Official Rumours/Transfer News Thread - Page 182 - Xtratime Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3621 of 3635 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2016, 12:47
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Yankees, Giants
With the transfer window upon us, rumors are picking up pace again.

At the start of the season there was apparently an agreement with Keita that he would be transferred in January. But seeing how he's become a regular starter, I'm not sure how interested he still is in departing. He does leave for international duty next month, and as a replacement there's talk of Gabbiadini. But with Napoli wanting 20 million for him, I doubt Lazio is going to bite.

There's also talk of Djordjevic moving to Genoa, plus Kishna and Morrison set to be offloaded somewhere.

Personally I also think Leitner, Lukaku and Luis Alberto are regretting their Summer moves. They've rarely featured at all.

Lazio already has the biggest squad in the Serie A, despite not playing in Europe. So I rather see us trimming it down first and only then see about new additions.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cuban rum and cigars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3622 of 3635 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2016, 07:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
Absolutely, the squad is too big. Inzaghi has been comfortable fielding primavera graduates like Murgia and Lombardi, anyway, so there's no need to have this many senior players.

Having said that, one reason that some players have got so little playing time is that outside our defence, we haven't had that many injuried this season. We won't be as lucky all season long, so there will be more need for subs to step up.

But clearly someone like Morrison should be out if there's a team somewhere willing to take him. Leitner, Lukaku and Luis Alberto are still adjusting, but Morrison's been at Lazio for 18 months already and it's clear that he won't play any role in the team.

Djordjevic is a difficult case. He's fallen out of favour but if Immobile gets hurt, we need a proper striker. He might fetch a few million in the market, but I don't think he should be sold unless there's a replacement ready.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.
post #3623 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2017, 20:12
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Rumors of Cataldi being loaned out to Genoa are picking up pace. While he hasn't been getting a lot of playing time, it's not like we're that deep in midfielders that we can afford to lose him. Biglia has proven to be rather injury prone and we haven't even reached the part of the season where we play the Coppa yet. I'd rather see Inzaghi rotate his starting 11 more and give Cataldi opportunities that way.

post #3624 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2017, 17:28
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

The deal appears to be done, depending on a medical.

post #3625 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2017, 23:00
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Inspired by Cataldi's move, who apparently asked to be loaned out, Kisha has now also requested a departure for the remainder of the season.

You can't really blame these players. They're just sitting on the bench every week. But Inzaghi really should have done more to make them part of the team.

Just two years ago Cataldi was hailed as the future of Lazio. Being given the Captain's band and was expected to carry the flag into battle for years to come. And now he's asking to leave the club and being loaned out to Genoa. Are Lulic and Milinkovic really that much better? Obviously I don't see the training sessions, but I can't imagine the difference being that great that it would warrant near total exclusion of Cataldi from the starting 11 in favor of them.

And we still have half a season left to be played. The Coppa is starting again. We've been blessed that there haven't been a lot of injuries, but should that change we might end up regretting this.

post #3626 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2017, 09:52
Flop
International

Teams: S.S. Lazio
I must say, I don't quite understand why Cataldi want to force his way out on loan. No, he is not at starter but he is first in line when Biglia and Parolo is out injured or suspended which they will be and with the Coppa coming up there will be plenty of playing time. Inzaghi has also shown the will to play youngsteres like Murgia and Lombardi so I think this is a bit impatient by Cataldi.

SMS was a major disappointment last season but he has really picked up his game, so I do understand why he gets a spot before Cataldi.

Yada, yada
post #3627 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2017, 13:38
Flop
International

Some stats:
- Cataldi has played in 11 out of 20 matches in Serie A this season.
- He was a start in 5 and played 90 minutes in 4.
- He was subbed on in six matches and in one of them he was subbed on after 9 minutes.

If that's much less playing time than he expected, he need a reality check.

Yada, yada
post #3628 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2017, 14:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Do we know that Cataldi requested a move or that's just speculation? If he did, I suspect his recent call-up for the Azzurri might have made him overrate himself. A puzzling move, all in all, especially considering Inzaghi's willingness to play other young Italian prospects.

Anya: [to a customer who just finished her purchase] Please go.
Xander: Anya, the Shopkeepers Union of America called. They want me to tell you that, "Please go" just got replaced with, "Have a nice day."
Anya: But I have their money. Who cares what kind of day they have?
Xander: No one. It's just a long cultural tradition of raging insincerity. Embrace it.
post #3629 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2017, 12:11
Forum Manager
Legend

It's the agents that run these things as much as the players...plus there's the weird Lotito-Preziosi connection that made Lazio and Genoa swap players quite often. Perhaps there's another fixed win coming for us in the spring...

Seriously speaking, a bit strange move at this point, but if Cataldi is a regular starter for Genoa for the spring, this could be a good thing. It's not like he has been stuck to the bench, but he could use more playing time - as could indeed our other midfield players. This opens up a chance for Leitner to get some games. Still, a bit strange.

post #3630 of 3635 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2017, 13:53
Flop
International

When the transferwindow closes I expect us to have Beppe Sculli back in the squad.

Yada, yada
post #3631 of 3635 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 13:34
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Dutch press is reporting that a deal with Galatasaray for Kishna is close. No word yet if it's a transfer or a loan.
Flop
International

Good if it goes through. He isn't playing any significant role for us anyway.

Yada, yada
Forum Manager
Legend

Hasn't really shown anything when he has featured, either. With Lombardi emerging as the first choice sub, Kishna's role looks more and more peripheral.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.