LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 16:54 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
How serious is the Chinese league?

Teams from there are close to signing Ramires, Freddy Guarin, Luiz Adriano, Cheick Tiote and Gervinho to go with a bunch of Brazilians/Asamoah Gyan/Dario Conca that already play there.

Given the money being thrown about, is this going to turn into a genuine alternative for players?

They are paying £25m for Ramires!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 17:09
Premier Player

It's more comedic parody of the overspending of the English than anything deadly serious imo.Chinese sense of humour.
post #3 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 17:10 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't think even we can compete with a league that makes Asamoah Gyan one of the top 10 paid players in the world on that front, tbh.

post #4 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 17:12
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
big deal, nobody cares until they get a real top 30 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
i'm catastrophed by what i read here.
post #5 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 17:14 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

While they're not at that stage yet, they have been quick to get international class players in their primes. I don't recall MLS really doing that until maybe Giovinco. The Chinese are coming and buying (relatively) big players who are still in their 20's.

post #6 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I don't think anyone would care if they got a top 30 player either.

It would need to be a whole bunch before it would be interesting. And I for one don't see that happening ever.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #7 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:35
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Most of the names listed are some nobodies who make no big difference.
post #8 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:38 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

They're hardly nobodies. Outside the elite teams of Europe, most clubs would be happy to sign them.

post #9 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:39
Xtratime Legend

You are overrating them big time. Big time. Whats going on lately, you overrating some nobodies, sort of like how epl is full of "international" defenders, like that is some kind of a thing.

Ramires maybe the exception. But interesting, the guy is 28 and Chelsea struggling and getting rid of one of their starting midfielders. Hm......
post #10 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:44 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If say Sevilla signed any of Ramires, Luiz Adriano, Guarin or Gervinho, people would think it was an interesting deal.

I'm not saying these guys are world class players, but they are players close to their primes who are of a good standard and a much better standard than upstart leagues are usually able to sign.

post #11 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:54
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Teams from there are close to signing Ramires, Freddy Guarin, Luiz Adriano, Cheick Tiote and Gervinho to go with a bunch of Brazilians/Asamoah Gyan/Dario Conca that already play there.

Given the money being thrown about, is this going to turn into a genuine alternative for players?

They are paying £25m for Ramires!
Let me go through these names then, the key here is they are not established big team players:

Freddy Guarin: Inter hasnt made it to CL place since he joined and starts. And remember Serie a is supposed to be crap like most neutrals say. And still they dont make the CL with him starting....

Luiz Adriano: Clear case of money over everything, the guy played in ukraine for years, for the Ukraine Chelsea Shaktar, now got a big move to Milan (if its same Luiz Adriano?) and see what happens, off to China after a year. Not big team mentality clearly. Not good enough. Again, cant even cut it in poor serie a. Amazing talent wow.

Tiote: Didnt he have injury problems? Im googling, wiki says only 11 apps last season. Also its not like Newcastle is shining. Escaping relegation by their skin recent years. But oh, his international player, so he must be good i guess. He had potential when he was younger, i give u that. But why is he still stuck at Newcastle since 2010. And will turn 30 this year. Clearly other epl top clubs would have noticed his talents by now to make a move? But who is going to buy a relegation battling player who also has injury issues and turns 30 in the summer. China. Thats who.

Gervinho: Arsenal fans hated him. One season wonder only cause Roma coach was Lille coach where they also worked together. Lets get real, this guy is not good enough for a top side. Of course he is going to take the China money rather than playing for a Newcastle or Carpi.

Asamoah Cyan: Played in Arab Emirates since 2011, no point even discussing, money money money. TBF he once looked like a decent player, but his 30 now. He was good enough for the Sunderlands only where he played in 2010. So of course he thought, do i play in a rainy sh-tty Sunderland who never will make it anywhere or swim in cash, good weather, beach etc in Arab. Money speaks once again.

Dario Conca: Who? Googled. Clearly another money case. From Brazil to China. Didnt even come to europe. Priorities is the thing here.

This is the thing. These players most nothing special and play for mid to relegation level sides in europe. So they go for the China money.

Last edited by Stephan; January 25th, 2016 at 19:17.
post #12 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:58
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
If say Sevilla signed any of Ramires, Luiz Adriano, Guarin or Gervinho, people would think it was an interesting deal.

I'm not saying these guys are world class players, but they are players close to their primes who are of a good standard and a much better standard than upstart leagues are usually able to sign.
Gervinho is rubbish. Guarin is starter for Inter who cant make it to CL 3-4 years running. Why is that? Why cant this super hyper player in a rubbish serie a cheese league get to CL place?

Anyway, Sevilla are actually overall good at making transfers so clearly they have other priorities and know their stuff. Also clearly these guys realize they arent good enough for a CL top team/winning team so they are done with europe and go to China for the money. Thats whats going on actually. Sevilla will never win in spain till Real/Barca. So those guys at their age are already a case of, 28-30 that by now they should be in a big team. And then they go, oh yeah, not going to happen, do i stick with the midtable sides who never win anything or go and earn my retirement salary in Asia.
post #13 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:58 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Again I'm not saying they're anything special and it's obvious that they're going to China for the money. There just hasn't been an upstart league that has brought in players of this kind of quality before.

Again, by this kind of quality I don't mean that they are superstars, but they are well established players, who could (for less money) move to decent teams in Europe. Not amazing teams, but MLS sides couldn't beat Sevilla or Newcastle to players, for example.

post #14 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:02
Xtratime Legend

Bunch of Brazilians....same thing happens in russia. Thats the go to thing, buy bunch of brazilians, who dont even play for this average Brazil team of now. Russian league done same for years.
post #15 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:04 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes, but the Russian League is a well established league that has won European trophies. If the Chinese League fills it's foreigner spots with players like these, then how much money would be available to start going after bigger players in due course?

post #16 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:20
Xtratime Legend

Lol you are saying that as if people watch Russian league. Only russians and some ex-soviets watch it. I for one dont watch it. Do you? So you do?
post #17 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Most important for China and its league is that they start producing better local players. They recently couldn't beat Hong Kong twice in world cup qualifiers.

Would be good for the game if they did reach Japan or South Korea's level, but right now, there's still a lot of work to do.

They're ambitious though and lots is being spent on youth football in China.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #18 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:38 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Lol you are saying that as if people watch Russian league. Only russians and some ex-soviets watch it. I for one dont watch it. Do you? So you do?
I don't see how I'm suggesting people watch it at all.

post #19 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:38 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Most important for China and its league is that they start producing better local players. They recently couldn't beat Hong Kong twice in world cup qualifiers.

Would be good for the game if they did reach Japan or South Korea's level, but right now, there's still a lot of work to do.

They're ambitious though and lots is being spent on youth football in China.
I think raising the quality of players in the league will naturally raise the game of local players a bit.

post #20 of 369 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 19:43
Star Player

China tried to make their league more famous and prestigious ... with very competitive salary for big names (passed peak) at much higher rank

but it will take TIME ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.