Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2016/17

28K views 687 replies 46 participants last post by  Yashimi Nakitu 
#1 ·
So, it looks like it is going to be the sixth scudetto in a row for Juventus but I invite you to consider the following things:
- Higuain might score almost 40 goals the way he did in the past season but he might score around a half of it the way he did in the previous two seasons in serie A. Let's not forget the importance of being part of a perfect engine like the attack of Napoli in the past season. With Benitez things were pretty different.
- yeah, Pjanic is also another champion and the suggestion that Juventus bought the two best players of their closest pursuers might also be correct (Pjanic might more properly be considered the most talented if we rule out Totti). Yet, I find funny the fact that the same people who suggest it forget that Juventus also lost Pogba. Juventus in the past season had the problem of the trequartista and the solution wasn't exactly brilliant (Hernanes). Now replacing Pogba could be even tougher. Let's not forget Juventus have lost Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba and right now miss Marchisio. 4/4 of a midfield which was considered among the best in the world.

#2 ·
There needs to be a long discussion with the referees about what is a foul and what is not.

Everytime someone goes down we hear a whistle. It's getting so ridiculous. I would love to see stats on how many fouls are called per game when compared to other leagues.

The stop and go system has to stop and we have to allow some sort of physicality in the league otherwise Italy will be left behind...again.

I feel the game is spoiled.

#4 ·
Everytime someone goes down we hear a whistle. It's getting so ridiculous. I would love to see stats on how many fouls are called per game when compared to other leagues.
Nah, every time a defender (or defending player) go down we hear a whistle. For attackers it is pretty difficult to get decisions their way. It is a miracle we see as many goals as we do considering that.

I now seen both Pescara and Cagliari play a 2-2 game and boy are that two teams that add something to the league. They might go down, but they both show really nice football.

#3 ·

The stop and go system has to stop and we have to allow some sort of physicality in the league otherwise Italy will be left behind...again.
Aren't there whistles all the time in Spain too? Yet Spanish teams dominate the CL and the EL.

#11 ·
He has been injured to much. I think that is why he look like the player I saw yesterday. He bulked up, but is really slow. He kind of never lose possession, but he is a liability when it comes to helping the defense against a team like Roma. Since their players will just breeze past him.

#7 ·
So...how about the standout players so far?

Andrea Belotti killing it last night:

Ho9xHhOGBZE

#8 · (Edited)
I watched Inter - Palermo.

Where's that post by @ToniSamp replying to someone in the Italian NT forum thread about the valid candidate pool for Italian NT, who mentioned Andrea Rispoli? That was the first thing that sprung to mind :D

[EDIT] - from this thread http://www.xtratime.org/forum/213-italian-national-team/397097-nt-player-updates.html#post19099353

Inter had most of the possession, but with a stubborn Palermo playing with everyone behind the ball that was difficult. Apart from Rispoli and maybe Vitiello, I could not recognize most of those XI's on the Palermo team.

As for Inter, Ever Banega has huge playmaking potential. Eder was constantly double and triple teamed like he's Messi or something. Icardi's header was well struck. I think it will be a matter of time before Inter find themselves. Not all doom and gloom. GabiGol has a league match (or had?) with Santos, then Ecuador with Brazil NT before traveling to Milano. He will add another dimension to attack, and definitely an upgrade on Eder who's somewhat grown on me in the Euro's.

PS- Medel is one crazy ass looking mofo!!

iDuDHut835Q

#9 ·
I think it will be a matter of time before Inter find themselves. Not all doom and gloom.
Yeah, to be honest, I took some positives from the Palermo game yesterday and see things in a much better light after the disaster that was week 1.

Certainly when I saw Santon in the line-up my heart missed a beat, and he was just as dreadful as expected. There was no real game plan or system to what Inter were doing, just a reliance on set-pieces and crosses, but the team created at least 7/8 clear-cut chances, which under Mancio was very, very rare.

Joao Mario will probably add some skill - although it is totally unclear where he will actually play - but I don't really see Gabigol getting all that much game time, since his favoured position is Candreva's, on the right wing.

That said, looking at the broader picture, Inter have Juve in Week 4, which is a certain loss, so if they beat Pescara in round 4 that will be 4 points from 12 in 4 rounds. Obviously that makes the title (lol) impossible and CL qualification extremely difficult from the get-go.

My money is still on a 4th/5th/6th place finish to make it yet another "transition season"

#12 ·
Serie A Week 2 - XI WhoScored.Com's ratings:
Karnezis with lot's of good saves vs. Empoli. No surprise seeing 3 Torino players there, but surprised to see Molinaro there (Juve fans will understand this...).

De Silvestri assisted two of Torino's goals.

Benatia with a solid performance vs. Lazio, while Acerbi got the highest rating for his defending against Pescara- he is a sort of late bloomer for the Italy/Serie A by the way, expect him to end his career with one of the bigger clubs (he's 28 now).

Ever Banega was the only decent player in Inter-Palermo which ended 1-1. Berardi continues his fine form on the wing. Sanchez was Fiorentina's goal scorer for their 1-0 win, honestly I did not see the game to judge how good/bad he was. (Fiorentina fans...any additional info would be cool)

I was surprised also (ironically, a left wing: See Molinaro comment)to see Alex Sandro there. I (and many on twitter) did not enjoy his style of play vs. Lazio. He had much of the ball and lot's of dribbles, but lacking the final end product.

Andrea Belotti and Leonardo Pavoletti both had storming matches, and it's quite apt that these two names are the top rated striking pair, given the lack of quality Italian goal-scorers. In my opinion I wanted Conte to take at least one of them to Euro 2016. Belotti is one to watch.

Attachments

#13 ·
#18 ·
Lol yeah Dzeko one was big wtf. Ferrero was spot on at offering Dzeko a, role in one of his movies.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited)
I really hope some big team keeps Franck Kessie in Italia and doesn't let him go to the EPL/La Liga.

This kid's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 3rd time watching him and he just keeps impressing me every time.

I mean it's hard to say this cause he's freaking 19 - but he really is the complete package. Whoever gets his hands on him is gonna be real lucky.

#20 ·
Napoli probably will get him is my guess.

#23 ·
Respect the hierarchy BS, there is no respecting failure, if he can't take them give it to the kid.

#24 ·
The big news from the weekend is of course Totti's 250th goal. That leaves him only 24 goals behind Piola for the top scorer all time. Can he make it? I think he can! If the refs keep up this pace, Roma will have 25 more penalties this year. He doesn't miss many...

#32 ·
Well, i was talking generally, but thinking about this season. I mean Allegri would IMO have to do something special to really deserve being called best when he have a squad that bought the top players from BOTH biggest rivals and have a squad that should cruise to the title.

I followed Rastellli (not closely) last three years as he has impressed now in two clubs. Good start so far and hardly with worldbeaters at his disposal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.