players) will show up.

#77 ·
as expected, 2-0 loss - Rashad with an own goal & Badavi with the penalty kick foul & red card- solid work boys

Watch them play against San Marino like its a World Cup final then say how tough they're to break down, and that its a well deserved win. lol

#78 ·
an awful game - sloppy, uninspired and downright pathetic display. I couldn't think of a single player who deserves a passing grade. Maybe Ramil who played with determination and put on few nice touches including a neat little breakthrough pass to Javid which he wasted. Other that than it was bad all around both defensively and offensively. After a nice promising start to the qualification campaign the wheels fell off in the last three games.

#80 ·
Good win today despite the fact it was only San Marino, but we did what we're supposed to do by creating plenty and converting our chances. I was hoping for Ramil to score but luck wasnt on his side today- however he did put in lots of work today to get into good positions. Tamkin & Renat made their debuts today- we also reached two personal bests by collecting 10 pts today (most in a campaign) and 5 goals(most goals in a game).

K5zfEWFWO6E

#81 ·
Recap:

hGswO5O7tTs

HE4Slm9LrSc

10 pts and a 5th place finish, as I expected before the qualifying started...after first 3 games, we gained momentum to fight for second place but it was brought back to reality in 4/0 away loss to NI and realistically eliminated us when they beat us 1-0 at home. On a positive note, we managed to score 2 goals against the Germans (only allowed 4), and put 5 against San Marino, and aside from 4-0 loss to NI, every match was competitive and winnable. Overall, at the end, everything settled in its place and now we'll be playing in the Nations D league. Its a path we can realistically qualify from if our team/FA solely focuses on this path and setups the right friendlies and gets the team playing as a unit and a consistent in form line up.

Going in to the next campaign we should focus on integrating the youngsters into the starting XI - i'd like to see Tamkin start as LB and maybe move Pashayev to RB if we play with Maks/Badavi at CB or Abishov/Badavi with Maks at RB. In the midfield, the same Gara/Richard duo, and bring in Mahmudov as the 3rd CM or play Nazarov as CAM, I wouldnt even mind seeing Eddi again, playing box-to-box role of Michel in the midfield- Madatov - Sheidaev - Afran as the Qarabag forward trio.

Luckily, we have a fairly young squad that can play another *6-8 years together so they key is to integrate/mold the team as soon as possible- most of the team is domestic based so they're are familiar with each being club teammates at one point or another, and the fact that majority of the team will be composed of Qarabag players will only benefits us.

*Badavi - 26
*Tamkin - 24
*Garayev- 24
*Alasgarov -22
*Eddi- 25
*Araz-25
*Mahmudov-25
*Madatov- 20
*Sheidaev - 21
*Dadashov - 18

Id like to see us bring in a few yound defenders, Zira has Sadig Guliyev and Adil Nabiyev, both played for U-21 last campaign- one of the them can fight for the back up CB spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.