2016/17 NBA Season - Xtratime Community
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 175 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2016, 15:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

2016/17 NBA Season

Tips off tonight with the Cavs hosting New York, San Antonio visiting Golden State and Portland hosting Utah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 175 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2016, 16:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

VS
Portland Trail Blazers (0-0) VS Utah Jazz (0-0)

WHEN: Tuesday, October 25th at 7:00 PM PST/10:00 PM EST
WHERE: Moda Center in Portland, Oregon

Blazers Projected Starters
| | | |
Damian Lillard | CJ McCollum | Mo Harkless | Al Farouq Aminu | Mason Plumlee

Key Reserves
| |
Allen Crabbe | Evan Turner | Ed Davis

Injury Report
Festus Ezeli (Knee) and Shabazz Napier (Ankle) are PROBABLE

Jazz Projected Starters
| | | |
George Hill | Dante Exum | Joe Johnson | Derrick Favors | Rudy Gobert

Key Reserves
| |
Shelvin Mack | Rodney Hood | Boris Diaw

Injury Report:
Gordon Hayward (Finger) & Alec Burks (Knee, Ankle) are OUT
Derrick Favors (Knee) & Boris Diaw (Leg) are PROBABLE

Qs Quote:
Utah is a popular "dark-horse" pick, thus shedding that title, while Portland has high ambitions led by Lillard and his chase for an MVP award. A great early match-up between two of the sides expected to fight for the fourth seed and a potential first round preview. No Hayward will be tough for Utah, but they do have the depth to fight through.

Q's Prediction:
Blazers Win 103-95

Q's Quick Preview

*NOTE* Derrick Favors has just been ruled out.

Last edited by mikek520; October 25th, 2016 at 19:52.
post #3 of 175 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2016, 19:29 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Week 1 Power Rankings

1] Cleveland
2] Golden State
3] San Antonio
4] Los Angeles C
5] Toronto
26] Sacramento
27] Los Angeles L
28] New Orleans
29] Brooklyn
30] Philadelphia

post #4 of 175 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2016, 08:29
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Golden State
post #5 of 175 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2016, 08:33
Star Player

What a trashing by the Spurs. Lovely performance by them. Warriors will need some games to mash and find a formula that works for them, but Zaza isn't cutting it in there against these lanky teams; the guy's a liability in the paint. They were hammered hard on the boards without much of a contest. It's evident even with the injury prone Bogut that he was one of the essential and valuable pieces for their great run. The void that is left now at the center position is striking.
shiaben likes this.
post #6 of 175 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2016, 12:13
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Shirak
Dame D.O.L.L.A. dropping 39 on his day job... and hot 16s as a hobby

post #7 of 175 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2016, 12:53
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_ View Post
What a trashing by the Spurs. Lovely performance by them. Warriors will need some games to mash and find a formula that works for them, but Zaza isn't cutting it in there against these lanky teams; the guy's a liability in the paint. They were hammered hard on the boards without much of a contest. It's evident even with the injury prone Bogut that he was one of the essential and valuable pieces for their great run. The void that is left now at the center position is striking.
Outboarded them offensively by 9 and overall by 22, too big of an impact, thats with Gasol being a passenger.

Kawhi, Dame, Lebron making impressions for MVP from game 1
post #8 of 175 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2016, 16:28
Star Player

Teams: Milan
It was always a case of when GSW would figure their rotation & more importantly make the necessary adjustments. Not even close, not yet.

The Spurs, though, there was a killer instinct about their performance last night, that has been missing for a while now. Even they weren't anywhere near 100% & with the makeover bench, hopefully they could go big this year.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #9 of 175 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2016, 08:46
International

AD: 50 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 4 blocks

What a night.

DeRozan, Westbrook, Harden with some big performances too. But D'Antoni's coaching
post #10 of 175 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2016, 15:44 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Man, that was an entertaining opening two days. Some quick hits:

1] I love Utah's intensity. Quinn Snyder still needs to learn how to make adjustments and set his rotations for Utah to have a legit playoff shot.

2] Anthony Davis has less help than I initially thought. Yes, they are missing Jrue Holiday, but no way you should lose when your star goes for 50-15 with 5 steals, 4 blocks while your opponent has 13 more turnovers. At home nonetheless.

3] James Harden will be the definition of empty stats. 3Angelo just killed him.

