Xtratime Community banner

Arsène Wenger steps down as coach of Arsenal FC.

7K views 197 replies 36 participants last post by  Firdaus 
#1 ·
Kidding of course, it'll never happen.

#133 ·
Dude, dont engage, suddenly losing to them 1-0 or 2-1 is like shipping 3-0 home and away, hopeless trolling man.

#131 ·
Chelsea also signed the best midfielder in the league previously.

It's not hard to judge these current Arsenal players. None of them, even Ozil, will appear in any all time lists. Perhaps a best ever F.A. Cup XI, though that's a stretch.

#132 ·
We also spent a lot of money on payers who looked good elsewhere, yet none of them are performing that well.

You don't need a team of players appearing in all-time lists to do MUCH better than we currently are. We've already made Laca and Auba look mediocre. For example, statistically, Laca had 6 games without a single shot with Lyon in his last season with Lyon. He's already had 10 of those with us. We could sign peak Ronaldo, and we'd still struggle.

#142 ·
Do you think it will actually happen? Would be fun to watch, but indeed I remember him fighting the management and some players repeatedly (or am I confusing him with another Dortmund manager?). That would seem exactly the opposite profile to Wenger, who was really the management's man, going through a long period of low investment without complaining because of the stadium and also really patient with players, grooming them and giving them chances time after time.

#143 ·
No, you remember it right. It all started after the attack on the Dortmund bus before the Monaco match. But as I wrote above it now looks more like PSG than Arsenal. Also of course Wenger will not step down anyway. He will win the Europa League and go to CL that way. :D ;)

#146 ·
Arsène Wenger has issued the following statement:

“After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

“I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

“I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

“I want to thank the staff, the players, the Directors and the fans who make this club so special.

“I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high.

“To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club.

"My love and support for ever.”

Arsene Wenger

he's gone...

#149 ·
It will happen for sure now, his legend status was flushed down with stubborness, dont know many legends where fans around the stadium held OUT messages for...now question who is the manager next year - Simeone would fancy it...

Well it was expected, no CL football, empty stadiums, battling Burnley to finish 6/7th, was bound for money to talk...

Hope they dont get anyone decent though, go Vieira :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.