• 3 Post By Andy Christ
  • 4 Post By Andy Christ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 12:14 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Global Super League

Using my considerable powers of clairvoyance I was able to peek into the future and see the world of football in 2049/50 season. What I saw was not pretty.

The biggest league in the world is now the Global Super League (est.2042) consisting of teams from most of the major metropolises of the world. The clubs in it do not participate in their domestic competitions or continental competitions anymore. Most of them are still independent sports clubs although some are franchises owned by the league itself.

Every team meets the clubs in their own division twice and all other teams in the league once during the regular season (33 matches in total). Eight best teams from both conferences will enter the playoffs (seeded, home and away legs). The champions of both conferences meet in the Super Final played in a neutral location.

Western Conference

New York Cosmos
London United*
FC Toronto
Club América
Athletic Club Miami

FC Nova Paulista**
FC Rio de Janeiro
Boca Juniors
Los Angeles Galaxy
Santa Fe

Real Madrid
FC Barcelona
Paris Saint-Germain
AC Milan
Lagos United

Eastern Conference

Fenerbahçe
Al Ahly
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Racing Club de Kinshasa

CSKA Moscow
Mumbai City
Delhi Dynamos
Shanghai Red Eagles
Beijing Guoan

FC Tokyo
FC Seoul
Guangzhou Evergrande
Atlético de Kolkata
Melbourne Victory

Additional notes

*Premier League clubs did not join the new league as EPL is still running strong. A new club named London United was created for the league (it is a franchise owned by the GSL itself). It is very unpopular in Britain.

**Existing Brazilian clubs did not join the league either. Two new clubs (Nova Paulista and FC Rio) are the representative sides of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro clubs consisting of their best players promoted into GSL. Local clubs such as Palmeiras, Botafogo etc will get a cut from the profits. Brazil is the only country where this system is used.
van, Abedi and HOMESMOINA! like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
i'm catastrophed by what i read here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 12:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Someone is really bored.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 12:58
We will ROCK u
Star Player

Teams: concacaf teams , Portugal
didnt read

I believe

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 12:58
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiacos, Asteras Iteas, Greece
Scumbahce

ΣΕΒΑΣΜΟΣ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΓΑΜΙΑΔΕΣ ΣΑΣ ΜΟΥΝΟΠΑΝΑ!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 13:09 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Beijing Gouan beats Los Angeles Galaxy 2-0 in the 2050 Super Final...goals scored by Neymar Junior Junior and a Swedish striker Saad Okoronkwo-Kousa.

Quote:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 13:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good thread.
Unfortunately I can't see me being alive and watching the GSL in 1950.
No Juventus? No Inter?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 13:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Are there cyborg referees yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 15:14
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
Who the fcuk are Racing Club de Kinshasha lol.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 19:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I kinda like the idea but refuse to play in an Eastern Conference. It also does not make sense to have Paris in Milan in West and the Germans in East...

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 19:25
Legend

Can we make an online financing page to support Andychrist taking psychogenics and producing more threads like these?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 19:37
Rookie

I'd rather opt for a FIFA Champions League, with the old HOLY criteria of gettin in only national champions from the best ranked federations.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2017, 21:46 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

pele10brazil:

Cristiano Ronaldo is without doubt all time Top 5 with Pele, Maradona, Messi and Günther Ayolabe. CR won 5 Champions Leagues, 9 La Liga titles and an Euro championship. Arguably the greatest European player ever who scored over 800 goals and kept playing at a very high level until he was 39. Nobody could stop him back then. And this was the era before gene manipulation...he was 100% the real deal!

SoccerDiscussionAIv3.62:

Don't be kidding man! He played in some domestic bush league and scored against teams like Almeria and Extremadura. The old Spanish league was a two horse race. I'd like him to see scoring 0.8 goals per game in today's era against superclubs like Gouan or AC Miami or Lagos United. No way he could do this. I mean his clone failed at Real Madrid and is now playing in Iberian Liga for Zaragoza. Not even GSL level! At least Neymar's clone won the title and the Golden Ball this season!

Quote:
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2017, 02:00
Rising Star

Thanks for making Victory Australia's rep.

Formerly Jeffrey, ILA etc.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2017, 03:19
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
The future may be like that. Specially when travel upgrades itself from the 100 year of regular flight we've been on
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2017, 07:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
Why would the football world be more tied to major metropoli in the future? I think everything that is happening in football suggests that the local stadium part of the football business will be less and less important. The global brand will be the decisive factor. For most fans already, Manchester United is essentially not a club out of some shithole town in Lancashire, it's a carefully developed fan experience designed to look good and sound good. With VR viewing, that's going to be even more important.

Then the question is, which club brands will be the most important in 30 years? Well, take a look at the most recognized clubs from 30 years ago. Not that much has changed, really. So far we haven't seen a single newly founded club become truly globally recognized. Los Angeles Galaxy probably comes closest, but it's still a tiny club on a worldwide scale. Sure, clubs like Milan, PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City have become powerhouses because of heavy investments, but all those clubs already had an extensive established fanbase to begin with. RB Leipzig is of course the one potential exception in this, it will be interesting to see how their development continues.

So, anyway, if there is a successful international super league in 30 years, my guess is that it consists mainly of West European clubs, almost all of them owned by foreigners. Probably Asians from whichever part of that continent is running a financial boom. Forget Kolkata and such, Villareal has more chance of being included.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2017, 09:41
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Why would the football world be more tied to major metropoli in the future? I think everything that is happening in football suggests that the local stadium part of the football business will be less and less important. The global brand will be the decisive factor. For most fans already, Manchester United is essentially not a club out of some shithole town in Lancashire, it's a carefully developed fan experience designed to look good and sound good. With VR viewing, that's going to be even more important.

Then the question is, which club brands will be the most important in 30 years? Well, take a look at the most recognized clubs from 30 years ago. Not that much has changed, really. So far we haven't seen a single newly founded club become truly globally recognized. Los Angeles Galaxy probably comes closest, but it's still a tiny club on a worldwide scale. Sure, clubs like Milan, PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City have become powerhouses because of heavy investments, but all those clubs already had an extensive established fanbase to begin with. RB Leipzig is of course the one potential exception in this, it will be interesting to see how their development continues.

So, anyway, if there is a successful international super league in 30 years, my guess is that it consists mainly of West European clubs, almost all of them owned by foreigners. Probably Asians from whichever part of that continent is running a financial boom. Forget Kolkata and such, Villareal has more chance of being included.
While it is true that Milan has been among the greatest clubs of the last 30 years, let't not forget that they had won a two-digit number of Italian league titles as well as 2 European Cups before Berlusconi bought the club. Would make more sense to mention Barca, then, alongside those nouveau riche clubs, even if in both cases I would certainly classify them as powerhouses 30 years ago, at least if we measure by important trophies.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2017, 15:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
Barca was not bought by a rich owner who pumped money to transfers to take the club to the top. Milan was. Of course Milan had a great history, but having played two seasons in Serie B in the 80s, they certainly were nothing like powerhouse they became with Berlusconi's investment.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2017, 16:16
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Milan was a European powerhouse going through a major crisis.

Quite a difference compared to the other clubs you mentioned which combined hadn't won half as many important titles when they were purchased by rich owners as Milan when purchased by Berlusconi.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2017, 04:09
Xtratime Legend

That list of clubs gave me anxiety.

Œuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2017, 06:17
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
The one diff between now and 2050 will be....Chinese super league will be one of the top 5 leagues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.