4] The Warriors will bounce back but with the loss of Bogut, any team that has a big willing to bang will just dominate them in the paint. Draymond Green is a dirty piece of shit though.

5] It's early and was against Houston, but Luke Walton may do some damage this year, though, tanking may be the best option.
rilla_ likes this.
post #11 of 175 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2016, 16:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

VS
Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-0)

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th at 7:30 PM PST
WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
MEDIA: TNT

Clippers Projected Starters
| | | |
Chris Paul | JJ Redick | Luc Richard Mbah A Moute | Blake Griffin | DeAndre Jordan

Key Reserves
| |
Austin Rivers | Jamal Crawford | Marreese Speights

Injury Report:
Paul Pierce (Knee) is OUT

Blazers Projected Starters
| | | |
Damian Lillard | CJ McCollum | Mo Harkless | Al Farouq Aminu | Mason Plumlee

Key Reserves
| |
Allen Crabbe | Evan Turner | Ed Davis

Injury Report
Festus Ezeli (Knee) and Shabazz Napier (Ankle) are PROBABLE

Qs Quote:
Clippers starting the year off later than the rest of the league, but should be ready to go. Damian Lillard got his MVP hopeful season off to a bang with 39 against the Jazz to get Portland to 1-0, but the Clippers will be ready to get back for the first round from 2015/16.

Q's Prediction:
Clippers Win 111-98
Clippers Prediction Record: 0-0
Overall Prediction Record: 1-0

Q's Quick Preview

Last edited by mikek520; October 27th, 2016 at 16:42.
post #12 of 175 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2016, 19:31
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Yeah awesome first week so far.

The Spurs really started on a high note. Expect to see A LOT of Leonard as the key playmaker this season. I wonder what happened to the San Antonio rookie they drafted? He didn't play, probably needs a lot of time to learn their system, but Simmons coming off the bench was mouth watering, amazing block on Curry. The Warriors looked to get into the paint but the Spurs were on top of them. Interesting to see how the rest of the season and series between these two teams unfolds.

I think the Knicks are going to look very flamboyant this season but both my heart and mind tells me regardless of inconsistencies and the lack of chemistry for the moment being, I see them making a surprise run to reach the NBA finals. The East might have a few teams more disciplined and organized than them but I think Porzingis is going to get them through.

I liked the effort of the 76ers. They've put together an interesting team. Hopefully some of these guys survive the season and get to gel together. The ball movement was great to see. All 5 players selfless and taking the shots at the appropriate time. The Thunder had to work harder to get the W. Westbrook and Adams already have great chemistry. Oladipo, no surprises, looked to be the weaker player. Hopefully as the season progresses he'll tidy up his play. Sabonis will get plenty of minutes, expect Roberson to be very aggressive this season now with Durant gone. Kanter is naturally more a center but at power forward I think he'll do a decent job and this team should be fun to watch come playoffs.

I watched the Houston-Laker game for shits and giggles, lol, Luke Walton as great as a guy he is, won't be able to resolve this mess. Both teams looked like they were playing HS basketball. Defense didn't mean shit to them at all.

Anthony Davis is an island. His teammates are ridiculously pathetic. I really feel for the dude. Hopefully Buddy Hield can do something this season. The guy needs as much help as possible. Can't do it alone, never.

I think on paper this season looks to be interesting and come playoffs I think we're due for some good surprises. I still can't see an NBA champion emerging from the East yet...but hopefully teams will not bend over to Cleveland like they did last year, I don't think it will be the case this season.
rilla_ likes this.
post #13 of 175 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2016, 21:53
Star Player

AD is simply a beast. It's such a pity that he has no one really decent around. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season though and continue to put up some great numbers if nothing else works for them.
post #14 of 175 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2016, 09:00
International

Kings look a lot better this season already, they got themselves a top coach in Joreger. Kawhi beasting again.

