Xtratime Community banner

Summer Mercato 2016

15K views 235 replies 26 participants last post by  Primo 
#1 ·
I'm following the rumors like all of you. I hesitate to even list some of them here. But a consensus seems to be forming that for some reason, we need to sell some a top player or two to make more cash. We have apparently landed Allison, the Brazilian GK, and are trying to acquire Bologna's midfielder, Diawara and the Belgian, Witsel.
If we sell Pjanic to Juve, I will object loudly, very loudly.

#4 ·
Sabatini has practically single-handedly financed the club's new stadium by flipping young players the last couple of years. We've sold three defenders over three years for nearly 100 euros, got 20 mil for Bertolacci. I expect we will sell at least one and maybe both of Manolas or Rudiger this year. It's profitable but no way to win championships. But that's the way this club's owners do business.

#11 ·
GDS: Roma's open to selling Pjanic for less than 38m because if a club pays his clause more than 15% of the transfer fee goes to the player.

WTF... First we give Pjanic such a low buyout clause (that goes form 38m to 28m next season), and next we give him more than 15% of the transfer fee if someone activates the clause. Who the f$#@ negotiated and signed off on this absolutely awful contract. This is unbelievable.

#17 ·
Gazzetta.it reporting it now. Pallotta comes to Rome to make jokes with reporters. Joke is on us, I guess. Selling our gem free kick taker to our arch enemy for pennies on the dollar. This is truly amateur hour at ASRoma. We won't even make all the profit on the little scumbag cause of the weak contract these stupid hedge fund ****s drew up for one of Europe's top midfield prospects. Absolutely pathetic to do such a rotten deal with the devil. Pjanic isn't even that good in live play sometimes, but his free kicks are worth 9 or so points a season. For him to agree to this move, however, is traitorous, sickening. The whole thing.

#18 ·
I would not be too upset with the club, only because a player who wants a release clause put in his contract is one that has one eye on leaving.

His release clause is not even that high.

#19 ·
Well to be fair, if someone had to go, Pjanic is the easiest to replace. Not sure what Pallotta did except saying that they couldnt do much if the buyout clause was met. And having a player on your team as a regular starter that is good in one third of the games is not what Roma need.

Seeing him in the ugliest of shirts and playing catenaccio style football will suit him well :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Well to be fair, if someone had to go, Pjanic is the easiest to replace. Not sure what Pallotta did except saying that they couldnt do much if the buyout clause was met. And having a player on your team as a regular starter that is good in one third of the games is not what Roma need.

Though, seeing him in the ugliest of shirts and playing catenaccio style football will suit him well :rolleyes:
He's not the easiest to replace. A player of his quality will cost at LEAST 20m. Mimimum. Paredes is not ready to take over for Pjanic, not in the slightest. At least we still have Perotti for the creative spark. If we sold (sell) Nainggolan we could easily replace him with Strootman or someone like Rincon for around 10-15m and we wouldn't miss a beat.

#21 ·
Also, its pretty fcking ridiculous that we get completely fcked over whenever one of our "star" players leaves.

Marquinhos: all the potential in the world, had an amazing season, sold for 33m when he should have been at least 40m.

Benatia: was playing like one of the best cbs in the world when we had him, Saba said his weak foot alone was worth 30m. Forced his way out because he wanted more money and we sold him for 31.5m.

Pjanic: came into his own these last 2 seasons, the 2 best seasons of his career, contributed the most goals/assists on the team, 38m release clause when a player of his quality should be 50m MINIMUM, player gets 20% of the release clause (WTF???), we end up with around 30.4-32m for the second best mid in the league, and one of the best in europe, when Juve are asking 120m for Pogba, we give Pjanic away for a mere 30m. fcking pathetic.

#22 ·
Sure, some bad deals were struck and management should be blamed for that. But this whole Pjanic deal is what it is. Clearly he wanted an easy way out if he wanted to leave the club. It was pretty much that or he wouldn't have signed a new contract.

And i still claim that he is by far the easiest to replace and considering his inconsistent we might end up on top of the deal.

Can we hope for Axel Witsel instead :pray:

#23 ·
Pjanic the little bitch spoke for years about his love for Roma, Totti, blah blah, just lies that flowed out of your mouth like crap. What a complete mercenary scumbag. Roma loses perhaps the best free kick player in Europe, while Juve gains another Pirlo-esque player who can literally score on just about any free kick. Now watch Ninja pack his bags. Real funny Pallotta, go back to hiding in Boston and short some investors.

#24 ·
Pjanic the little bitch spoke for years about his love for Roma, Totti, blah blah, just lies that flowed out of your mouth like crap. What a complete mercenary scumbag. Roma loses perhaps the best free kick player in Europe, while Juve gains another Pirlo-esque player who can literally score on just about any free kick. Now watch Ninja pack his bags. Real funny Pallotta, go back to hiding in Boston and short some investors.
What does that mean?

#29 ·
I sure don't follow Roma's news closely, but from the little I've gathered it doesn't exactly seem the club's hierarchy did anything really to counter those weird clauses; contract extensions were deemed pricey & never offered in the first place! It's as if the guys calling the shots wanted to cash out for the sake of FFP, I guess...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.