Giornata 29: Sampdoria - Juventus - Xtratime Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 11:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Giornata 29: Sampdoria - Juventus

The people who know me also know that this is one of the games I'd like to win. More than derby (because I'm not genovese). Obviously the difference in terms of "fatturato" (quoting Sarri here) makes the game unfair, but I knew it from the beginning, when I chose to support Sampdoria instead of Juventus, no matter whether my father is juventino, most of my relatives are juventini, most of my friends are juventini... They chose to support the club of their city (one of the two). It's ok. I blame them for their choice whenever I have the opportunity but it's ok.
In the game at Juventus stadium, la Sampdoria "si scansata", "got out of Juventus way", according to newspapers and commentators. Actually, it was a midweek game and Giampaolo simply did what he had already done before: he fielded a slightly different lineup in the midweek game and rested a few players. Blame the fixtures!
This won't happen in the game at Marassi. We will miss Viviano, banned, replaced by Puggioni. Puggioni had already played at Juventus stadium and that was one of the few poor performances of him in this season.
Kopite likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 12:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Didn't Viviano once call out juve as cheats during his Bologna days? (Krasic dive)

He also had an anti juve gesture whilst at Fiorentina. Don't recall it exactly... Either he refused to take a juve shirt or took it and threw it to the ground.

Great name (Emiliano Viviano is quite cool), solid GK and hates juve. shame he didn't get a chance with us but we tend to have ridiculously good goalies at Inter tbf.

I remember Puggioni doing well when you beat us, but I also recall his howler in 12-13 when he was playing for Chievo (Cassano's goal in Inter V Chievo)

I will be watching this game. Good luck, obviously.
Kopite likes this.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Lo juventino
and a Berlino
e senza coppa torn a Torino.
Invece il Biscione
Da Madrid torn Campione
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 21:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Here is the episode of Viviano and the shirt of Juventus. Jump to minute 3:20

Kopite likes this.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 21:44
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
Is there a chance for Schick to start this game? He looks interesting, want to take closer look at him. Saw highlights of derby where dribbled like he was Van Basten or Ibra lol.

Skickat frn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 21:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Is there a chance for Schick to start this game?
for some odd reason Giampaolo almost always starts with Quagliarella-Muriel.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 21:57
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
for some odd reason Giampaolo almost always starts with Quagliarella-Muriel.
He should do an Allegri and find a way for all his best attackers to start together. It's not like you have much quality in midfield to not sacrifice it with extra FW.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 22:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
He should do an Allegri and find a way for all his best attackers to start together. It's not like you have much quality in midfield to not sacrifice it with extra FW.
nah, he should just keep Quagliarella on the bench.
I don't think a midfielder can be benched anyway. The team works the way it is.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 22:06
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
nah, he should just keep Quagliarella on the bench.
You turning on him like Toro fans due his open love letter to Napoli all the time? Lol.

Or more plausible, he has stopped scoring? He was in good form before.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2017, 22:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
You turning on him like Toro fans due his open love letter to Napoli all the time? Lol.
No, I like Quagliarella, but he is not nearly as brilliant as he used to be a few seasons ago. Schick and Muriel are the real deal.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2017, 09:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: liverpool, sampdoria
Quote:
The people who know me also know that this is one of the games I'd like to win. More than derby (because I'm not genovese). Obviously the difference in terms of "fatturato" (quoting Sarri here) makes the game unfair, but I knew it from the beginning, when I chose to support Sampdoria instead of Juventus, no matter whether my father is juventino, most of my relatives are juventini, most of my friends are juventini... They chose to support the club of their city (one of the two). It's ok. I blame them for their choice whenever I have the opportunity but it's ok.
In the game at Juventus stadium, la Sampdoria "si scansata", "got out of Juventus way", according to newspapers and commentators. Actually, it was a midweek game and Giampaolo simply did what he had already done before: he fielded a slightly different lineup in the midweek game and rested a few players. Blame the fixtures!
This won't happen in the game at Marassi. We will miss Viviano, banned, replaced by Puggioni. Puggioni had already played at Juventus stadium and that was one of the few poor performances of him in this season.

interesting reading.

it's not a matter of why do hate juve ( it's different issue), but my question is why haven't support juve as most of your relatives and friends in the city of Turin?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2017, 09:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Is there a chance for Schick to start this game? He looks interesting, want to take closer look at him. Saw highlights of derby where dribbled like he was Van Basten or Ibra lol.

indeed, he has been attracting me in recent games. he's improving so quickly, it seems he has brilliant abilities to be shown gradually.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2017, 12:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
interesting reading.

it's not a matter of why do hate juve ( it's different issue), but my question is why haven't support juve as most of your relatives and friends in the city of Turin?
because when I started to follow football, in 1982, they had just won two scudetti (in 1980-81 and 1981-82) thanks to highly questionable decisions of the referees and that was unacceptable to me.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2017, 13:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

well, that was good reason to hate juve for you. but since that time, haven't Juve have played and won trophies fairly to let you attract you again?
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2017, 16:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
well, that was good reason to hate juve for you. but since that time, haven't Juve have played and won trophies fairly to let you attract you again?
Kopite, once a sampdoriano forever sampdoriano.
Kopite likes this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 05:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Kopite, once a sampdoriano forever sampdoriano.

well, do you love Samdporia more, or hate Juve more?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 16:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

well, do you love Samdporia more, or hate Juve more?
Obviously I love Sampdoria more. Actually I do not even hate Juventus. I just think they are a bunch of cheats.

Back to game, I missed the first half but am watching the second half. Let's see if we can equalize.
Kopite likes this.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 17:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

0-1 FT

Well, we did what we could. Too bad Schick had to leave the pitch because of an injury. He is the one in our team I consider able to score to Juventus. Quagliarella worked hard but in terms of shooting he has been very poor, Muriel was on one of those days in which you would kick his arse. Praet did well when he came in, Djuricic could stay on the bench...
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 17:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Obviously I love Sampdoria more. Actually I do not even hate Juventus. I just think they are a bunch of cheats.

Back to game, I missed the first half but am watching the second half. Let's see if we can equalize.
i get it now.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 17:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

it was an open match and exciting one, for me it's match the week no doubt in that. i think Samp played a decent match at least in term of holding the ball specially in the 2nd half but could not invest that or creating many real chances. juve player were so disciplined defensively
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2017, 19:46
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
0-1 FT

Well, we did what we could. Too bad Schick had to leave the pitch because of an injury. He is the one in our team I consider able to score to Juventus. Quagliarella worked hard but in terms of shooting he has been very poor, Muriel was on one of those days in which you would kick his arse. Praet did well when he came in, Djuricic could stay on the bench...
Puggioni was great in the first half you missed. We didn't have shot on goal 2nd half despite attacking all the time lol.

ToniSamp and Kopite like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.