2008: Dorin Goian
2009: Razvan Rat
2010: Cristian Chivu
2011: Lucian Sanmartean
2012: Raul Rusescu
2013: Vlad Chiriches
2014: Lucian Sanmartean
2015: Costel Pantilimon

We'll give 3, 2 and 1 point to three different players. Obviously the only requirement is they have to be Romanians (it doesn't matter if they play in Romania or abroad).

In 12 days (28 December), the voting will be closed and I'll count the points of every player. In the case of a tie in the first place, the winner will be the player with more '3 points' votes.

See less See more
#3 ·
1) Stanciu 2) Andone 3) Alibec

#4 ·
Claudiu's three picks:

1) Stefan Radu
The defender is the most important player for Lazio and has not been given any recognition on this forum for being the most talented, consistent , active Romanian player in the past decade.

2) Florin Andone
Certainly a close second, mostly because he was in the second league and Radu surpasses an "in prime" Chivu in my opinion.

3)Tatarasanu
Plays every game for Fiorentina, and is a world class goal keeper.

If anyone thinks I'm making this up I can send a PM to GICA with a screenshot of the FB conversation as proof.

#7 ·
If anyone thinks I'm making this up I can send a PM to GICA with a screenshot of the FB conversation as proof.
So you created a 2nd Facebook account?! This is obviously all made up ;)

Alibec: "What did Stanciu win at Steaua to be above me? This trophy is mine, he had no chances."
:grin2: Players like Alibec never disappoint

My order for now:
1. Andone
2. Marin
3. Stanciu

#12 ·
Claudiu explanation:

Lazio's defense is nothing without Radu. The irony is that he is a simple defender, but extremely effective. He adds stability to the backline and has been a title contender for many years on a mid-budget Serie A team. We gave Mutu incredible accolades for being in the same position, yet we are unfair to Radu who has been very important year after year for Lazio.

Chivu in his prime played in the shadows and aided by other players. We clearly saw how short shelved he was when he got to Roma and Mexes bailed him out night after night.

Radu deserves more credit, playing for Romania or not.

He's played 14 times for Lazio, rating of 7.00. 13 times last year, 7.00 average. He is by far our most consistent player at the top level.

Radu has 2 goals in Lazio this season in 14 games. Passing percentage of 84 percent. Lazuli are 8 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses with him at CB. Only 13 goals against in his 14 games. Without radu in the lineup, 7 goals against in 3 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Too many stats. In football stats aren't as important as in other sports.

I rate highly Radu btw. But international sphere is very relevant in the career of a player, and he renounced to it. He's an ok player in a big league (for our footballers that means a lot), but he lacks that international pedigree...

--------------------------

IMO there are 3 important spheres we have to think about in the moment of voting here:

-Clubs sphere: How the player did with his club/clubs in this year. How regular he was. How important he is. His status (regular starter/reserve). European tournaments are especially relevant.

-International sphere: How the player did with the NT. Regularity. Importance. Status. Especially relevant in the years with a final tournament.

-Titles: IMO not as important as the other two spheres, but they count especially if the player was important for winning those titles.

Unfortunately the NT is a negative point for all our players this year, except maybe Marin and Stanciu for his first games (he didn't deliver in France).

#17 ·
I´n not sure about the winner but it´s interesting to discuss it:

Alibec: Won the league with Astra, being their prime figure after Budescu´s departure. Many said he won the title singlehandedly. His form in the playoff (where every match was a final) was impressive. He showed he could play under pressure (For example his fantastic hat trick vs Dinamo or his game vs Steaua). After his injury at the Euro, it took him a whle to come back. But he came back and was key in the series vs West Ham, when Astra was in a terrible moment. He was also key in the groups, with 3 goals. Qualifying to european spring with a romanian team is a huge achievement currently.
On the NT I think he wasn´t given real chances. Only minutes now and then, but no intention t make him the player he is at Astra. But, he didn´t have Stanciu or Marin´s inmediate impact.
His attitude is many times a problem, and that prevents him from being a top player, but not romanian player of the year.

Stanciu: Great performances for Steaua (specially the series vs Sparta, when he won it by himself), but no titles. Doing well at Anderlecht, after a very expensive transfer, but far from his best level yet.
Had an impressive start for the NT, not only he adapted fast but was expected to be a star. That has been too much for him so far, in such a poor team

Andone : Incredible form for Cordoba on the second division, and after a rough start, great performances for Deportivo. The fact that he is the only romanian offensive player doing well on a top league, should raise his status.
For the NT he was below par (zero goals this year), and he was given much more chances than Alibec.

Tatarusanu: Starter for Fiorentina, which is really valuable, but without consistent performances. Bad year for the NT

Marin : Had a great second semester, spceacially on the last months. For me he is the young player of the year without a doubt. Also a key player for a Viitorul that leads the league.

#23 ·
Interesting race this year. Congrats Nicu[emoji1377]

I feel for Alibec, in a bigger team, more chances/better environment in the NT, he could have won this. And you could argue his attitude and fitness could always use more improvement.

Budescu also played a great part returning from China too but he made his choice some time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.