Lilyhammer - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2012, 20:42 Thread Starter
The Ties That Bind
Legend

Teams: Barça
Lilyhammer

So I was finally sitting down to watch Citizen Kane for the XT Film Club and as I opened the Netflix envelope and on the inside was this advert for the show. I don't know if this is Netflix's first series or not (I think it is), but it's a "Netflix Original Series." Heard they were working on something in the past, but didn't know it was this. So I decided to check it out and ended up watching the first three episodes.

The show is about a New York mobster who gets into the witness protection program for testifying against the big boss. However he was a special request and that is he doesn't want to stay in the US but would rather go to Lillehammer, Norway because he loved the 94 Olympics.

I have to say that so far I like the show. For starters I love that it's almost entirely Norwegian and that it's set in Lillehammer. The episodes are 45 minutes each (so hour long episodes without the adverts) and definitely kept me interested. While I feel like Steven van Zandt is clche as a mobster and quite frankly as himself, he's definitely pretty funny at times. And the jokes are rather expected too. Anyway, it's probably the setting and that it's essentially a Norwegian show that I like most. The show was getting less interesting into the third episode as I feel as though things are moving too fast. Still I'll definitely be watching the rest of the episodes.

"Sóm més que un club!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2012, 23:57
Turn my Fash on
International

Sounds very intriguing, an American mob boss trying to do things the same way in a small foreign town? Very unique idea for a story.

“My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.”
― Julius Evola

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 01:22
Turn my Fash on
International

I've only watched the first 5 minutes and I love it immediately. Great find Blau.

“My principles are only those that, before the French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal.”
― Julius Evola

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 02:28
Turn my Fash on
International

On episode 2 now, this is getting really good.

― Julius Evola

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 03:18 Thread Starter
The Ties That Bind
Legend

Teams: Barça
Good to hear. Funny thing is I can't explain it too well. I mean it's funny, love Norway, but...

Anyway, really curious to see what you think after episode three.

"Sóm més que un club!"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 05:11
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Lillehammer's second claim to fame - who'd have thought. I used to live there, one winter season. Not a place where you'd think foreign organised crime would flourish.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 05:16
Turn my Fash on
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
Lillehammer's second claim to fame - who'd have thought. I used to live there, one winter season. Not a place where you'd think foreign organised crime would flourish.
That's the genius, setting a Sopranos style series there is an amazing concept.

― Julius Evola

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 05:29
Xtratime Legend

I see it's been a favourite on Norways NRK since it premiered in january. Hadn't heard of it in Denmark, but then I live in Berlin atm. It's bound to come to Denmark before too long, though.

Once again I feel burdened by the amount of Tv-shows, films, music, books, and articles one must devour these days.

No wonder I don't have time left to write essays on XT.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2012, 05:48
Xtratime Legend

I used to loath Ny-Norsk. Now I find it kind of charming.

Not bigotting

Quote:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2014, 23:06
Zmajevici !
International

Teams: FK Novi Pazar
just started, excellent so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.