Nemanja Nikolics - "I appreciate each goal"
- Pre-season started two weeks ago. How would you sum up the work so far?
We are currently in the middle of the first phase of pre-season. We were able to play friendly matches against good opponents, and train in great surroundings. The emphasis at the moment is not on the results of the friendly games, but rather to practice those things in match situations, which we have focused on in training. We are working on being in top form by the start of the spring season.
- We know you well enough to say that scoring goals is the second most important aspect for you after winning. This is the case whether it is in a competitive game, or just a practice match in training.
It really is like this! I have to appreciate each goal, and this is what I am like. I try to give the maximum in training, as in competitive games. I also enjoy scoring goals during training. I managed to score in the first two friendly games, and I will try my best to add more goals to my name looking ahead.
- When we asked you back in December about how the winter break would be for you, there was a plan, which in the end did not happen. Were you surprised to be called into the national squad on the 6th January?
The plan was to spend Christmas in Hungary, and then celebrate the Serbian Christmas in Serbia. Things did not turn out this way, but I did not mind one bit. I have worked a lot to get a call up to the national team. I was naturally surprised as I was not counting on being part of the get together squad in January, so I was pleased with the call up. I will do my best to make sure that this is not the only call up that I get, but that the international manager should regularly call me up.
- Did you know Attila Pinter previously?
We met just once, when I got injured last spring in Győr and ended up in hospital. He visited me there at the hospital. The real meeting took place at the beginning of January in Telki. I could see what the plans are for the international manager. He wanted to share his football philosophy with us, and what he expected from the international players. I think that this is a good thing and I was pleased to be there.
- When will your second child be born?
The baby is expected around the 25th January. It looks certain to be a baby boy, who we will name Marco.
- Everybody knows that your best friend at Vidi was Nikola Mitrovics. Do you still keep in contact with each other?
Yes, we speak a lot, around 2-3 times a week. He feels really good out there in Israel, and has managed to blend into their team. I hope he does well and I support him, as we really are good friends. We understood each other well on the pitch and off it as well.
- If we are talking about other countries, the question is unavoidable, with the winter transfer window open, and the supporters would really like to know if you will sign for a club abroad?
I must not focus with this. I will carry on doing my thing, and remain at my maximum mentally. It is a really delicate question, as if a player thinks about this for a long time; it will have a bad influence on his performance. The most important thing for me is to continuously develop and learn new things, in order to become a better player. I do not read the newspapers regarding stories with me. I have an agent and he has to deal with this. He knows exactly what I want. I will only leave Vidi if it is good for the club and also me. I am not in a hurry, and feel really good in Szekesfehervar. I have got so much from this club and I hope I have returned a lot to them as well. I am a type of person who is proud of what I have received from this club, and I value our supporters a lot. I would not even exclude the chance of me staying with Vidi for the rest of my career, if the club is thinking similarly.
I'm very happy about this. He's our NT's in-form striker
A very competent striker. Without Szabics now, he's perfect to fill the role that once Szabics had in the last few years. Szalai/Németh first...then Bajcsa and Nikolics. Emphasis on the present time thinking. In the future Rado may develop or Futács etc. Hard to imagine players developing, but you know what I mean. Nikolics would score goals in any league IMO. He has the quality.