That female ref in the Clippers Portland game, i forgot her name is absolutely terrible, so many shit calls.
post #15 of 175 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2016, 16:05 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Game Recap

Quote:
Clippers finally have assembled a fine bench with the additions of Marreese Speights, Raymond Felton, Brandon Bass and Alan Anderson. All four are solid vets, three of which have had deep runs into the playoffs with Speights being a recent member of the Warriors, also on the Grizzlies squads that the Clippers had chippy play with. Speights and Jamal Crawford led the Clippers second unit with 15 points a piece, while Jamal also chipped in with 4 steals. Speights led the Clippers with a +20.
Player of the Game
post #16 of 175 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2016, 16:13
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiacos, Asteras Iteas and Greece!
Giannis to have a breakout in a depleted Bucks roster?They lost Middleton and they replaced him with Snell and Beasley for god's sake.One more season without playoffs,he should consider the option not to stay in Milwuakee if the situation is still the same when he'll reaching his peak,once his contract is over.That said,go Sacramento
post #17 of 175 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2016, 16:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

@
Los Angeles Lakers (1-0) @ Utah Jazz (0-1)

WHEN: Friday October 28th, 2017 at 6:00 PM PST
WHERE: Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah
Vegas Lines: Utah -8.5. O/U: 201

Lakers Projected Starters
| | | |
D'Angelo Russell | Nick Young | Luol Deng | Julius Randle | Timofey Mozgov

Key Reserves
| |
Jordan Clarkson | Brandon Ingram | Larry Nance

Injury Report
Jose Calderon (Calf) is OUT.

Jazz Projected Starters
| | | |
George Hill | Rodney Hood | Joe Johnson | Derrick Favors | Rudy Gobert

Key Reserves
| |
Shelvin Mack | Dante Exum | Boris Diaw

Injury Report:
Gordon Hayward (Finger) & Alec Burks (Knee, Ankle) are OUT
Derrick Favors (Knee) is QUESTIONABLE

Qs Quote:
"The Lakers high octane offense was just better than the Rockets high octane offense. This game, however, will involve defense as Utah actually plays both sides of the ball. Interested to see if Luke Walton can keep the Lakers rolling during their first road trip, in a tough environment. On the flip side, Utah may get Favors back and that is a huge addition for a team with aspirations of sneaking into the Top 4. Quin Snyder made some questionable substitutions during Utah's debut game, and it'll be interesting to see if that continues."

Q's Prediction:
Lakers Win 103-98
Prediction Record (Clipper Record): 2-0 (1-0)

Q's Quick Preview (Click Me)

Last edited by mikek520; October 28th, 2016 at 16:44.
post #18 of 175 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2016, 18:26 Thread Starter
Rising Star

@
Golden State Warriors (0-1) @ New Orleans Pelicans (0-1)

WHEN: Friday October 28th, 2017 at 6:30 PM PST
WHERE: Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana
Vegas Lines: Warriors -11. O/U: 221.5

Pelicans Projected Starters
| | | | |
Tim Frazier | Etwaun Moore | Solomon Hill | Anthony Davis | Omer Asik

Key Reserves
| |
Buddy Hield | Lance Stephenson | Terrence Jones

Injury Report
Jrue Holiday (Personal), Quincy Pondexter (Knee), Tyreke Evans (Knee) are OUT.

Warriors Projected Starters
| | | |
Stephen Curry | Klay Thompson | Kevin Durant | Draymond Green | Zaza Pachulia

Key Reserves
| |
Shaun Livingston | Andre Iguodala | David West

Injury Report:
None

Qs Quote:
"Golden State won 73 games last year, added Kevin Durant and proceeded to be routed by the San Antonio Spurs on opening night. Golden State had only two losses at the "Roaracle" during the 2015/16 campaign and start with a goose egg in the win column. New Orleans struggled last year, but got a healthy Anthony Davis to score 50 points, grab 16 rebounds, steal seven balls and block four shots, but still lost to the Denver Nuggets. As expected, they would be able to stick with teams until they ran out of gas."

Q's Prediction:
Warriors Win 113-91
Prediction Record (Clipper Record): 2-0 (1-0)

Q's Quick Preview (Click Me)

Last edited by mikek520; October 28th, 2016 at 18:37.
post #19 of 175 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2016, 09:39
Star Player

lol Rus is on pace to burn himself out by All Star break. The next two away games will be huge though (Clips & GS). Would be completely insane if he continued on posting up these monster numbers like it's just routine.
post #20 of 175 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2016, 13:18
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
He is ridiculously skilled, but he is still has low basket iq, boneheaded playing style that only works through extreme athleticism. He seems to have little interest to use his teammates in any way, just shoots insane amount, 50 pts is impressive in itself. But less so when it's because he takes what, 44 or 45 shots? More then rest of his 9 teammates put together.

Davis scoring 50 with 50 procent shooting is more impressive for me, same with Leonard scoring 30 with around 14 shots or something like that.

Skickat frn min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.