Xtratime Community banner

Giornata 29: Sampdoria - Juventus

950 views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  Kopite 
#1 ·
The people who know me also know that this is one of the games I'd like to win. More than derby (because I'm not genovese). Obviously the difference in terms of "fatturato" (quoting Sarri here) makes the game unfair, but I knew it from the beginning, when I chose to support Sampdoria instead of Juventus, no matter whether my father is juventino, most of my relatives are juventini, most of my friends are juventini... They chose to support the club of their city (one of the two). It's ok. I blame them for their choice whenever I have the opportunity but it's ok.
In the game at Juventus stadium, la Sampdoria "si è scansata", "got out of Juventus way", according to newspapers and commentators. Actually, it was a midweek game and Giampaolo simply did what he had already done before: he fielded a slightly different lineup in the midweek game and rested a few players. Blame the fixtures!
This won't happen in the game at Marassi. We will miss Viviano, banned, replaced by Puggioni. Puggioni had already played at Juventus stadium and that was one of the few poor performances of him in this season.

#2 ·
Didn't Viviano once call out juve as cheats during his Bologna days? (Krasic dive)

He also had an anti juve gesture whilst at Fiorentina. Don't recall it exactly... Either he refused to take a juve shirt or took it and threw it to the ground.

Great name (Emiliano Viviano is quite cool), solid GK and hates juve. :heart: shame he didn't get a chance with us but we tend to have ridiculously good goalies at Inter tbf.

I remember Puggioni doing well when you beat us, but I also recall his howler in 12-13 when he was playing for Chievo (Cassano's goal in Inter V Chievo)

I will be watching this game. Good luck, obviously.

Reactions: Kopite
#4 ·
Is there a chance for Schick to start this game? He looks interesting, want to take closer look at him. Saw highlights of derby where dribbled like he was Van Basten or Ibra lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

#17 ·
0-1 FT

Well, we did what we could. Too bad Schick had to leave the pitch because of an injury. He is the one in our team I consider able to score to Juventus. Quagliarella worked hard but in terms of shooting he has been very poor, Muriel was on one of those days in which you would kick his arse. Praet did well when he came in, Djuricic could stay on the bench...

#20 ·
Puggioni was great in the first half you missed. We didn't have shot on goal 2nd half despite attacking all the time lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Reactions: Kopite and ToniSamp
#19 ·
it was an open match and exciting one, for me it's match the week no doubt in that. i think Samp played a decent match at least in term of holding the ball specially in the 2nd half but could not invest that or creating many real chances. juve player were so disciplined defensively

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.