2016/17 Season - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 679 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2016, 17:10
Rising Star

That's normal when you sign Juan Jesus and this clumsy keeper, why is Alisson benched? How does Juan start? man Fazio wont be worse for sure.. then why is Juan Jesus signed? you sign players to improve the squad, not to fill in numbers..

Then you use Bruno Peres who is a top class RB as LB were he becomes so average.. Man Spalletti is becoming a joke... Sad to see this, I never like comebacks.. Roma deserves better!!!

Your CL elimination still pisses me, a coach unable to control the temper of his players.. Ancelotti managed to do the impossible by changing the attitude of PEPE...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 679 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2016, 17:47
Rising Star

Teams: AS Roma
Our midfield sucks. Strootman needs to be benched until he gain some sort of form. Paredes needs to play and thats that.

Juan Jesus is a joke and why we wont play Fazio instead is a mystery.

Peres should obviously play RB and not LB where he is average.

Why we dont play Alisson is beyond me.

Spalletti is much to blame for this and i can see him leaving the ship by xmas. How it looks so far Roma will miss out on europe.

And pls for the love of god play Dzeko and bench El Sha.

And of course...change your focking clothes Spalletti. Wear a suit!!!
post #43 of 679 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2016, 18:35
Legend

Wow. Francesco Totti. Comes to Roma's rescue. Again.

It works if you work it.

post #44 of 679 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2016, 21:11
Star Player

Teams: Roma, Italia
I asked this question before...why is Fazio benched ?
post #45 of 679 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 14:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AS Roma, Newcastle
Refs in Seria A really love us this season. This was a soft last minute penalty.

Juan Jesus is even worse than I expected. I don't want to see him as a CB ever again. Better play him on the left if and tell him to play cautiously to make up for Perez's constant forward runs.

"You donít play a derby, you win it." - Rudi Garcia
post #46 of 679 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 15:32
Star Player

Teams: Roma, Italia
Florenzi seems to be a permanent fixture on the right which almost forces Peres to play left. Having an incompetent CB does not help having two attacking defenders
post #47 of 679 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 16:50
Rising Star

How far away is Mario Rui to make a comeback? Anyone know?
post #48 of 679 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 17:42
Legend

It also irritates me that players are played out of position, but I don't blame just the coach. The club and its transfer guru never coordinate. It's sad, we pick up players that we can get on a cheap. Anyway, Dzeko has been fairly effective lately, it must be said. Great hookup with Totti on yesterday's second goal.

It works if you work it.
post #49 of 679 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2016, 19:43 Thread Starter
Professional Pirate
International

Teams: False 9
Still can't find the second half anywhere
post #50 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 05:44
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr hackenbush View Post
How far away is Mario Rui to make a comeback? Anyone know?
January/February.
post #51 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 16:24
Rookie

I really can't see what everyone's seeing in Paredes, in fact I prefer Strootman in his current form.

our failures so far can be blamed on Spalletti (especially for insisting on playing Szczęsny, who was the second main reason we crashed out of CL) and our mercato, which some were giving an 8/10 for some reason after siging Peres. I think it was Primo who asked if we weren't going to make any panic buys at the end of the season, and back then I wanted to tell him that we've already made them earlier, we signed Rui, Juan, Vermaelen and Fazio (but I did not get my account back then ......... I still don't have my original account back).

you look at our squad and we've lost a very decent young LB because we did not want to pay a couple of millions and got ourselves an old barely adequate one instead, we have many choices in central defense but most of them are very weak ones, we have no alternative to De Rossi on the roster (again I'm not drinking the same Paredes kool aid not to mention that his defensive style is just a red card waiting to happen, which is ironic when you consider it) and we have no alternative to Dzeko on the roster (a sub not an alternate way of playing). we brought Iturbe back, God knows why, and we let Sadiq go. and yes, losing the player with the best assists stats of last season while playing virtually the same tactics without replacing him did indeed affect us.

you couple all of this with Spall's baffling subbing and strategy choices and you get the mess we're in now.

also, I don't mind playing SES as long as he's played as an out and out attacker in Dzeko's place with Salah and Perotti flanking him.
post #52 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 18:17 Thread Starter
Professional Pirate
International

Teams: False 9
It looked like Spalletti was pissed after Totti's goal...it's almost as if he was saying...shit now he has to play.

