Milan Calciomercato 2016 - Xtratime Community
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2314 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 11:16 Thread Starter
International

Teams: AC MILAN
Milan Calciomercato 2016

I have been the keeper of mercato thread for the past years.
It's only right I continue with the tradition

The first signing for 2016 is Prince Boateng :duh:
Hope it won't get worst than this as the year 2016 progress....

Happy new year folks! May 2016 be a wonderful and amazing year to you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2314 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 13:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I did it for a few consecutive years and back in the day Diav did it too . Happy New Year Milanisti

Boateng is an odd signing. If we can get a handful of good performances out of him in the next few months that would be considered a success. As an 'impact sub' off the bench he may score a few, if things go well.

I would like to see the squad trimmed down during this winter mercato. It's still too big. The problem is, a lot of the players we want to see depart have contracts that end in June (such as Nocerino).
post #3 of 2314 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 21:03
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
I hope we keep SES. We currently have no backup to Bonaventura at LM (Niang is a striker) and I seriously doubt we would pay money for a better LM than El Sha.

Plus he could also play RM after Price flops.

post #4 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 01:31
Star Player

prince is back!
looks like we're returning to the free transfer signing that got us nowhere.

hooraay

In giro per il mondo
C solo una bandiera
Ha solo due colori
quella rossonera
quando vedo il milan
Non ci st dentro pi
Io canto per il diavolo
Dai fallo pure tu
post #5 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 14:01
Forum Manager
Legend

You know, I fear that KPB will be an improvement over what we have on this team. Lets just hope he doesn't start to believe his own hype after a couple of good games.

I have no idea what to expect from this transfer window, but will try to avoid to get stuck in the rumor mill for my own sanity.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #6 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 14:28
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve
Apparently you don't have any money to work with and rumour is need to sell Luiz Adriano to have some wiggle room in the Mercato. Which is weird since you just got him.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #7 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 14:49
Forum Manager
Legend

I don't believe that one for a second.

Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #8 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 14:52
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah it sounds random, but who knows, nothing suprises me with Galliani, this where I read it:

Quote:
Milan consider Luiz Adriano sale

Milan may be willing to sacrifice Luiz Adriano and sell him to Russia to balance their books, say reports.

While the Brazilian's performances have not disappointed, his playing time this season has been relatively limited, with 763 minutes played in Serie A against the 1339 of star striker Carlos Bacca.

The imminent return of Jeremy Menez and Mario Balotelli from injury may further limit Adriano's space, leading some to speculate that the Brazilian may be sold.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports of an offer by Russian club Krasnodar, but the player was reportedly not enthusiastic.

However Luiz Adriano and Milan may be more positive should an offer come from CSKA Moscow, who could be looking for a striker after the likely departure of Seydou Doumbia.

It is worth noting that the Rossoneri's liquidity over January is limited, which puts them at a disadvantage in a number of possible deals. The sale of Luiz Adriano would allow them to broaden their options.

http://www.football-italia.net/77680...z-adriano-sale

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #9 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:01 Thread Starter
International

Teams: AC MILAN
Rather send Balo back to Klopp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #10 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:01
Forum Manager
Legend

It's very strange. If (God forbid) Bacca was to pick up an injury, our forward options would be reduced to LA - Niang. The article says Menez and Balo will return soon, but I don't believe it until I see it. Even then, they'll need some time to get that sharpness back.

If the club cannot afford to sign anyone during this transfer window then don't. Wait until summer when there are better deals to be had, and the books will balance further with several contracts ending that shouldn't be renewed.
post #11 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:09
Community Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
and the books will balance further with several contracts ending that shouldn't be renewed.
Galliani will renew them all, fine as we are

It all goes back to the same for me, even if we have money my expectation in Galliani using it properly is next to none.
post #12 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
It's very strange. If (God forbid) Bacca was to pick up an injury, our forward options would be reduced to LA - Niang. The article says Menez and Balo will return soon, but I don't believe it until I see it. Even then, they'll need some time to get that sharpness back.

If the club cannot afford to sign anyone during this transfer window then don't. Wait until summer when there are better deals to be had, and the books will balance further with several contracts ending that shouldn't be renewed.
Exactly, we don't know in what shape Balo and Menez are and if they'll even work in a 4-4-2. There really is no reason for us to get rid of Luiz Adriano at this stage, he has been pretty good IMO.

post #13 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:59
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post

It all goes back to the same for me, even if we have money my expectation in Galliani using it properly is next to none.
And if Galliani doesn't hand extensions to these guys, he'll just bring in somebody else to fill up the deadwood section on our bench!!

Seriously, though, we've been there before, played this game numerously, it doesn't work that way, end of. Silvio - till this very moment - fronted the money for the summer spending spree we've had. A couple of months earlier he covered the humongous losses we've accumulated in 2014. Long story short, as it stands, the financial misery will kick back in this January let alone next summer...

No expectations..No disappointments
post #14 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 19:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post

Sure, there are still questionable signings (e.g - Boateng who may be a complete waste of space, or maybe not) but the amount of these signings has decreased significantly.

I expect guys like Nocerino and others to not get an extension this summer. Muntari, Essien, Robinho etc were not kept on, so what's to say other deadwood players will receive an extension?

Cast your eyes over this current squad and count how many players are genuinely 'deadwood' - players you'd put on the same level as Birsa, Mesbah, Traore and others that have been and gone. There are far fewer than there have been in a long time.
post #15 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 19:16
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

You have fewer dead "wtf are they doing here" weights, but still too many mediocre players for a team that spent premium to improve. One reliable long term defender, one reliable attacker, and Bonaventura, that's essentially what impresses me looking over your squad.

post #16 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 22:03
Forum Manager
Legend

True in that there is still plenty of room for improvement. But it takes time and the encouraging things are that 1) the deadwood is much less than it was and 2) some of the recent signings have been genuine quality and not mediocre players.

Summer brought in Bacca, Luiz Adriano, Bertolacci and Romagnoli. All good players. The odd Kucka type signing (not a player to get excited about but solid squad player who is versatile) is fine and expected. The main thing is we keep adding quality players each season, get rid of deadwood like Nocerino, and look to develop younger players with potential (Donnarumma, Calabria, Niang).
post #17 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2016, 05:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero23 View Post
prince is back!
looks like we're returning to the free transfer signing that got us nowhere.

hooraay
I seriously thought u guys are pulling our legs...wtf transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gunner View Post
You have jose in your avy, its clear your a little slow so i'll try to dumb this down for you
Chelski can't reach a champions league final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
Barcelona are a lot like Putin, they'd win the election regardless but they still commit fraud just to be sure
Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #18 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2016, 13:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Latest rumours:

Perotti -> Roma
El Shaarawy -> Genoa (loan)
Isco -> Milan (loan)

Could be a good move for El Sha to find his feet at a familiar club. Good for Milan to keep strong relations with Genoa as we often benefit from this link.

Isco would be an epic loan, but countless other clubs are going to want his services.
post #19 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2016, 14:19
Star Player

Roma will get Perotti for only 12m euro apparently . . . wish we would make that signing instead. I guess we will have to be satisfied with Prince for RM.

I don't mind loaning El Sha to Genoa. I just hope it's a straight loan and that we get him back if he hits form again.

Isco? Isn't he an attacking midfielder/trequartista? Are we going to change formation mid-season again? For a loanee? Not sure I agree with that even if I like the player.
post #20 of 2314 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2016, 15:38
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Haha, you would say no to top class AM for 4-4-2 formation? How cute

No hope in signing him either way (most likely go to City if Real stupid enough), but he can play in your formation too, Bonaventura's role basically with 3 times the quality.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.