Xtratime Community banner

2016/17 Season

36K views 1K replies 32 participants last post by  GamE_Ove12 
#1 ·
Figured we don't have the traffic anymore to post individual threads so I guess a general section should do for now?

Perhaps our CL games will be individual match threads.

For now though good game by the lads. A bit lucky I feel as the flood gates opened and then we started scoring.

Strootman needs more time, is what I tell myself, so I will reserve judgement. So far though he's doing the basics right so that's a positive.

Dzeko was Dzeko with a slightly more bullish attitude, which we've been seeing all summer, and El Sha is losing his spot to Perotti who is becoming a monster.

Lol at trying to cover up his tat with some soccer boots and a number 10 :howler:

Good game.

4-0

Forza Roma:wee:

See less See more
#722 ·
Wasn't Bruno Peres supposed to be great offensively when we bought him? He looks good (not great) running upfield with the ball, but his end product is virtually non-existent. He has 1 assist in Serie A all season. His crosses are terrible and his understanding with Salah is still poor. He made so many boneheaded decisions yesterday.

He wasn't the only guy who had a poor game yesterday, but in his case that's been going on for a while but has mostly gone unnoticed due to the good results.

#727 ·
Atleast on the right side a CB playing fullback makes sense, Insigne is 80% of their creativity, he is tricky to follow since he drifts all over, hard to pin down, we played Barzagli as RB 2nd half on him and it pretty much nullified their play.

Tho maybe on the left side you dont need as much defensive type player. Callejon is more off the ball runner you follow on occasion, dont need a dedicated defensive player for him, just spotting his runs he excells at.

#730 ·
fullbacks play a vital role in our 4-3-3, so what we if we mark Insigne out of the match if all we're going to do is absorb pressure because the huge gap between our midfield and attack is too huge making it hard for us to build play and get out of our own half without just giving the ball away.

#728 ·
Big miss Mertens. If this was a proper striker, 0-1.

#729 ·
0-1

Great finish Mertens

Think it was Manolas who played him onside

#732 ·
Your midfield is inexistent. Makes your defence look clumsy in transitions.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

#736 ·
Spalletti picked the best lineup. Emerson and Salah likely aren't fully fit.

Roma controlled the game and played at a high tempo but suffered on Napoli's counters due to the high D-line and being a bit too attacking. They took nothing away from the Lazio game. Spalletti is usually smarter than this. You would've overran Napoli's even softer than usual midfield with a more balanced approach and kept things tighter at the back.

Seeing Napoli playing on the counter was odd. They took a page out of Lazio's playbook.

#737 ·
Not sure what Spalletti is fishing for here. Playing as we do now, makes no sense and gives Dzeko nothing to play with. It looks a lot like kick the ball up and hopefully a Roma player will get it.

Should turn this to a 3-5-2 lineup. Salah and Dzeko on top. Perotti on the left and Peres on the right. Ninja, Strootman and DDR in the middle. Rudiger on left back, Fazio in the middle and Manolas on the right.

Now can someone make sure Spalletti get this info...

#739 ·
0-2

Mertens again from insigne's cross

#743 ·
see the pace and the chances and how much pressure was eased off of our back line now? just to prove this is all dome head's fault.

now get De Rossi off the pitch before he gets himself sent off or create a third for Napoli.

#746 ·
and that sub is the only one I can forgive because Spalletti couldn't have predicted how shitty De Rossi would be. but we wasted two subs, a half and conceded twice to get to the squad we should've started with.

#749 ·
Almost 2-2

Reina and bar save Napoli

#750 ·
Napoli are fragile. Almost blew a 2 goal lead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.