A goal every 58 min since spalletti's return. That is what Francesco is doing. Or am I mistaking him with higuain

No Totti
No Party

post #53 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 19:34
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinoy1 View Post
It looked like Spalletti was pissed after Totti's goal...it's almost as if he was saying...shit now he has to play.

A goal every 58 min since spalletti's return. That is what Francesco is doing. Or am I mistaking him with higuain

No Totti
No Party

He was upset because he took his shirt off only few days after Spalletti announced that he introduced more strict rules including a fine for taking shirt off after celebration.

I am with him there. A useless yellow. We need more professionalism and sometime it starts with the little things.
post #54 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 19:37
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post
I really can't see what everyone's seeing in Paredes, in fact I prefer Strootman in his current form.

our failures so far can be blamed on Spalletti (especially for insisting on playing Szczęsny, who was the second main reason we crashed out of CL) and our mercato, which some were giving an 8/10 for some reason after siging Peres. I think it was Primo who asked if we weren't going to make any panic buys at the end of the season, and back then I wanted to tell him that we've already made them earlier, we signed Rui, Juan, Vermaelen and Fazio (but I did not get my account back then ......... I still don't have my original account back).

you look at our squad and we've lost a very decent young LB because we did not want to pay a couple of millions and got ourselves an old barely adequate one instead, we have many choices in central defense but most of them are very weak ones, we have no alternative to De Rossi on the roster (again I'm not drinking the same Paredes kool aid not to mention that his defensive style is just a red card waiting to happen, which is ironic when you consider it) and we have no alternative to Dzeko on the roster (a sub not an alternate way of playing). we brought Iturbe back, God knows why, and we let Sadiq go. and yes, losing the player with the best assists stats of last season while playing virtually the same tactics without replacing him did indeed affect us.

you couple all of this with Spall's baffling subbing and strategy choices and you get the mess we're in now.

also, I don't mind playing SES as long as he's played as an out and out attacker in Dzeko's place with Salah and Perotti flanking him.
Harsh on Paredes. It is all tactical. Spalletti persistence on playing Nainggolan in a Perrotta-role up front is hurting the team balance. If you are playing a deep laying playmaker you need cover for him defensively. Juve had Prilo covered by Marchisio and Vidal on both sides. We need to do the same. Strootman/Paredes or even Ddr/Paredes isn't enough.
post #55 of 679 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 19:48
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinoy1 View Post
Still can't find the second half anywhere
Full game is available on the official website
WATCH: Roma v Sampdoria Full Match
post #56 of 679 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2016, 07:46
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Man View Post

Just to be clear, Mario Rui is 25 years old and Digne is 23, so yeah, he really is old...

As for Parades, he is clearly the same type of player that Pjanic is, not so good though, at least not yet. And Strootman keeps losing the ball all over the place, both in club and NT.

Agree about that Sadiq should have stayed and agree that Spallettis tactical changes over and over isnt making things easier.

What Roma is doing is that they sign mediocre players all over the place, instead of perhaps target one or two really good ones, players that can change the game.
post #57 of 679 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2016, 14:28
Rookie

meant older, not old. however, are you really going to argue this? does the fact that Rui is only 2 years older makes this a sensible move?

and no, Paredes isn't the same type of player as Pjianic is. in fact Pijanic was tried in the deep laying playmaker role before and sucked at it. but as far as deeper playmakers or box to box midfielders go, Paredes hasn't shown anything to make me excited about him.
post #58 of 679 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2016, 15:28
Rising Star

I think your wrong. If im not mistaken Spalletti did just this, moved back Pjanic and upped Nainggolan and we all saw the result.

Im not saying either about Rui or Digne.

One thing is for sure, wathcing PSG last night and seeing how awesome Marquinhos are makes me sad from a Roma point of view.
post #59 of 679 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2016, 20:27
Rookie

and you are well within your rights to think I'm wrong, not to mention that I've been proven wrong before. however, I truly believe that Paredes is just another in a long line of young players that Roma fans kept believing will turn out to be stars and thought selling them was the stupidest move the management could do, only to have no one remember their names later one.

from what I've seen of Rui, I'm saddened that we've had to settle for him only because we didn't want to pay a couple more millions for Digne.
post #60 of 679 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2016, 21:16
Legend

Well, I will say that I really admire Parades' work rate, anger and love for the colors. I do think he has skills, too.

It works if you work it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.